Thread: All-I-Can-Eat?

• Not here to help

All-I-Can-Eat?

When in themeparks there is one thing I always set aside... the food! I walk fast from one ride to another never minding about the food. A snack here and there leaves me hungry when it is time to go home. I tend to always eat at the Mainstreets of the Disneylands.

Now I wonder...

Is there an all you can eat place at TDL or TDS?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Felice Natale!

Re: All-I-Can-Eat?

There's the US Steamship Company's Sailing Day Buffet in TDS's American Waterfront, if you want something inside the parks.

The Crystal Palace in TDL also offers "buffeteria" style, but I'm not sure if it's all-you-can-eat cos I've never actually been there. Come to think of it, I've never been to Sailing Day Buffet, either, but the website says it's all-you-can-eat.^^

Chef Mickey at the Ambassador and Oceano at Miracosta also offer buffet meals which are all-you-can-eat, but I think have a limited serving time. I've been to Oceano and I think we were allowed to stay for two hours. I don't eat animals, so my choices were limited. Still, the food wasn't bad. Wasn't mind-blowing, but not bad. It's more about the atmosphere than the food itself anyway, I guess.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-06-2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Links to sites.

Oceano has a good buffet. Not to much Japanese food though. Sailing day is my fav.

• Not here to help

Sailing Day it will be
    Thanks guys!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Bring a coat with lots of pockets, or some cargo shorts. That way you can be the guy stuffing rolls & extra food into your clothes to save for dinner, LOL! ;-)

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Bring a coat with lots of pockets, or some cargo shorts. That way you can be the guy stuffing rolls & extra food into your clothes to save for dinner, LOL! ;-)
    I always wear cargo pants. But the stuffing of food... nah. If I was german... perhaps The only thing I want to stuff at the park is me

• Banned User

I recommend the Sailing Day Buffet, but honestly... I did not care much for the choice of food offered there. Also, since there are so many great food options all over TDR, I certainly would discourage anyone from sticking to an all-you-can-eat location. I know that budgets may be a deciding factor about this, but really... there are a lot of great restaurants all over... like Zambini Bros.. Queen of Hearts.. etc etc, that provide great food menus, but also, excellent Disney caliber theming... which makes any time spent there just great and enhances the overall experience.

• Not here to help

The problem I have with "Disneyfood" is that the portions are small. My fellow travelers are of the hungry kind. When at Disney in Japan I tend to walk around hungry how ever I do it.
    At Disneyland we will go to either Grandmas or Queens. I guess it will depend on the crowds.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Sailing day buffet is nice great slices of beef, plus you can have a breakfast buffet in the bellavista lounge mostly americanized food such as pancakes, eggs, potatoes smoked salmon , great pastrys its really fun in the morning to get a table by the window and watch the masses enter TDS. They are off to the races! I believe it was in the mid 20 range for breakfast us dollar.

I had an amazing dinner buffet at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I think it was called Sherwood Garden? The food was excellent and there was a lot of variety. Definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Sailing day buffet is nice great slices of beef, plus you can have a breakfast buffet in the bellavista lounge mostly americanized food such as pancakes, eggs, potatoes smoked salmon , great pastrys its really fun in the morning to get a table by the window and watch the masses enter TDS. They are off to the races! I believe it was in the mid 20 range for breakfast us dollar.
    I'll second these two choices. I especially recommend the Bella Vista breakfast if only to take in what the Japanese regard as an "American" breakfast. Green-pea mousse anyone?

• Resident of the Caldera

When I attended the Disneyana Fan Convention they brought all 200 of us to dinner at the Sailing Day Buffet one evening. I had never been there before because the $35 cost per person seems nutty. Anyway, the food was great: all the sliced steak you can eat! Can't beat that in Japan for $35. Highly recommended. Don't go on the Tower of Terror afterward.

• Banned User

Oh please, DO go on the TOT afterwards.. Feel and see the horror spill in front of you.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Oh please, DO go on the TOT afterwards.. Feel and see the horror spill in front of you.
    Ewww, nasty! It's not the Linda Blair attraction, LOL!

• Banned User

Blair has nothing on Shiriki.