Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Will there be loads of people?

my parents have already bought tickets for Tokyo, we're leaving HK on the 26th of July for 3 weeks in Tokyo. We will go to TDL/TDS for at least 10 times as we normally have done before. But this will be our first visit during the summer and we need to know if there are going to be loads of people. Thanks a million.

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Will there be loads of people?

Doesn't school in Tokyo let out at the end of July? I think August is VERY crowded.

• Banned User

Correct. August is typically the most consistently crowded time at TDR. Get there early and play the Fastpass game if you want to see some of the rides and have ample time to enjoy the live entertainment at the parks. August can be brutally hot and humid so dress accordingly.

• Resident of the Caldera

I vividly remember walking out of the Hilton Hotel somewhere in Tokyo (not the Hilton Tokyo Bay) during August about 10 years ago. Air conditioned comfort and then the glass doors slid open and I stepped outside: it was as if a hot wet towel had been tossed over my body. Ick.

Drink lots of water!

Yea its SOOOO Humid in July, August. It feels like its pouring rain on a hot sunny day.

• You have much to learn...

I haven't been there in the summer myself- but my friend has & yes it is brutally crowed and hot hot hot- Have a great time & play the fast pass game. I'll stick to the fall & winter months!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

is TDS also crowded like TDL? its usually not when we have gone before but we dont know about summer.

• Banned User

TDS packs a healthy crowd during august. It is never as busy as TDL gets but nevertheless... it will be very crowded in the summer month of august.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    TDS packs a healthy crowd during august. It is never as busy as TDL gets but nevertheless... it will be very crowded in the summer month of august.
    oh great

Thumbs up Re: Will there be loads of people?

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    oh great
    I've never been in summer, either, but I trust that the folks who've replied are right about the numbers. Also, TDR has been gaining visitors, not losing them, in the recession, so...yeah, expect crowds.

And I can say from experience to expect it to be uncomfortably hot and humid outside pretty much whenever you're outside.

That said, your tickets are bought and you're coming to TDR for three weeks!!! Once you're in the parks, having fun, getting soaked by Chip 'n Dale or doing the Bonfire Dance, do yourselves a favor and choose not to mind that it's crowded and hot. If you've never been in summer, there will be events you've never experienced that you couldn't experience another time. Just it! You're gonna visit TEN times; if you're hot, take a break. You've got time to pace yourselves and enjoy it.

Do dress lightly, though, and carry electric portable misting propeller-fans (which you can purchase in the parks with designs featuring your favorite characters).^^

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

im really used-to HKDL crowds since i go there once a week, the rides there have an average max 20 min wait. dunno how TDL will be... Thanks a lot for the info!

• Banned User

TDL? Most wait times will be from 45 mins to 2 hours.. so it is very important to use Fastpass to the extreme, so you can save precious time and see as much as possible.

• Membre

I will be there in august too. I know it will be extremely crowded, but at least I will be there !!!
    I'm not the kind of guy who wants to see absolutely everything and run from one attraction to another, I'll be happy even I can only do 1 attraction. I just really want to see how it looks. Feel the atmosphere.

• Banned User

Olivier.. do see as many rides as possible though... as there are differences, and even if you have to deal with horrible crowds.. just get there 1 hr before the parks open, and start playing the fastpass game as it will allow you to see as much as possible. Do take time to see the parades and shows.. so you can see how much bigger and expensive they are compared to DLP's... and this is where TDR excells.
    Also, I garranty you will love love love TDSea... atmosphere along, it's Disney's best park.

Thumbs up Re: Will there be loads of people?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Olivier.. do see as many rides as possible though... as there are differences, and even if you have to deal with horrible crowds.. just get there 1 hr before the parks open, and start playing the fastpass game as it will allow you to see as much as possible. Do take time to see the parades and shows.. so you can see how much bigger and expensive they are compared to DLP's... and this is where TDR excells.
    Also, I garranty you will love love love TDSea... atmosphere along, it's Disney's best park.
    I second all of this, actually, but I cannot emphasize my support for the words in bold enough! If you've come all the way from another part of the world to be here and you're not gonna stay for two weeks, beat the obsessive local crowds who go all the time (certainly I'm not talking about myself...no, no). On a TDL day, I'd recommend even two hours or ninety minutes early, as Monsters Inc. is still a rush in the mornings. On a TDS day, be there early, be willing to line up and wait to see Big Band Beat (if only to see that gorgeous theater!), and give yourself time to meander around its gorgeous landscape. Also, if you're going on a Sunday or Monday and you want company, let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast