Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Bonfire Dance - WE'RE DANCING!!!^^

This show just totally blew my mind! I LOVELOVE it!!! I went last night with Ichigo and fam. We had the best day, and this was a perfect way to finish it! TDS was surprisingly uncrowded, considering it was Marine Day and people were off from work.

I just got called into work early, so I'll have to post more of the report later. For now, here are some wonderful videos of an incredible show:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPi_YCtTQcM"]1 of 3[/ame]
    A night (of attraction?)! Join the game!
    Dancing passion! Ignites the flame!
    Summer’s arriving! The beat is driving!

Hot! Night! Flash! Bright!
    The night the night of the Bonfire Dance tonight!

We’re gonna dance the night away!
    C’mon and dance the night away!
    As the beat will heat the night!
    And the fire burns so bright!
    Catch the rhythm pulsing! (yeah!)
    The energy’s exploding as we daaaaance!
    Let the music start its trance!
    Spread the fever! Here’s your chance!
    C’mon, everybody! Let’s Daaance!
    Let’s Dance…x5

We’re gonna dance the night away!
    C’mon and dance the night away!
    As the beat will heat the night!
    And the fire burns so bright!
    Catch the rhythm pulsing! (yeah!)
    The energy’s exploding as we daaaaance!
    Let the music start its trance!
    Spread the fever! Now’s your chance!
    C’mon, everybody! Let’s Dance! Let’s Dance!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2nqzSA84DU&NR=1"]2 of 3[/ame]
    O-matsuri da! O-matsuri da!
    O-matsuri! O-matsuri! O-matsuri da!

Japanese???

The season filled with fun under the sun is here upon us.
    Enjoying golden rays and summer days are so delirious.

We have the night…til you go dancing.
    We’ll have a soothing breeze and…suit(?) these needs.
    The winds of summer…refreshing mind and soul…

Japanese???

Sore! Sore!
    Hai! Ya! Sho! Maka Sho!
    Hai! Ya! Sho! Maka Sho!
    Ya! Sho! Maka Sho! Ya! Sho! Maka Sho!

Hey-ya! Ho-ya!

…melody.
    To find your special someone at the Bonfire Dance.
    Japanese rap???
    It may be your destiny.
    Now is the time for summer romance.
    Get off your feet and meet a special one!
    …takes five minutes of fun!
    One, two – c’mon, let’s take it higher!
    Everybody dance around the Bonfire!

Feel the beat!
    Feel the night-step!
    In your eyes are hearts of glory. (???)
    Summer nights have a special kind of magic
    That can control you
    On summer nights in Japaaan.

Feel the beat!
    Someone so right!
    On a summer night in Japan.
    …in your eyes!
    Quit being civilized! (???)
    …summer niiights.

Japanese???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz3oC7p6RUU&feature=related"]3 of 3[/ame]
    Sore! Sore! Sore!
    Hai! Hai! Hai!
    Sore! Sore! Sore!
    Hai! Hai! Hai!

Summer night! The time is right!
    There’s magic in the air! (magic in the air)
    The breeze is fresh! The moon is clear!
    We sing & dance without a care!
    Feel the passion and excitement,
    The fever will catch you –
    With a rhythm that fills up your soul…
    WE’RE DANCIN’!!!

Booonfire (???)!
    Sore! Sore! Sore!
    Fight! Fight! Fight!
    To light up the night! (we’re dancin’)
    Booonfire (???)
    Sore! Sore! Sore!
    It really gets hot
    When we light the Bonfire!

Bon! Bon! Bonfire!
    …Higher!
    ???
    ???
    I love you! You love who?!/You love me!
    …beat!

Clap your hands…and BONFIRE!
    Stomp your feet…and BONFIRE!
    Clap your hands…and BONFIRE!
    Stomp your feet…and BONFIRE!

Repeat x4

GENIE: …Music start!

…to light up the night!
    Booonfire…
    Sore! Sore! Sore!
    With a rhythm so hot,
    You won’t wanna stop!
    Booonfire…
    Sore! Sore! Sore!
    …dance, you’ll be caught in the trance!
    Booonfire…
    It really gets hot really gets hot really gets HOT!
    When we light the Bonfiiiiire!
    Let’s daaaaance…

WE’RE DANCIN’!
    WE’RE DANCIN’!
    WE’RE DANCIN’!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-21-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: What I can make out of the lyrics.^^

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Bonfire Dance - WE'RE DANCING!!!^^

Holy HD, man! I've never seen video this clear before from TDS!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• You have much to learn...

Thanks for posting the links to youtube- I never get around to looking up stuff on youtube that much on my own. The show looks pretty good.

• Yo!

Has this show always had this much of a following? In those videos the crowd seemed really, really excited (generally more than usual given the crowds are pretty reserved in Japan), and there were a number of people wearing what looked like homemade shirts. Is this normal for the show?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    Has this show always had this much of a following? In those videos the crowd seemed really, really excited (generally more than usual given the crowds are pretty reserved in Japan), and there were a number of people wearing what looked like homemade shirts. Is this normal for the show?
    Those shirts are actually for sale in TDS for about thirty bucks. From what I've heard, it's been popular since it started two years ago. But, without knowing anything for sure since I wasn't there, I suspect that enthusiasm has grown year by year as fans know the moves and anticipate the chance to sing and dance without a care. It really is a contagious, high-energy atmosphere. Is there a show with this much interaction and energy in another park? I've never seen anything like it at TDR before, although I loved Chip 'N Dale's Cool Service, too! It was fun and high-energy, too, but not like Bonfire. Honestly, I don't find the crowds reserved at all at TDR; it seems to be a "let loose" place for a lot of people.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    This year, they are selling the japanese style bonfire shirts and hair pieces (for girls) at the gift shops. Plus, you can learn the show's dance steps before hand if you click on the flames in the center of the linked page below. There are two videos.. the dance lesson, and a show clip, and by that clip, you can deduct that "Bonfire Dance" is one of the most intense and enegertic shows ever presented in TDR. I can't believe DuffyDad had not seen this before.. as this is one of the best seasonal offerings going at TDS.. now in it's 3rd year. Guests really throw themselves into this show with abandon.
    Clips on this page, but must click onthe flames to see them.

http://dream.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp...ire/index.html

And to answer Duffydad's question... NO, there is no show like it at any of the other 4 Disney resorts on Earth... then again, this is TOKYO Disney Resort.. it is the best at what they do and there is no resort touching it's magnificent entertainment.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    The show looks pretty good.
    Yes, those are great quality HD videos... still, there is no comparison to the level of energy and the intoxicating atmosphere of the show when you watch it live. Reason why DuffyDad is still hyperventilating as I type. With this 3rd year engagement of Bonfire and an ultra cool night castle show next door at TDL, TDR once again establishes itself as the one resort to beat during the summer time. With DLR's current summer line up being a decent option due to the few enhancements they have made to their decades' old entertainment. HKDL's Stitch Dance Bash at HKDL was also lots of fun and a very simple affair. WDW and DLP's entertainment is simply laughable. They are so minimal and so amateurish when compared to Tokyo, HK and CA... really sad summer for those guests at those resorts me think..

• The Darkness to Light

Thanks for the link TDLFAN! I like the design of the fan. I copied the image into my artist refferance file.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The only event that TDR has produced that seemed to be similar in tone and energy to "Bonfire Dance" was "Blazing Rhythms" at TDL. That show had a Latin theme, but was also a summertime event with dancing, fire, and high energy. It ran for 3 years.

Blazing Rhythms was ok too- I like Bonfire better though. I've never seen these in person, just links on this site. I can just imagine how much hotter it is around the stages since, from what I've heard, it's sweltering to begin with in the summer months in Japan-and with all those flames shooting around the stage- it must be even hotter. I'd love to experience some of these shows myself in the future, but I really can't take the heat at all!! I begin sweating away when it reaches 70 degrees (Gurgi can agree with me on that one)

So I plan my trips during the cooler & less crowded times when I won't melt away like the Wicked witch of the west!!

Thanks again DuffyDad for posting the links- it's with your & others efforts at micechat that bring the magic to our homes as well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    The only event that TDR has produced that seemed to be similar in tone and energy to "Bonfire Dance" was "Blazing Rhythms" at TDL. That show had a Latin theme, but was also a summertime event with dancing, fire, and high energy. It ran for 3 years.
    Actually, Blazing Rhythms had FOUR distinctive acts in it.. european, latin, asian, and african, whereas "Bonfire" is distictively asian with a dash of middle eastern in it.. and lots of pop.. Bonfire, to me, has a level of drama and energy that even "Rhythms" did not achieve. However, no denying both of those shows go down in TDS' history as the best of the park's special events. I mean.. does anyone remember Disneytainment's 2 shows? I rest my case.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Actually, Blazing Rhythms had FOUR distinctive acts in it.. european, latin, asian, and african, whereas "Bonfire" is distictively asian with a dash of middle eastern in it.. and lots of pop.. Bonfire, to me, has a level of drama and energy that even "Rhythms" did not achieve. However, no denying both of those shows go down in TDS' history as the best of the park's special events. I mean.. does anyone remember Disneytainment's 2 shows? I rest my case.
    You mean "Rhythms of the World"? That one had four sections representing different countries. I'm talking about "Blazing Rhythms" over at Tokyo Disneyland. The summer show that debuted as part of the 20th Anniversary. It had floats with fire, and then they all stopped around the hub for a show where the audience was encouraged to conga along with the dancers. Mickey was on stage in front of the castle too. I love the soundtrack for that show.

• Banned User

You are totally correct.. MY bad. Blazing was a fun show as well... reason why it was done for three years. And you are correct, it did have a latin/Rio feel to it.

Getting back again to Rhythms of the World- I did see that one & wasn't too crazy about it- it was fun, but not really that memorable. I've only seen one video a while back of Blazing Rhythms and don't really remember too much about it- but Bonfire is very appealing and fun- even if I'm not a big Genie fan.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I thought Rhythms of the World would have been a perfect fit at EPCOT, but of course that was just a hope of mine. I knew WDW would never bother with a show like that. Still, it actually seems more appropriate there than at TDS.

Bonfire Dance is a great looking show, and another one of those cultural shows that gives a little love to the Japanese audience. It's just one of those things only done at TDR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast