Please tell me about character meals

Hi,

Can some please list the character meals for me? Where, which characters, type of food, roughly the price and times etc.

Thank you

Re: Please tell me about character meals

Last summer, here is a summary of my character meal experience.

I believe there is only one character meal at Chef Mickey's at the Ambassador hotel. It was okay with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy. They were all dressed in 50s diner-type outfits. It was a perfectly fine character meal.

However, inside the parks, we also went the Toy Story Dinner show at the Diamond Horseshoe Review. It was great. You have to go there and make a reservation earlier in the day, but the show was great and a lot of fun.

Also, the Donald Boat Builder Show at TDS is also great. Here, you do not need to make a reservation. You simply show up, order your food and then grab a seat. The show starts every 15 minutes. There were two shows: one with Chip, Dale and Donald; and a second with Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

Personally, I found these show experiences + a meal, a better experience than the traditional character meals found at the US parks.

Don't worry about the language. Once the show gets going, you don't even notice it in Japanese.

Hi,

So are there only these three? I am not really into Toy Story and I thinK Donald ios closed when I am there Feb 16th - 19th Not into princess but am looking for a meal or two i can do for my birthday, how much roughly was it for an adult? I like seeing the characters in different costumes too!

Many thanks
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2006 - Tokyo Disneyland/sea
    2007 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2008 - Hong kong Disneyland x2
    2009 - Hong Kong Disneyland x2
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

There is also a Polynesian themed dinner/lunch show at TDL in Adventureland with Mickey, Minnie, Lilo and Stitch. And, there is also Pecos Goofy in Westernland. Other than these, I do not know of any other character type meals at the parks.

I honestly don't remember how expensive these meals were. Honestly, after days of paying Tokyo prices and Disney prices, you get a little immune. I'd guess something like $20-$30 per person for the dinner show and $30-$40 for the character mean. Very rough guess.

You should check into the Queen of Hearts in Fantasyland too. It's buffet-style, but the theme-ing is first rate. I remember a heart shaped salisbury steak and an unbirthday cake. No characters here, but the decorations are clever.

• Loves Mickey!

Horizon Bay has character dining that you do not need to make reservations for and the costumes are unique to that restaurant.

• You have much to learn...

Thanks Ichigopara, I was going to post this the other day, but coulen't remember the name of the restaurant- From what I remember about this restaurant is that you can eat on either side- one is just for the food & the other area is specifically for the character dining- I don't remember prices, but I do recall that you are charged higher prices for the character dining.

• Banned User

SKIP! SKIP! all character meals. They are overpriced and the food is not that plentiful in terms of what your taste buds can enjoy.. as it is very minded for the japanese guests. Instead, I would go expplore some of the restaurants of the parks... where the theming and atmospheres are great and the food is also nice to enjoy, if at times, a bit small in portion sizes... I would try Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall, almost any restaurant at TDSea offers great theming and food... If eating without limits is your thing (like it is for most of Americans, and why obesity is rampant in this country) then go to the Sailing Day Buffet at TDS.
    Point is.. character meals are overpriced since you pay for the paycheck that goes to cover the performers in character costumes while you eat... and not necesarily for the quality of the food.

Thanks for all your answers, the Boatbuilders sounds really good for our family. We'll be doing a couple of character meals with our boys as I know they'll love meeting the characters and I don't fancy waiting in line for an hour just to have their pic taken with Mickey!
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW