Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Final year for Candlelight Reflections

I know it's a little early to talk about Christmas events, considering we're all getting excited for the first TDS Halloween. However, I just found this out from a press release listing this years events at both parks. It makes note this this will be the final year for Candlelight Reflections. I wonder if it's because World of Color is coming and they will do something different for the holidays once the fountain show is running?

• Banned User

Re: Final year for Candlelight Reflections

World of Color is coming? Do we know that as fact? But I will be the first one to say.. That if WOC does come to TDS, I wonder how the windy conditions by the bay will affect this show. Something about using water mist screens and fountains as movie screens in windy conditions just doesn't work. Just look at DHS' Fantasmic which suffers from similar weather related problems.

As for Candlelight Reflections, its a cute show but I do not see how WOC would interphere with CR's format. Still the time is right for CP's retirement. Its run its course.

• You have much to learn...

I really like Candlelight Reflections, yet I did hope that they would change it up a little from year to year- not get rid of it-but, if so, they must have a grander Christmas show planned in the future. But that is Disney Sea, they seem to keep shows changing from time to time to keep things exciting, fresh and new.

As far as World of Color, I too was wondering if that rumor was true-I've heard it brought up in these forums, but don't recall hearing it elsewhere- unless we are assuming that the OLC will want as grand a show that they are getting in California.

The one thing that I do recall hearing a while ago, but don't remember actually where I read it- but it had something to do with the infrastructure of TDS- that they planned things years ago while constructing Tokyo Disney sea & have a lot of the hardware already in place- whereas California Adventure, as usual, was put together on the cheap side, with no long foresight into the future. I don't know how true this is about is what is actually built under TDS main lagoon (I only know that the main illusion is that it is only a few feet deep) & if it's as grand a scale as to what they're constructing at California Adventure now.

If they do decide to bring it to Japan, and the framework isn't really in place- I somehow can't see the OLC draining the lagoon for a very long period of time to detract from the show to it's guests on a daily basis.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I know it's a little early to talk about Christmas events, considering we're all getting excited for the first TDS Halloween. However, I just found this out from a press release listing this years events at both parks. It makes note this this will be the final year for Candlelight Reflections. I wonder if it's because World of Color is coming and they will do something different for the holidays once the fountain show is running?
    Do you have a link to the press release?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    If they do decide to bring it to Japan, and the framework isn't really in place- I somehow can't see the OLC draining the lagoon for a very long period of time to detract from the show to it's guests on a daily basis.
    Well.. currently, when the fire bird from BraviSEAmo needs maintenance, they can raise a wall around it and drain the water in that area without sacrifycing the look of the lagoon from the perspective of guests.. Maybe they do do the same.. but who know..

• The Darkness to Light

NOOOOO!! They can't do that!! Now where am I going to find an English version of Welcome To Christmas?! I mean, they still have yet to release that version on CD! And I'm still waiting for it to hit the states!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Zeekslider, I don't know where he got it from, but my friend somehow managed to download an english version of Welcome to Christmas-He may have gotten it from youtube since that is where he first found an english version of it. I know you usually can't download from youtube that easily & I'm by no means a computer wiz, but some of my friends have managed to do it.

I don't know of any official release of an english version.

TDLFAN, I had assumed that there would be necessary to drain part of the lagoon in TDS, I never realized they had actually did this before- but to your knowledg, have they ever drained it fully since it opened? Getting back to DCA- I'm sure you've seen the tons of photos each week on the progress isn California & the stage itself is massive & is basically the entire length of the lagoon. I know when TDS was designed, there was a lot in place in anticipation of future shows there- but I somehow doubt that whatever is in place right now at TDS doesn't match the size as what would be needed for the World of Color & it's taken months for them to build that in California- so I really can't see the OLC doing that since it would take up way too much time & besides, they really do need their own unique shows anyway.

I'm sure that they may have something spectacular in store for next year since there were the rumors about Braviseamo & now Candlelight going away.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, I found the fiscal year schedule for 2009 on Laughingplace. I couldn't find that on OLC's site, but I think that LP's info is always reliable.

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Schedule for Fiscal Year 2009 - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More

• Banned User

If WoC comes to TDS, I just can't see it being nearly as spectacular as DCAs. Why, because you need to make it 360 degrees and no central viewing. There can't be a 380 ft long Water Screen and there can't be a huge grid of water fountains. It will probably just share the same name and theme but the fountains and what not will be totally different. Like TDS will drain the harbor to add a water show that they don't really need.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Well, I found the fiscal year schedule for 2009 on Laughingplace. I couldn't find that on OLC's site, but I think that LP's info is always reliable.
    Yes, that would be the case because some of the staff members on that site are connected to WDC by employment I am told (even thought some of those same people's jobs at Disney are on the chopping block I've heard...) so of course it would be reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313
    I don't know of any official release of an english version.
    Honestly? I do not think there is an english version at all. This song was written specially for this show by japanese composer as far as I know.. so there probably was no need to make it avail in english language? I wonder if those english lyrics are nothing more than a fan's translation of the song, and not an official english version.
    TDLFAN, I had assumed that there would be necessary to drain part of the lagoon in TDS, I never realized they had actually did this before- but to your knowledg, have they ever drained it fully since it opened?
    As far as I know.. I have never seen the lagoon totally drained nor do I know of such case. Besides.. it would require massive damnning of the waterways leading to American Harbor and Mysterious Island.. As you know, the lagoon IS A PART of the water system/canal that circles around the many porst of TDS. I do not know how OLC would deal with this or whether the lagoon has been designed for that type of "section sealing/isolation". I have seen the area around the Firebird walled up, though.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Yes, that would be the case because some of the staff members on that site are connected to WDC by employment I am told (even thought some of those same people's jobs at Disney are on the chopping block I've heard...) so of course it would be reliable.

Honestly? I do not think there is an english version at all. This song was written specially for this show by japanese composer as far as I know.. so there probably was no need to make it avail in english language? I wonder if those english lyrics are nothing more than a fan's translation of the song, and not an official english version.

As far as I know.. I have never seen the lagoon totally drained nor do I know of such case. Besides.. it would require massive damnning of the waterways leading to American Harbor and Mysterious Island.. As you know, the lagoon IS A PART of the water system/canal that circles around the many porst of TDS. I do not know how OLC would deal with this or whether the lagoon has been designed for that type of "section sealing/isolation". I have seen the area around the Firebird walled up, though.
    It's true, there are so many more logistical issues to work out for TDS's lagoon. There is also the Transit Steamer, which uses the waterways around the park. If they do decide to have World of Color, I'm curious how they'll install it and how it will affect everything around it. So far, all I've heard is that OLC wants it, but there is no press release or official statement about it.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    There's a English studio version of the song that is played after the show when the tree barge is fully lit in the harbor, from what video I've seen. The reason I know it isn't fan translated or some fan dub attempt is because you can still hear the ambiant noise of the park as well as the track echoing through the area similar to those videos shot nowhere near a speaker.

The first time I saw it was, I believe, on Resortathome.com, but the best quality of the recording (i.e. with minimal crowd noise) has to go to a video I found from Joe's YouTube page when I was looking through his friendlist's video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTzZ63JstE&feature=related"]YouTube - Candlelight Reflections English ver. at Tokyo Disney Sea[/ame]
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

This is the youtube version I was speaking about- thanks for posting it here Zeek.

If somhow it is a fan made version- you would never know it. I'ts pretty damn good if it is.

It sounds like it's the same girl singing it to me. I assume they did record an english version of it at the time they recorded the original- but obviously was never officially released.

I don't know if TDR does this, but could it have been possible that at one time, for whatever reason, used the english version during a performance? I'm speaking about times like private showings to possibly Disney officials visiting the parks from the US- or for a special event where they may have had many english speaking guests attending.

I know from other parks around the world have specific french, english, spanish, etc performances at specific times. I know they have never done this anytime I've been in TDR. I've just experienced the usual Japanese/English versions mixed together during the shows and parades- but that is standard.

Just another thought on the World of Color- if somehow they do decide to do it-Gurgi is right about the infrastructure. As far as I know, it's not very deep- I don't remember the exact depth, but I believe it's somewhere between 4 and 6 feet deep to begin with.

Obviously several effects and equipment are in place already, from what is used in current shows like Braviseamo. I know from what I've been reading about the construction at DCA that the platform is designed to be raised above water level for maintenance and lowered during the day before the show and can be adjusted accordingly so that the water jets are hidden during the day, but raised for the show.

This is the only main show in DCA waterfront- there's no boats, barges, etc during the day. TDS has daytime shows utilizing boats and barges. And they do have the Gondolas and Transit Steamers used normally outside of showtimes.

I assume they would design more floating platforms or barges that would have to be brought out from backstage before the performance- It would be a nightmare if they had to go back into the lagoon and redesign it and have to install tons of equipment to be used during that type of show.

I'm sure the World of Color, from what I've been hearing and seeing, looks to be incredible & they really do need this in DCA. It's about time they are putting money into building something spectacular there.

I'm sure the OLC can come up with some other equally spectacular show on their own, without having to copy what DCA is getting. I think it's bad enough that they are bringing Turtle Talk, Toy Story Mania and Philharmagic to TDR when they can do so much better than that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    There's a English studio version of the song that is played after the show when the tree barge is fully lit in the harbor, from what video I've seen. The reason I know it isn't fan translated or some fan dub attempt is because you can still hear the ambiant noise of the park as well as the track echoing through the area similar to those videos shot nowhere near a speaker.

The first time I saw it was, I believe, on Resortathome.com, but the best quality of the recording (i.e. with minimal crowd noise) has to go to a video I found from Joe's YouTube page when I was looking through his friendlist's video.

YouTube - Candlelight Reflections English ver. at Tokyo Disney Sea
    Why thank you Zeek, I guess I never paid attention since after the show ends, I have to run to catch my train back to Narita...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast