Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• Resident of the Caldera

An Official Halloween 2009 Thread

Thought I might as well start an official 2009 Halloween thread.

Looking at the Disney at Home site (Resortathome.com)
    I found that there are separate Halloween albums planned for both Tokyo Disneyland AND DisneySea:

Disneyland album link:
    Tokyo Disneyland Disney's Halloween 2009 CD

DisneySea album link:
    TDS Disney's Halloween 2009 CD

From this we can deduce that there will be substantial Halloween entertainment offerings at DisneySea, probably a parade and perhaps a show as well.

Sounds good!

In another thread someone mentioned that there's a Halloween page up on the Tokyo Disney Resort website. Can someone provide a link?

• Banned User

Re: An Official Halloween 2009 Thread

Someone already discussed the entertainment for TDS' venetian style masquerade halloween.. it will have a show and fireworks.. and some other things.. so yes, I am glad to see a CD is on it's way.. and if the TDL Halloween cd has the "2009" attached to it... then yes, I expect it to be totally new from the previous year.

• You have much to learn...

From past years, they always seem to change the music and entertainment offerings.

I'm really looking forward to it this year if I can just decide on a damn travel date & book some reservations- especially since flights look like they are down about $250 from what it usually costs me to travel to Japan.

Thanks for the links from resortathome, I haven't checked them since their site has been down for a while- Now I'm really looking forward to the cover art.

That is really one of the great things about Halloween there- I love the detailed artwork they have for the events each year & how it flows well with the theme & merchandise offerings at the parks. I love this about Christmas as well, but I'll save that for when we start a Christmas thread since I always seem to drift off topic.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Here's the official page. Mind you, it's just a placeholder with basic info like what kind of costumes are acceptable for guests and such. There are no park specific details yet...

“Œ‹žƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒŠƒ]ーƒg:“Œ‹žƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒ‰ƒ“ƒh:ƒfƒBƒYƒjー・ƒnƒƒEƒBーƒ“

Yeah, TDS is going to have a small stage show in Waterfront Park, and also a small procession in Mediterranean Harbor. The show is called "Mysterious Masquerade" and they will have a Halloween soundtrack to the shared park fireworks. I hope all of that appears on the new CD's. I'm looking forward to seeing the cover art too.

Actually, they seem to have the logo for the TDS Halloween event, and its' kind of classy. It reminds me a lot of the Dramatic DisneySea logo they had a few years ago.
    Last edited by gurgi; 07-22-2009 at 12:59 PM.

• Loves Mickey!

I've heard from a few different people that it will be villains themed again at TDL this year but I don't know if it's true and I would hope if they go with the theme that they change up the floats and music. It could mean though that TDS would be getting that much more budget which would make me happy.

For the TDS halloween someone was saying that the kids summer adventure was being used to test for a float route for TDS Halloween. It's supposed to be a short route though so I wonder if it's like a greeting float or like for the monsters inc where it brings in the characters for the show. Can't wait for more info to come out!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Here's the official page. Mind you, it's just a placeholder with basic info like what kind of costumes are acceptable for guests and such. There are no park specific details yet...

“Œ‹žƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒŠƒ]ーƒg:“Œ‹žƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒ‰ƒ“ƒh:ƒfƒBƒYƒjー・ƒnƒƒEƒBーƒ“

Yeah, TDS is going to have a small stage show in Waterfront Park, and also a small procession in Mediterranean Harbor. The show is called "Mysterious Masquerade" and they will have a Halloween soundtrack to the shared park fireworks. I hope all of that appears on the new CD's. I'm looking forward to seeing the cover art too.

Actually, they seem to have the logo for the TDS Halloween event, and its' kind of classy. It reminds me a lot of the Dramatic DisneySea logo they had a few years ago.
    That is a classy logo. Then again... TDS *IS* a class act throught and throught. I also found it interesting the Halloween event this year will last until NOVEMBER 3rd.

I was curious about the running dates as well- especially since they postponned the start date of the Christmas events till 11/10- I don't know the whole history behind them, but usually they began on 11/7.

I assume the reasoning behind all of this is the fact that Halloween falls on Saturday this year & also the 7th is also on a Saturday the following week-so I'm sure this is a main factor since they most likely don't want to end or begin a promotion on a busy weekend. The OLC most likely doesn't want the start of it's Christmas Programs on a Saturday when the parks will be busier than a weekday.

I looked again at the logo & it is very stylish, which is what you expect from TDR, but did notice the date as well- I originally thought it was running till 11/2, but it does say 11/3, which seems to be more on track to what I said above- The Christmas programs usually began 7 days after Halloween ended- to give them time for the changeover.

• Loves Mickey!

The DisneyFan magazine for this month confirmed the villains theme for the TDL Halloween in the section that talks about what will be in the next issue. Can't wait to see the merchandise for the TDS Halloween!

I got my Disney Fan as well yesterday & although I can't read a word of it, there are 2 small pictures of some of the artwork that I assume will be used in this years event on the second to last page- I'm at work now & don't have it with me at the moment- but in one of the shots, Mickey & Minnie are dressed as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell- the picures were so small but I think both Donald and Pluto were ghosts, unless Pluto was suppesed to be Zero- I couldn't tell & Stitch was flying overhead as Maleficent.

The second photo was really elaborate- I couldn't make out what Mickey was dressed as, but it looked like Minnie had a Witches costume-

I assume these are current, but you can never tell with Disney Fan, since they sometimes use the previous years photos- but don't recall seeing these before.

• Banned User

I will be very disappointed if OLC sticks it to them guests with a repeat of the same halloween costumes/parades from last year. This is probably TDL's most popular event and should be fresh and new every year... as it has been.
    I will buy my Disney Magazine when I get back to Japan after the weekend.. we'll see.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: An Official Halloween 2009 Thread

It may be disappointing for those of you who went last year, and I do honestly hope the parades/shows/costumes are new, but I'm so excited my friend was right about the VILLAINS theme! I was really disappointed I'd missed it last year and I feel very lucky to have the chance to see it this year, along with DisneySea! Aaahh! I'm so happy about September. I'd honestly take time off from work on the cosplay days if I could afford it!^^

• Resident of the Caldera

Instead of increasing the overall budget, OLC might have decided to spend part of the budget on the offerings at DisneySea by spending less at Tokyo Disneyland. Time will tell.

I'll be there from Oct.5 to the 10th, staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. While I paid $1500 for my plane ticket this past April, the same ticket now costs only $1046. That sucks! United is happy to offer me a voucher for the difference ... AFTER they deduct a $250 change fee!

I'm looking forward to my trip, and if anyone wants to meet up, just let me know.

• i heart plunging v-necks

I'll be there during the week leading up to Halloween. How are the crowds at both parks during this timeframe? I'm ecstatic about my first visit to TDR!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

I'm just about ready to book as well- but will be there the week before Fukai- from roughly around 9/28 thru 10/4- possibly at the Hilton as well.

I was also wondering if there were any holidays in Japan during that week- I don't believe there is & am hoping that it won't be too crazy that week either.

I'm hoping to have plans set by the weekend.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I got my Disney Fan as well yesterday & although I can't read a word of it, there are 2 small pictures of some of the artwork that I assume will be used in this years event on the second to last page- I'm at work now & don't have it with me at the moment- but in one of the shots, Mickey & Minnie are dressed as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell- the picures were so small but I think both Donald and Pluto were ghosts, unless Pluto was suppesed to be Zero- I couldn't tell & Stitch was flying overhead as Maleficent.

The second photo was really elaborate- I couldn't make out what Mickey was dressed as, but it looked like Minnie had a Witches costume-

I assume these are current, but you can never tell with Disney Fan, since they sometimes use the previous years photos- but don't recall seeing these before.
    I just got this months Disney Fan a few days ago so I'll try my best to clear up a few things. First, these pictures definitely look current. I haven't seen them used for previous Halloween events. At first glance, I assumed they were for the Japan Disney Store because the elaborate picture has the mu-on ghosts in it. I read a little, and it seems that these pictures are for Halloween goods at department stores, shops, and the Disney Store.

The theme for Disneyland, as ichigopara already confirmed, is villains. I don't think there was any information about using the same parade/costumes in the little description except for the usual promotional pictures from last years Halloween.

If I remember correctly, the TDL Halloween event website had more info around the middle of August before the Disney Fan magazine was released. If I'm wrong, we'll be waiting for the next Disney Fan on August 22nd.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast