Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Journey On!

Halloween Decorations around the Parks!

I went yesterday while the crowds were still thinner to take photos of the Halloween decor. I thought I took 200 or more, but there seem to be 176...some might not have uploaded, but I'm exhausted from an amazing day with Joe, Ichigo (plus son and sis...and later hubby, too). I'll try and check soon. Still, 176 ain't bad!^^ Enjoy!

• Minion

Re: Halloween Decorations around the Parks!

Wow! Those were awesome! Thank you so much for posting them. I can't believe they even repaint the benches and the trashcans!!
    I want my cake back!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for the pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Adventures with Duffy

Those are great. Thank you for posting. Looks like you had a great day. Do guest dress up in their costumes this early in the season? I loved seeing the costumes when I was there. Its nice that TDR allows adults to dress up, wish DLR would. Oh well DLR loss and TDR gain.

• Journey On!

I spent all day at TDS which still doesn't allow costumes. I'm too exhausted to go today, and I'll go to TDS on Sunday. Monday, hopefully I'll finally get to check out the TDL costumes!

I updated my photos page, by the way. There are now 238. The "new" ones show the TDS entryway, so these are not to be missed - I love the theming!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm going through the pictures now, thanks for sharing them. So far, I have to say that I'm loving all of the decorations at TDS. So elegant & classy. The main entrance stuff & things around Mediterranean Harbor make me think "Phantom of the Opera" in a good way.

• Membre

Wonderful pictures!!! thanks DuffyDad!

• Banned User

I have to agree with Gurgy.. the decor at TDS is really lovely. The venetian style halloween theme does play quite nicely...very elegant option for the season...and not scary like it would be at DLP, or HKDL, which singlehandedly has becomes the one DL park with the scariest halloween events of them Disneylands.

Visitied both park last week. Personnally I think although TDS is not as widely decorated as TDS, mainly in the entrance areas and in certain parts of the park, but very well done indeed. Too bad did not have a chance to see the fireworks to see how is it different from the "normal" days.

• You have much to learn...

Thanks for posting all the great shots!!

I'll be seeing them in a few weeks myself- I can't wait.

Thank You DuffyDad for these wonderful photos. i am less than a month away from my visit & your photos are makinging me that much more excited! PLUS, i loved spotting you Duffy in some of the shots. And how cool are the ghosts sitting on the park benches (i am not losing my memory i hope, but i don't remember them from my past halloween visits).

Thanks again for beautiful images!

• Banned User

Don't give Duffydad all the credit. OLC does spend money on their decor, reason why it looks good on pictures, as opposed to the Mk's Orange overload assault on Main Street USA, currently on display in Orlando.

• Journey On!

Wink Re: Halloween Decorations around the Parks!

Quote Originally Posted by black cat View Post
    Thank You DuffyDad for these wonderful photos. i am less than a month away from my visit & your photos are makinging me that much more excited! PLUS, i loved spotting you Duffy in some of the shots. And how cool are the ghosts sitting on the park benches (i am not losing my memory i hope, but i don't remember them from my past halloween visits).

Thanks again for beautiful images!
    My Duffy really is a ham, you know! I'm not sure if one of the ghosts might be new, but a couple of them I definitely remember from my student's photos last year. I still haven't posed with them. Thank goodness there's still a month and a half of Halloween!

I'm glad you guys are digging the photos. I put a lot of effort into them. Thanks for the thanks!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

You know, I've always thought about those ghosts. They wouldn't last one day at the US parks...or even DLP for that matter. To put a decoration out there right in the middle of public access is something only TDR could do. Notice they still look clean and new. The guests are respectful and take photos with them, but don't destroy them. I can't say the same for anything at the other resorts. Those parks have to keep everything behind ropes, or at least an arm's length out of guest's reach. Notice that even on attractions things are set back so guests can't deface or take things. That still hasn't stopped some, but anyway....

I'm just saying that it's a level of detail that I really appreciate, and wish it could be done in the other Disney parks too, but I know it's not likely. I'd love to sit next to a ghost on the carousel or on a park bench!

• Journey On!

Question Re: Halloween Decorations around the Parks!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    You know, I've always thought about those ghosts. They wouldn't last one day at the US parks...or even DLP for that matter. To put a decoration out there right in the middle of public access is something only TDR could do. Notice they still look clean and new. The guests are respectful and take photos with them, but don't destroy them. I can't say the same for anything at the other resorts. Those parks have to keep everything behind ropes, or at least an arm's length out of guest's reach. Notice that even on attractions things are set back so guests can't deface or take things. That still hasn't stopped some, but anyway....

I'm just saying that it's a level of detail that I really appreciate, and wish it could be done in the other Disney parks too, but I know it's not likely. I'd love to sit next to a ghost on the carousel or on a park bench!
    Really?! It's really that bad!? That's just shocking! Why would people do that? I mean, they pay so much to go there...why would they wanna tear up stuff? Maybe I've forgotten what Americans are really like in public spaces, but I really can't imagine we're that bad...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast