Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Country Bear

Popcorn bucket question...

Hello everyone!
    I am new, and though I looked around for a while for any information about my question and didn't find anything, I apologize if it has already been answered somewhere on the forum.

I am going to Disney Sea on Saturday since my boyfriend surprised me with tickets. I haven't gotten the chance to go in a year, due to being busy, etc.

My question is: Can I still use a popcorn bucket that I bought in 2008 to get my refills? Getting popcorn is one of our favorite snacks, and although I'm not opposed to getting a new bucket, I don't want to spend extra money if I already have a perfectly good bucket at home. Also, the bucket was bought at Tokyo Disneyland and I would be using it at SEA. Is that okay?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this thread, and can help me out.
    The dream that you wish will come true!

Re: Popcorn bucket question...

Sure, bring in your old bucket and get it re-filled for 500yen.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Country Bear

JoeInJpn> Thank you so much! I was pretty sure this was the case, but I didn't want to bring the old bucket with me if I ended up having to get a new one. I appreciate it, I didn't think anyone would reply so quickly. Thanks again!

• Adventures with Duffy

What a great suprise. Have fun and enjoy the yummy popcorn.

I still have my popcorn butcket too, but I never bring it due to the fact I barely have any bag space left as it is. have a good trip

• Country Bear

Janell>>
    Thank you! :-D It was a huge surprise, considering my boyfriend isn't really into Disney. (He's still learning. I'll convert him yet.)

DisneySea_Fan>>
    After getting my bucket out from under the sink, I'm actually sitting here and debating just that. I'm thinking this time maybe I'll have to get a collapsible bucket instead. That seems like it would be more practical to have at Sea. At Disneyland, you can get away with a big bulky bucket since most of the rides are pretty tame, but at Sea....

• Banned User

Oh Trixie.. you should see my collection of TDR popcorn buckets. They date back to around the early 90s... I think I have over 75 of them so far and adding more as they come out. They will of course be displayed in the TDLFAN's TDR Museum sometime in the next decade...(assuming many investors are willing to put up the dough to help out?)

• Country Bear

TDLFAN, how I wish I had the space for more popcorn buckets! :-( I am jealous, hohoho... You will have to post some of your pictures! As of now, I only have the 2008 Winnie the Pooh bucket. :-( Mmm honey popcorn...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by trixieintokyo View Post
    TDLFAN, how I wish I had the space for more popcorn buckets! :-( I am jealous, hohoho... You will have to post some of your pictures! As of now, I only have the 2008 Winnie the Pooh bucket. :-( Mmm honey popcorn...
    It so happen that I do not own that popcorn bucket. You see.. I only collect special event or anniversary buckets... but not the generic character ones, albeit, there is a new Minnie bucket at TDS and a Mickey bucket at TDL that are really nice, and with very nice lids on the top.

• Country Bear

It so happen that I do not own that popcorn bucket. You see.. I only collect special event or anniversary buckets... but not the generic character ones, albeit, there is a new Minnie bucket at TDS and a Mickey bucket at TDL that are really nice, and with very nice lids on the top.
    Wow, you really do have a nice and rare collection, then, I bet. That's pretty amazing! Have you bought any of the fold up buckets, yet? I haven't gotten one, so I was wondering how prone to collapsing at random they are.

Wow, you really do have a nice and rare collection, then, I bet. That's pretty amazing! Have you bought any of the fold up buckets, yet? I haven't gotten one, so I was wondering how prone to collapsing at random they are.
    They're pretty sturdy, actually, and it's kinda nice that you can fully take them apart to clean them. Plus, right, around Tokyo...SPACE!!!

• Resident of the Caldera

There is a genre of popcorn buckets that telescope and collapse: the new bucket for Halloween at DisneySea is like that. Much easier to fit in the luggage. I actually use the buckets to pack a lot of the smaller items I buy inside them, plus a few dirty socks to keep everything from jiggling around. There have been trips when I've filled the entire bucket with underwear and socks.

• Adventures with Duffy

trixieintokyo, your boyfriend will come around. My husband wasn't a Disney fan either, but he saw how happy it makes me to be there. I make sure that we go on rides he really enjoys on our visits to promote the fun of Disney.

Im with Fukai, I liked the telescope pop corn bucket. Easy to pack and I too put smaller items inside the buckets when traveling home.

• Banned User

Have you bought any of the fold up buckets, yet? I haven't gotten one, so I was wondering how prone to collapsing at random they are.
    I have collected all of the collapsible buckets since they were introduced at TDS, which as far as I know, it's the only park that sells them. And no, they do not colllapse because their parts can be screwed on each other. I like them a lot because I can compact them in my bag and presto.

We always brought our old ones back, but then ended up getting a new one anyway. Favorite is the Monsters, Inc. and that yummy soy sauce popcorn!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast