•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

cirque de soleil Zed??

I didnt get to go check ZED out while i was at the resort but does anyone know how its doing? Is it profitable, well attended? The prices were pretty expensive for it. Do the Japanese have a joy for cirque de soleil as much as the tourists in vegas. Vegas has 6. I am curious how Zed has been received.

• Loves Mickey!

Re: cirque de soleil Zed??

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I didnt get to go check ZED out while i was at the resort but does anyone know how its doing? Is it profitable, well attended? The prices were pretty expensive for it. Do the Japanese have a joy for cirque de soleil as much as the tourists in vegas. Vegas has 6. I am curious how Zed has been received.
    Unfortunately maybe not that good. It's a great show but attendance has been low. To give you an idea it is summer vacation and seat availability is wide open and they will probably be giving tickets to friends and family again to fill seats. I hope they can find a way to drive attendance but I have no clue how they will do this.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

would this be the first time they have to close a permanent cirque show if they do.. .The only show I know that really is bad in vegas is The new kriss angel one... Its horrendous!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

I also think the prices were way to high like 150 dollars for a seat I can buy a 4 day resort pass for that.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I attended the show back in May and while I rate it highly, truth must be said it was only 50% full. I think the problem is that most Resident Cirque du Soleil shows are located in tourist destinations where these shows can perform to new crowds every night of the week. Tokyo is not a purpose built tourist destination like Vegas and most folks come to town either on stopovers, tours or business trips. Sadly there itinary's are already filled most of the time, so that only leaves the locals to support the show. Seeing that Zed is going to be around for a good number of years to come, I think a lot of locals don't see a reason in seeing it straight away, might as well wait and get your tickets comp. I think the suscess to the show is to try and promote the show more to overseas or out of town visitors who are in town for a few days, instead of the current drive to attract locals.