Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• pinkninja

Re: Quick Halloween TR

oh man we'll go hitting up both parks on the last 2 days for halloween celebration!! CANNOT WAIT!

question though! can adults wear costumes into the park?
    HARK! in the Park - Disneyland Themed Days
    Follow @HARKinthePark

dollybeast

flickr

twitter

oh hai~~ *face fills with happiness*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesung View Post
    oh man we'll go hitting up both parks on the last 2 days for halloween celebration!! CANNOT WAIT!

question though! can adults wear costumes into the park?
    YES, but they have to be of Disney related nature/characters and must be approved before you can don them in the park. I think you have to go to guest relations for an approval sticker you must wear on your costumes. There are guidelines also.. like no skates, no sharp objects.. etc etc.
    I will also be at TDR from the 28th thru the 30th. Say hello if you see me with a handsome redhead in tow. Honestly.. I am very worried the crowds will be horrible.

• pinkninja

oooh thanks for the heads up about guest relations

i don't think i'll see you as we'll be there nov 2-3....crowds shouldn't be TOO Bad on weekdays? I've no clue, but either way I know my friends and I will be in pure bliss to notice...:P
    HARK! in the Park - Disneyland Themed Days
    Follow @HARKinthePark

dollybeast

flickr

twitter

oh hai~~ *face fills with happiness*

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesung View Post
    oooh thanks for the heads up about guest relations

i don't think i'll see you as we'll be there nov 2-3....crowds shouldn't be TOO Bad on weekdays? I've no clue, but either way I know my friends and I will be in pure bliss to notice...:P

Expect big crowds on both the 2nd and 3rd of November (unless the weather is quite bad) because it`s the end of the Halloween period, people are allowed to wear costumes and Nov. 3 is a national holiday.

Just plan well, get there early and you`ll have a blast!!

• Banned User

I just got back from TDR this evening. Was there and met with Ichigopara for a few short minutes.

BOTH TDL AND TDS were jammed packed this evening, and the After 6pm passport crowd entering TDS was HUGE! Needless to say.. OLC is smiling big as TDS' Halloween is proven to be a winner for them. You can tell the Halloween is coming to an end soon since both parks are doing very healthy business. The wait time for Turtle Talk with Crush was posted at 60 mins and the entire outdoor queue was filled with guests. I skipped it this time.
    There is still a decent amount of halloween merchandise available for sale.. but not too much. Some items are sold out already.
    Anyways... any one planning to visit in the next couple of weeks until the end of halloween... BEWARE! You will be dealing with huge crowds, so arrive at those park very very very very early and play the Fastpass game as soon as you enter the gates. Bon Chance!

• You have much to learn...

The parks were busier on the weekend, than during the week while I was there 9/28-10/4- but many of the days it was raining.

I had met up with both Ichigopara and family & DuffyDad, but one thing had surprised both DuffyDad and me- when we tried to go on Journey to the Center of the Earth around 9pm, they weren't taking any more standby guests- only fastpass, which was gone already. I've heard they have done this with Monsters Inc, but have never seen it done in TDS- we usually do most of the rides in the evenings there with minimal wait times.

I don't do trip reports, since theres not much more to say than others have posted in the past- but even though it rained most of the times I was there, I at least got to experience 2 new rainy day meet & greets- one on the Halloween float with the characters in their Halloween ponchos & the other was to replace Dreamlights- with music and a float I haven't seen before.

We also saw the first performance of ZED on the 1st anniversary & got a 1st birthday golden bookmark for attending as we entered & they had an anniversary red heart balloon drop at the end of the show.

We did manage to see show twice at TDS- once on our first night, thanks again to DuffyDad and Ichigopara who had gotten us great seats in the lottery. If it wasn't for them, I would have had to stand in a crappy spot waaay in the back. We won the lottery ourselves during the week, to be rained out & lost on our last day and watched from the back.

We only got to see the parades at TDL twice- one to film & once to enjoy- the rest of the week was a washout due to rain.
    Last edited by jedimaster7313; 10-23-2009 at 07:39 AM.

• Banned User

I am so sorry to hear that some of your days were washouts. The weather this past week was lovely and sunny. Of course, I am supposed to be there again this week and I expect rain since there is a typhoon south of Japan..

• Banned User

Just got back from TDL. Gorgeous sunny day and in the 70sF. The park ws packed to the gills. Most stand by lines were posted at 90 mins or longer. Got to see the Halloween day and night parades, and they did not disappoint. Not much selection left from the Halloween merchandise.
    Tomorrow..TDS, and a chance of rain forecasted.

• You have much to learn...

Glad you got to see the parades- Was this your first time seeing it this year??

Hope you get nice weather for Mysterious Masquerade & Masquerade Dance at TDS.

• Banned User

That would be the MOUSEquerade dance. Yes, the weather has been great and we have been able to do a lot. This was my first time seeing the parades at TDL and shows at TDS.
    Both parks have been extremely crowded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123