Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Loves Mickey!

DisneySea Halloween!

So the first information of DisneySea Halloween has been released along with a picture!! It looks like the theme will be an exotic gorgeous Halloween and there will be special fireworks, a more international based Halloween, special menu's (of course!), atmosphere characters, and a 25 minute show called Mysterious Masquerade! Mysterious Masquerade is about characters who are invited to a dance party and turned into ghosts! There will be another event that sounds like a street performance (greeting?) called masquerade dance where you can dance with the characters. The fireworks will be called Night High Halloween and will use search lights with the fireworks. I'm so excited about this!!

This is the article but it's all in Japanese.
    News article

Released photo!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: DisneySea Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    I'm so excited about this!!
    Me, too! THANK YOU!!!

Here's a translation, via Excite (with mild editing^^):

It has been decided that "Disney Halloween" will open on September 10 as the first-ever park-wide Halloween event in Tokyo DisneySea!!! A special menu will be offered at Tokyo DisneySea's Hotel Miracosta until November 3.

The motif features pumpkins, candles, and cobwebs. "Exotic Gorgeous Halloween" is the theme for the event, and Cast Members will wear Venetian masks as they come and go around the park. In a special show called "Mysterious Masquerade", Mickey and Minnie Mouse are invited to a masked dance party. The story is staged for about 25 minutes as party guests are transmogrified into ghosts one after another. Plus, "Night High Halloween" will light up the night sky with colorful fireworks and searchlights. Guests can also enjoy a second show called "Masquerade Dance" with their favorite characters.

The seasonal menus offered at Miracosta's three fabulous eateries range from Mediterranean flavor at Oceano, Chinese cuisine in Silk Road Garden, and a taste of Italy at BellaVista Lounge. Guests can also order a nonalcoholic cocktail served in a limited edition, Halloween-designed glass to take home! A special napkin clip connected to a masquerade mask will be presented, too, when Guests order lunch or dinner. ( I guess something like the glass in this photo...that looks like a dessert to me, though...and like a cookie, not a napkin?)

"Disney Halloween" has been running strong in Tokyo Disneyland since 1998 [sic], and Oriental Land Company, the group which manages the Tokyo Disney Resort says that it decided to extend the celebration this year to DisneySea. "It is the second most popular [foreign] event in Japan after Christmas, and Guests' demand [for Halloween events] has risen," says a spokesman for OLC. Of course, Halloween events will also still be held by Tokyo Disneyland and the Disney Ambassador Hotel.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-06-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Added translation. Not much that wasn't in Ichigo's original post, but thought some might like to see it just to know that.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Re: DisneySea Halloween!

Thanks for the article, ichigopara! It was a really good find. I remember reading about Halloween coming to DisneySea. Wasn't there a themed area at Cape Cod for the 25th? I can't remember.

I absolutely <3 the Masquerade theme. It's perfect for DisneySea! I can't wait until more information is released around August via the TDR website and the Disney Fan magazine.

• steven.

wow thanks for the update ichigopara! sounds like an awesome event + halloween tokyo disneysea-style, looks so classy, hahaha. love it.

can't wait for your trip report for this year's halloween.
    i miss them...they always make me very hungry. hahaha.
    i've got no strings.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    Thanks for the article, ichigopara! It was a really good find. I remember reading about Halloween coming to DisneySea. Wasn't there a themed area at Cape Cod for the 25th? I can't remember.

I absolutely <3 the Masquerade theme. It's perfect for DisneySea! I can't wait until more information is released around August via the TDR website and the Disney Fan magazine.
    I heard there was a small area in Cape Cod last year, centered around Duffy. I don't know details about last year's little Duffy Halloween event since I had never been to TDR until last November and it was already themed for Christmas. But this is the whole park, and sassy sophisticated DisneySEA style!!!

If the theme had been anything else, I'd've cried. It may be obvious, but it's terrifically satisfying! This will be my first Disney Halloween, and it will be beautiful and cool, not just charming and cute! And at the park I !! I am so excited about this, I might just pass out!!!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh wow! The costumes look fabulous!! This sounds like it will be a bit more adult...well, as adult as Mickey and Minnie can get, LOL. While TDL next door does the cute & fun Halloween, TDS will have the classy and elegant one. They sound very complimentary, and how much fun is that to go to two parks with two different parties going on! I sure wish I could be there. Hopefully there's a CD with the TDS Halloween show & fireworks on it. Also, I'm really curious what Duffy's costume will look like this year...maybe he'll get a few?

I love Disney Seas Halloween! The picts look great, The costumes look great, that food look great!!! I have not yet had the chance to go during it though.

Someday...

• Banned User

This looks like a great event. I am glad TDS is doing something that will appeal to halloween fans this year... and with special entertainement no less.

• You have much to learn...

This looks great- now I will have to figure something out to see if I can make it to TDR for both Halloween and Christmas.

Thanks for the info & quick update on this- I can't wait to get my Disney Fan in the next 2 months to see the merchandise they'll be offering for it as well.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I can't wait...to see the merchandise they'll be offering for it as well.
    IKR! I hope there are tastefully-themed Venetian masks, designed so even guys can wear them. Maybe they'll turn Magellan's wine cellar into an Eyes Wide Shut party!...um...... Yeah...maybe not.^^

Just got off the phone with Guest Relations, and I have some new details!

Here's the rundown on the TWO shows:

Masquerade Dance takes place at Piazza Topolino and is just a "performance" show featuring Mickey and Minnie, dancers and a band in Halloween costumes.

Mysterious Masquerade
    will be performed in Waterfront Park and has a storyline, already described in Ichigo's post, about Mickey and Minnie attending a masquerade ball where the guests become ghosts.

Plus, CMs and characters will be walking around Mediterranean Harbor and American Waterfront in their Venetian attire and masks.

Plus, you can trick-or-treat with CMs in Waterfront Park!

And...there will be a Duffy Greeting around Cape Cod Cook-Off and a special Halloween Character Greeting will temporarily replace Over the Waves at the Dockside Stage!!

AND...the special Halloween fireworks show Night High Halloween will feature Halloween music!!!

I can't wait for this! DisneySea's Halloween is gonna ROCK!!!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-06-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: New details...now the post is actually relevant.^^

• Banned User

I get the feeling the Halloween fireworks show will be done for both parks.... pretty much the same way the current show is seen by guests at both TDL and TDS.

Thanks fot the details DuffyDad. You can trick or treat with CM's. Lol. Shows sound pretty cool.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I get the feeling the Halloween fireworks show will be done for both parks.... pretty much the same way the current show is seen by guests at both TDL and TDS.
    Yeah, I bet you're right. I've never been to Halloween before, so I'm as excited as the first time I ever went to the parks (like that was soooo long ago)! More excited, really, cos I didn't expect to be amazed to be honest. I never would've imagined buying an Annual Passport and outfits for a teddy bear just to carry around in a bag! I've really become infected by the Disney magic! If I stop to think about it too much, I'll snap out of it, and I don't really want that right now.^^

I'm curious - has the Halloween fireworks show always had spooky music?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Hmm...I was browsing a Japanese fansite, and found this image from last year's halloween. It's of the Duffy stuff for sale at that time, and it looks like they brought back the previous year's costume as well as the 2 that came out for the 25th. This makes me wonder if they'll bring back the old ones for this year too, I sure hope so, as it would make my Halloween decorations a lot more fun with Duffy included this year!!

Here's the link. for some reason, I can't link to the photo...

http://www.deepdisney.com/photo/0811...2008112000.htm

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm really looking forward to seeing the TDS offerings too, even though I won't get to go. Everything just sounds like so much fun between the two parks. There will be lots to do and see, plus the different costumes the characters will be wearing. I love Halloween second only to Christmas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast