Need Help -- Transporation from Airport

I am lucky enough to be visiting Tokyo Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland the week of 9/14.

What is the best/most cost effective way to get from Narita Airport to the Tokyo Bay Hilton Hotel? My flight arrives late on a Sunday night.

I've been searching the internet and came across this website. But I am still confused (having senior moments) about the transportation.

Can anyone give me some detailed information on what to expect, where to go, and what I should expect to spend?

This will be my first trip ever to the Tokyo Disney Resort.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.
    Best Regards, M

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Need Help -- Transporation from Airport

Welcome to Micechat!

There are several here (like TDLFAN & JoeinJpn) who are very familiar and can give you the in & out of getting to TDR.

Here're the ways that I know about.

* Narita Airport bus (I hope I have the spelling right). It's reasonable (2400 yen) and probably the least hassle.

* Train from Narita to Tokyo station then to Maihama. I've forgotten how much this costs in total, but I'm pretty sure its cheaper than the bus.
    Although the signs are in English, Tokyo station is pretty big and even
    though I speak Japanese (and there is signage on the way), I had a little bit of trouble getting to the correct train platform. (It took me over 30 minutes and I had to ask someone!)

* Taxi (probably the most convenient, but it's a l-o-n-g way from Narita to
    TDR and you'll end up paying $$$).

Have fun in TDR!
    Last edited by nish221; 09-09-2009 at 01:20 PM.

• Just another Disney fan..

There are several options from Narita to your hotel. However, if you arrive after 5 PM the direct bus option is not available.

You can read this recent discussion to learn more about your options.

JR rail between narita and maihama station

Feel free to ask any specific questions that might not be addressed in the link above.

Welcome to MC.

Thank you for the quick replies and great information. I've checked out the links you suggested, and came to the conclusion the train would be too complicated for a senior like me...plus I'm arriving late in the evening.

Does anyone know how late the Airport Bus Service runs?? By the time I clear customs and figure out where the bus desk is, it should be 9:00pm or later....that is of course assuming the plane is on time and not delayed.

I've found bus schedules, but I cannot quite figure out how often they run and from when to when.

Again, thanks in advance for all the help....my best regards, M

• Adventures with Duffy

Im not sure what the last bus is, if I remember right its 5:00 or 6:00pm. But check I could be wrong.

Last Oct, was my first time in Japan, I was arriving alone and had a few bags, one packed with my stuff, one ready for all my shopping. :-) With my bad back, I didn't want to deal with the trains with luggage and I was going to be to late for the limousine bus. Taxi was an option, but I went with tokyoairporter.com and they were very good.

Its a privet car(minivan) where the driver waits with a sign with your name on it at the arrival area after you go through customs and get your luggage. The driver was very nice, spoke very good english, there was only a couple of times in our chat while driving that we had to choose other words to get our thoughts accorded. The drive provide fun facts along the way and what he knew about TDR.

It is a pricey option last year it was 18,000 yen. For me it was worth it, since I missed the limousine bus.

I did use the limousine bus on the trip back to the airport. Its a great service. Driver was very nice, bus was very nice, they took care of loading your bags. We even got picked up at our hotel(Sheraton)

In my travels in Japan, I found people very helpful. If you looked lost and have a map, someone will help you.

I hope you have a wonderful time, you will fall in love with TDR and Japan.
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 09-10-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks to all Mice Chat folks who have so graciously provided me with transportation options. The airporter.com option sounds like it might be my best (although pricey) option. A question about this service though.....do you have to book ahead, or can you engage this service when you get to the Narita Airport?

My travel plans are always tentative at best, since I have elderly parents who might have unexpected health issues. I buy lots of travel insurance!!

I'll be checking out this service. Sure seems like the best option. The train sounds exciting, but not after a long flight and late into the evening.

This is a great website with lots of helpful fans. I muchly appreciate all the input.
    Best Regards, M

• Banned User

you asked for the cheapest way.. here is it*

Take the Keisei Skyliner or Limited Express to Funabashi station. walk 2 minutes to JR Funabashi station. Take Sobu (yellow train) one stop down to Nishi-Funabashi Station. Once there, go to the 3rd level platform and board the Musashino Line bound for Tokyo Station. At this point you are 3 stops away from Maihama station, which is at TDR. Trip time will be about 1 hour and 20 mins, and will cost you just about 900 yen total. (about 1500 if you take the more expensive skyliner from airport to Funabashi.

• Adventures with Duffy

Im not sure you can book airporter.com at the airport. But you may be able to book it last min, like the day you or two before you leave. If this is something you are interested in, email them and see how last min you can book.