Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Membre

Re: Back from Tokyo!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I think you will like Disneyland in California if and when you come.
    I can't wait!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Each resort has something awesome to offer, in Paris and Anaheim it's our Disneyland parks not their ugly stepsisters.

Tokyo has got DisneySEA and Orlando has Animal Kingdom (and World Showcase).

You will think Los Angeles is cosmopolitan but a little tacky. You will find Central Florida to be ghastly, and get a bad impression of America if it's the only place you go in the US. At least in California there are places to steer you to that have some of the level of culture and refinement you expect as a French Conaisseur.

• Membre

I've only been to NYC and Chicago (and Niagara Falls too ), and just have wonderful impressions of America. I will visit Florida and California in the near future I hope.

• Pongo is my hero.

I hope you come to WDW. DAK's sorta like our TDS if you like animals and a natural feel. Loved your TDS photos and your detailed explanations. Great trip report! Where did you stay in TDR? And was language a problem? I'm curious :P

one hundred and one

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Where did you stay in TDR? And was language a problem? I'm curious :P
    We didn't stay on site, we went back to Shinjuku after TDL night parade. My friend is not really a Disney fan, so I thought that 2 full Disney days might too much for him. I want to go the Hotel Miracosta next time!!!
    Language was not a problem as I speak some japanese (intermediate level), I was surprised as a lot of Japanese talked to me directly in japanese (I don't think I look much Japanese...especially with my camera in one hand, and my city guide book in the other hand ), That was great to me as my japanese skills improved a lot.
    I guess it's OK in Tokyo Disney Resort and other major tourism spots, however I think language barrier can be a problem in Japan.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Anata wa nihongo o hanashimasuka? C'est si bon, je n'avais aucun'idee.

You visited both parks in one day? Didn't go back on your own for a second day?

That's a long way to travel to only spend one day in the parks. How long were you in Japan?

• Minion

Since Olivier was able to catch BraviSEAmo and the nighttime parade at Tokyo Disneyland, I'm guessing that he spent one whole day at the resort and then left on the second night a few hours before closing.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

First of all are we betting dollars, euros or yen

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing.

You will think Los Angeles is cosmopolitan but a little tacky. You will find Central Florida to be ghastly, and get a bad impression of America if it's the only place you go in the US. At least in California there are places to steer you to that have some of the level of culture and refinement you expect as a French Conaisseur.
    Agreed, Central Florida is a city where you will definately find little culture and would put a bad impression on America.

I am curious to know, when there are signs in DLR, english writing is in big letters, but Japanease is tiny little letters under that. Wouldn't that be very frustrating for Japanease people? Im a little confused..
    -Tyler

• Membre

Anata wa nihongo o hanashimasuka? C'est si bon, je n'avais aucun'idee.

You visited both parks in one day? Didn't go back on your own for a second day?

That's a long way to travel to only spend one day in the parks. How long were you in Japan?
    はい,日本語を話します。
    No, we spent 2 days at DLR, since hopper passports don't exist in Tokyo, we spent a full day in Disneyland, then the day after in Disneysea. TDR is very close from Tokyo, so it's very easy to go there. If I remember well, there were only 3 stations between Tokyo Central Station to Maihama (TDR station). We stayed 10 days in Japan.

I am curious to know, when there are signs in DLR, english writing is in big letters, but Japanease is tiny little letters under that. Wouldn't that be very frustrating for Japanease people? Im a little confused..
    There are also japanese signs in DLR too? wow, Are there a lot of Japanese tourists there?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post

There are also japanese signs in DLR too? wow, Are there a lot of Japanese tourists there?
    Ahh! I ment to say there are giant english letters in TOKYO DLR, while there are only tiny Japanese letters.
    -Tyler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

There used to be TONS of Japanese tourists here in the 80s and early 90s.

Then they got their fill of the place. Or discovered the value of a local park when the Japanese economy went into a prolonged recession.

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    Ahh! I ment to say there are giant english letters in TOKYO DLR, while there are only tiny Japanese letters.
    Ah. I see. I found that japanese fonts were at the right size, even though my ability to read japanese is, sadly, sometimes miserable. --->c'est moi in front of some kanji...
    I persevere...
    Last edited by Olivier; 10-12-2009 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    I hope you come to WDW. DAK's sorta like our TDS if you like animals and a natural feel. Loved your TDS photos and your detailed explanations. Great trip report! Where did you stay in TDR? And was language a problem? I'm curious :P
    I love Animal Kingdom, but Animal Kingdom is no DisneySea.

There's about 2 billion dollars worth of difference in elaboration and detail between the 2 parks.

Still, for non Magic Kingdoms DAK scores a solid "third place" for me, but well behind the front runners Epcot and DisneySea.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast