Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Loves Mickey!

Thumbs up Club Monsters Inc!!

I love this show! Why are there no threads on this?? I even want to see it right now but am recovering from an illness and need to take it easy. It has dancers wearing the Monsters Inc CM costume! How cool is that!? It's a really fun summer show so if you get the chance check it out!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Club Monsters Inc!!

I didn't realize it had already started! I'm looking forward to seeing video and more pictures from it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I have only seen it on youtube, and it looks like a lot of fun. And I like the disco music hehe.

If I was there, I would be shaking my tail!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Surfin the net with Duffy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag39Zi9q5Ps"]YouTube - ????????????????? MIX ??2?? 1/2 "???????!"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZDvGcQPO3w"]YouTube - ????????????????? MIX ??2?? 2/2 "???????!"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M47eNeB4RUg"][/ame]
    Last edited by TravisMT81; 07-17-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

I
    This show totally rocked. I loved loved loved it!!! Winning the seating lotto was totally sweet. Got great pictures but came home to find my computer got fried due to a power surge. So I won't be able to post my pictures of it.
    It was so much fun!!! One of the best castle shows they have done and I loved that they paid tribute to 2000's Club Disney show, which is my all-time favorite TDL show ever!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Travis, thanks for posting the videos! TDLFAN, that's great you won the seating lottery! Also you're endorsement really says something if you have such high praise for it.

I was able to watch the videos, and it's not the same as being there and feeling the energy, fire, water, etc. However, I get the idea, and it's just pure fun energy. There is no pretense about the show, it's just there for a good time. I also like the tributes to Club Disney. I also have to say, I really liked the "reversible" Monster girls, that was a cute idea. Love the Dreamgirls reference! The use of fire & water is great too, because it's already installed for other shows, why not use it all? It's just pretty infectious and fun!

• steven.

yeah this show is so awesome!
    i've been watching the youtube videos all week, hahaha. i love the soundtrack!

i didn't know what to expect at all but it's just so fun, it's hard not to enjoy it. i love the monster girls too, so did my mom. the whole show is so fun + creative. too bad i won't be able to enjoy it in person though.

:/

another great show from the tdl entertainment!
    i've got no strings.

• You have much to learn...

It looks like TDL went all out as usual- but somehow I've enjoyed some of the other shows at the parks better than this one. It was still good, but far from one of my personal favorites-still much better than the shows in WDW.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh yes, I was going to say something about that too. After watching this show, and realizing it's only there for a few months. Why is it that WDW made a huge deal about that awful Stitch show in Tomorrowland as if it was the next big thing? There is just no comparison in the level of energy, cast, and staging. Why couldn't WDW do something like Club M! only with Stitch? Ok, yeah, it probably came down to money, but still, when you compare the entertainment output from TDR and WDW it's kind of pathetic, really. Not to bash WDW yet again, it's always getting it around here, but I can't get over the difference in quality, for something temporary.

• Banned User

OK... History lesson from the old timer here... so pay attention you newbies...

Here is the show that started it all in the mid 90s.. "Roger Rabbit's Dancing Time warp!! A show that put Mickey in Travolat outfit and Minnie wearing the infamous Madonna Blond Ambition bra cups and pony tail... Hmmm..
    It was presented in the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. Mickey's impersonation of MC Hammer was dead ON!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJ7FMCofJg&NR=1]YouTube - RogerRabbit's?Dancin' TimeWarp[/ame]

Then, back in March 1998! "Mickey and Minnie's Super Dance Hits!!" came along. This show was a part of TDL's special event Disco Fever. It was presented in a specially built stage in Tomorrowland. The show lasted only a few weeks before it gave way to TDL's massive 15th anniversary celebration (probably the biggest and most expensive anniversary celebration ever held for any single Disneyland park.)
    Part 1 & 2 of that show:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1WfwZ2rpE&feature=related]YouTube - Mickey&Minnie SuperDance Hits1/2-TokyoDisneyland-March 1,'98[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXu-GzvBaI&feature=related]YouTube - Mickey&Minnie SuperDance Hits2/2-TokyoDisneyland-March 1,'98[/ame]

Then in 2000... POW!!!
    "Club Disney: Super Dancing Mania" started off the new millenium with a musical dance bang!! At the time, and still to this day, this was the biggest castle show ever, with a stage featuring a runway that stretched all the way to the center of the hub!!! But..when you watch these clips, DO NOT BLINK! or you will miss Mickey's surprise entrance, and Mickey doing the Travolta pose, which lasts only a split second..
    And yes.. that is MR. STUD (in black leather jacket) shaking what his mama gave him!! OMG!!!! (TDLFAN takes a moment to scream like a little girl) Mr. STUD had all the girls (and TDLFAN) fainting in the aisles..
    The clips below are the "Disco" and "American oldies" versions of this show. There were the "Mega Beat" version as well. You may be able to hear/recognize some sounds now used in the current Club M show...

TRAVIS!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!! This is the show that dared TDL guests to be "Disney Club believers!!!"

Disco Fever version part 1, 2 and 3!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3AmUWZlkI&feature=related]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY Super Dancin' Mania DISCO FEVER 1/3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYkQPBs788&feature=related]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY Super Dancin' Mania DISCO FEVER 2/3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaa6cvnftX8&feature=related]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY Super Dancin' Mania DISCO FEVER 3/3[/ame]

American Oldies version part 1, 2, and 3!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHimj9LhnHg]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY Super Dancin' Mania AMERICAN OLDIES 1/3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNp7ujQC-E0&feature=related]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY Super Dancin' Mania AMERICAN OLDIES 2/3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvFmua0GoMI&feature=related]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY Super Dancin' Mania AMERICAN OLDIES 3/3[/ame]

Guests even had a chance to dance on this one time special presentation!!!! ParaPara anyone????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ixqJFEAey0&feature=related]YouTube - Chance to Dance -Club Disney Super Dancin' Mania- TDL/2000[/ame]

Sadly, there are no videos on YouTube from the "Mega Beat" version, which IMHO.. was the original and best version of the Club Disney shows.. and then... by summer 2000, Club Disney was.. history

But the spirit of "Club Disney" (and the management that has been there since 2000) did not forget the grasp that year's shows had on guests... and they had no other option than to ...once again in 2007, bring Club Disney (and MR STUD!) back to life on special nights in a slightly different production that included special japanese pop/dance guest stars!! The 2007 clip below pretty much follows the original "mega beat" version from 7 years before.. featuring the mega ParaPara hit, Niko's "Night of Fire". This song along turned TDL into a ParaPara Paradise in the springs of 2000 and again in 2007. It is also worthy to note, TDL's "Club Disney: Super Dancin' Mania: MEGA BEAT" cd became the first TDL cd EVER to break into the top 10 hit list in Japan's music charts!!!!! An accompliment no other Disney park has had the honor to achieve. Here is the clip from 2007!!! Mr Stud is still shaking his backside...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHrp_UjbvM&feature=related]YouTube - Club Disney "Super Dancin' Mania Remix"[/ame]

AS you know.. if you watched the videos posted by Travis up above.. Nights of Fire" is also featured in the Club M show as well.. and used to introduce fire effects that leads to the deluge that becomes the new show.

Club Disney even infitrated Tokyo DisneySEA!! In a totally new production updated to the new generation and featuring a hip hop flavor which.. IMO.. did not meet expectations.. even the ParaPara routine lacked energy...and seemed out of place.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYxRKlXFAOU&feature=related]YouTube - CLUB DISNEY BAYSIDE BEAT RETURNS_1[/ame]

Finally....
    Wanna ParaPara like Mickey Mouse and the pros?? Do the ParaPara!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iIwJdQDcSA&feature=related]YouTube - Night of fire -Para Para-[/ame]

• The Darkness to Light

Why do I have this feeling that the floats Mike and Sully were on will be making another round come the Countdown Party?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for all those video links, TDLFAN. Those are definitely events that I don't think the WDC would produce themselves. I think they would be afraid of them. Club Disney also lasted a whole year, pretty much. It was a HUGE event with 3 stages, like you said. "Mega Beat", "American Oldies", and "Disco Fever". And this was a time when TDL was coming off of several other big events, like the 15th Anniversary, and "Donald's Wacky Kingdom".

I have to say that especially the first video "Roger Rabbit's Dancin' Time Warp" is so crazy and unexpected from a Disney park. It's kind of funny watching it again.

Thanks for posting all of the links to past shows- some I've seen & many of the others I haven't-The music is great from the 2000 show- I love the one with the 50's music even more than the other version.

Yes, there are similarities to the current Club Monsters inc, but there's still a lot missing from the current show from the past ones. I can't quite put my finger on it, I don't know if it's just the music, or the costumes- but still somehow, something puts me off from really liking this show as much as I should & usually I enjoy just about every show TDR does.

But thanks again TDLFAN for the mini history lesson in TDL shows- I go to youtube very little on my own, unless someone posts them here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Yes, there are similarities to the current Club Monsters inc, but there's still a lot missing from the current show from the past ones. I can't quite put my finger on it, I don't know if it's just the music, or the costumes- but still somehow, something puts me off from really liking this show as much as I should & usually I enjoy just about every show TDR does.
    Well.. I can put a finger on it. This Club M is a fun fun show but it does not have the budgets we are used to seeing for castle shows in the past. The cast is small and so is the stage. That alone is not the type of stuff we are used to seeing being done at TDL's castle. But that seems to be the norm lately. Still, I find no fault with the show and the audience totally digs it, considering everyone is getting drenched in the process.

The blasting the audience with water is the one thing I give a thumbs down to TDR for- This seems to be the case each summer now. I know I can't stand the heat & really can't stand my own personal problem of sweating constantly- so just the thought of being drenched with water during a show, may sound refreshing to some, but makes me cringe.

I guess a lot of people like this stuff- I know they must in Florida & California since there are enough of rides that get you wet as it is. I was really turned off when you started getting soaked if you rode in the front of Pirates in Disneyland when they re-designed the boats.

But getting back to the topic, still if the Monsters show is not really my thing, enough of people seem to enjoy it- Yes, the show does look greatly scaled down from the past shows- but is enjoyable in a way too. Still loads better than the typical 15 minute castle show in WDW that lasts for years and years- but I do like the blinking eyes and moving mouths now- even if Mickey does look very strange when his mouth is closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast