Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Castle Stage Shows

Is there a consistent castle stage show that runs throughout the year like Dreams Within and Starlight Dreams? Or is it just used every so often for different events like Club Monsters Inc, Cool the Heat, and the other shows throughout the years?

• Will return Soon...

Re: Castle Stage Shows

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Is there a consistent castle stage show that runs throughout the year like Dreams Within and Starlight Dreams? Or is it just used every so often for different events like Club Monsters Inc, Cool the Heat, and the other shows throughout the years?
    Its generally for events only like you said. The next being Club Monsters Inc. Not sure if theres one for Halloween, there wasn't last year.

I'm quite amazed at the quality and dedication of dismantling a stage and removing it all as if its never been for a few months then setting up a new one etc.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Both Starlight Dreams and Dreams Within were temporary event shows just for the 25th Anniversary. Castle shows are always staged seasonally, and don't seem to be repeated either in other seasons or annually. (Now that I say that, I think Cool the Heat is annual, but I suspect it's got new music and staging...someone more knowledgeable than me can answer this.^^) When there's not a show running, the stage is gone and Guests can move freely through the Castle, from the courtyard into Fantasyland's plaza. I wonder if there will be castle shows after the new Cinderella attraction opens in 2011? When the stage is set up, the mural walkway through the Castle is not accessible, and I imagine they'll want that to be part of the experience for the new Cinderella walkthru. Hm...

• You have much to learn...

The castle shows always vary from season to season or from one event to the next-so I've never seen a continuous ongoing show there- you get more of the longer running shows in other areas of the park, like Ones Man's Dream II in tomorrowland and Minnie Oh Minnie in New Orleans/Adventureland area.

I've been there for Cinderellabration once & believe they were basically re-doing the same general show each year, but I may be wrong- then they ended that last year. During the Christmas season they've always had some different big elaborate show each year- except for a 2 year period when they had a Twinkle Holiday moment which was a small show & lighting of the castle.

I've never been there for the summer, but shows like Find Stitch & Cool the Heat are more like a parade stop show- I've just seen videos of these on youtube. Halloween seems to have the same basic daytime & slightly different evening parade stop show.

I love the idea of changing the shows continually- it's great for the locals, passholders and frequent visitors, since there's always a constant change and something new for them- but for someone like me, who only gets there every year or two- it's still nice seeing something new, but miss out on a lot since most shows only last a month or two. I love that there is usually a whole new experience and soundrack with the ever changing shows in TDL.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, there aren't any long running Castle shows during the year. There have been some repeats, like Cinderellabration, Cool the Heat, and Blazing Rhythms. However, those only last several years at best and are only performed seasonally as well. I'm also amazed at how much effort and money goes into creating specific show stages in front of the castle for each show, and then being dismantled after a few months. It's something I don't think the stateside parks have the stomach for, to be honest.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Castle Stage Shows

Quote Originally Posted by bigglesworth003 View Post
    I'm quite amazed at the quality and dedication of dismantling a stage and removing it all as if its never been for a few months then setting up a new one etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I'm also amazed at how much effort and money goes into creating specific show stages in front of the castle for each show, and then being dismantled after a few months. It's something I don't think the stateside parks have the stomach for, to be honest.
    Come to think of it...creating new music choreography (including stunts), sometimes even pyrotechnics; not to mention the sets, costumes and training...wow! Yeah... THANK YOU, OLC! Please never stop! This is WHY your attendance is still growing even during an economic downturn!^^

• Banned User

There was only ONE regular castle show that played for several months back in the beginning... "Disneyland is you Land". But quickly disappear from the castle stage and was moved to Showbase theater in Tomorrowland when that venued opened. To this day, Showbase, Polynesian Terrace, Diamond Horseshoe, Plaza stage, and Orleans Theater are the only TDL stages offering regularly scheduled shows.
    The castle forecourt is now reserved only for special event/seasonal shows which on average only last 2-4 months. Also, note the castle does not have a permanent stage like the MK castle has at WDW. Therefore, with everyshow they perform at the castle, a stage has to be built with specifications to the show at hand. Currently, CLUB M Monsters Inc show is being performed thru the end of August.
    Trivia: the biggest stage ever put at the castle forecourt was 2000's Club Disney, which extended all the way to the center of the hub!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Castle Stage Shows

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    To this day, Showbase, Polynesian Terrace, Diamond Horseshoe, Plaza stage, and Orleans Theater are the only TDL stages offering regularly scheduled shows.
    And can I just chime in that the dinner show at Polynesian Terrace is 5,000 kinds of serious fun! We went the first time I ever visited TDL, and although our seat was kinda on the outskirts, two of us (including me) got dragged onto the stage to do hula with the dancers. Fortunately, I don't have the embarrassing pictures because my lazy friends never gave them to me!^^

The castle forecourt is now reserved only for special event/seasonal shows which on average only last 2-4 months. Also, note the castle does not have a permanent stage like the MK castle has at WDW. Therefore, with everyshow they perform at the castle, a stage has to be built with specifications to the show at hand. Currently, CLUB M Monsters Inc show is being performed thru the end of August.
    Trivia: the biggest stage ever put at the castle forecourt was 2000's Club Disney, which extended all the way to the center of the hub!
    I didn't know this about the MK. This detail makes TDR even more enchanting and has convinced me to renew the two-park Annual Passport instead of just getting one for TDS as I was starting to consider...Oh, you evil TDLFAN! Always giving me even more insights to love these parks!

I'll look up "Club Disney" on YouTube when I get home tonight; right now I really ought to get ready for work!^^

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    And can I just chime in that the dinner show at Polynesian Terrace is 5,000 kinds of serious fun! We went the first time I ever visited TDL, and although our seat was kinda on the outskirts, two of us (including me) got dragged onto the stage to do hula with the dancers. Fortunately, I don't have the embarrassing pictures because my lazy friends never gave them to me!
    That's OK. We all have seen your friend's pictures on Facebook.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Castle Stage Shows

That's OK. We all have seen your friend's pictures on Facebook.

• Banned User

I wonder if you would laugh if I posted some of them pictures of you doing the Hula..

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Wink Re: Castle Stage Shows

I wonder if you would laugh if I posted some of them pictures of you doing the Hula..
    .........No.

• Banned User

Also, you can see the various stages and shows built/performed at the castle in the "History of Stage Shows/Parades/Events" 2-dvd set..

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Re: Castle Stage Shows

Also, you can see the various stages and shows built/performed at the castle in the "History of Stage Shows/Parades/Events" 2-dvd set..
    Now that is very cool! I'm guessing it's got no English subtitles, though? Is it still widely available?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Now that is very cool! I'm guessing it's got no English subtitles, though? Is it still widely available?
    They still sell these dvd sets in most places.. especially at TDR and at Shinseido in Ikspiari. No english subtitles or language tracks. This is strictly for the japanese market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast