Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Quick Halloween TR

Hi All,
    Just got back from half a day at TDR. As usual, TDR goes all out for halloween. Both parks are nicely decorated. I have to say that TDS' event is very elegant and tasteful. Their merchandise is really nice and the Masquerade show is very very good, with great music in it.
    Over at TDL, the parade is somewhat similar to last year's but has several revisions, new music, new costuming and some new characters added to it as well.. so it is not 100% the same. Both parks were pretty busy.
    Needless to say.. pics and videos are already out there, and I will contribute some TDR Halloween pictures to Micechat's Weekend Update next week. Check it out.

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Quick Halloween TR

Can't wait to see your pictures this weekend! Too bad I don't have time to search for videos, as I have to go to work and shovel popcorn for people who think that Gamer is a good movie.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for that quick trip report. Good to know things at TDL are not quite the same as last year. I look forward to your pictures in the weekend update.

• Membre

Great! Can't wait to see the videos.

• Banned User

Olivier, as a matter of fact, I was thinking about you as I waited to enter the park.. you see, as you will see in my photos, there were a million guests waiting to enter the park 30 minuteds before park opening... which compounds the need to re-emphasize how important it is to arrive there early.. and to re-emphasize what a fluke it was that on the day you visit, there were no crowds, which was honestly...a very rare day at TDL.

• Banned User

Ok.. went back to the parks last night, albeit a little weather situation as it sprinkled a bit from time to time. I have to say that the Halloween event at TDS seems to be pulling in the crowds. I have never seen TDS so crowded on weekdays in september as I have seen the park on my last two visits since Halloween started.
    Got to see the Mysterious Masquerade show last night (lost the lotto for a seat ) I like how the show ties with the Hightower storyline, and how the characters become "possessed" by such artifacts. I found Donald's tribal outfit to be the best of the show... but all in all, costuming and music makes this show a must see.
    TDL next door was also pretty crowded and many people were lined up waiting to see the night time version of the Halloween parade.. Bansai Villains! Of course, they again cancelled the Halloween fireworks show due to "inclement weather". Not that I am expecting much since the pyro at TDL of late is weak, but really! Do they have to cancel when the winds are lite and a slight rainshower comes down?
    Oh well...
    For the benefits of those visiting soon.. a lot of the merchandise for TDS' 8th is still available, and so is a lot of the Halloween stuff for both parks. Unlike WDW, TDR does produce park specific merchandise taylored to each park's unique approach and theme. Reason why I have spend my life savings there this week. ouch!
    I will try to submit photos to this coming weekend update on Micechat... if not, then next week. Watch for that.

TDLFAN - glad to hear there is still merchandise for the TDS 8th birthday available; hope it is still there in 3weeks sorry to hear that the fireworks were cancelled over a little rain, but glad you got the retail therapy you needed to help you heal!

i always look forward to seeing any of your photos from TDL & TDS!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Glad to hear that the first TDS Halloween might be a success based on the crowds! I do see your point about double the merchandise though. Now with both parks in on the events, it's double the expense! But TDS's merchandise looks really really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Ok.. went back to the parks last night, albeit a little weather situation as it sprinkled a bit from time to time. I have to say that the Halloween event at TDS seems to be pulling in the crowds. I have never seen TDS so crowded on weekdays in september as I have seen the park on my last two visits since Halloween started.
    Got to see the Mysterious Masquerade show last night (lost the lotto for a seat ) I like how the show ties with the Hightower storyline, and how the characters become "possessed" by such artifacts. I found Donald's tribal outfit to be the best of the show... but all in all, costuming and music makes this show a must see.
    TDL next door was also pretty crowded and many people were lined up waiting to see the night time version of the Halloween parade.. Bansai Villains! Of course, they again cancelled the Halloween fireworks show due to "inclement weather". Not that I am expecting much since the pyro at TDL of late is weak, but really! Do they have to cancel when the winds are lite and a slight rainshower comes down?
    Oh well...
    For the benefits of those visiting soon.. a lot of the merchandise for TDS' 8th is still available, and so is a lot of the Halloween stuff for both parks. Unlike WDW, TDR does produce park specific merchandise taylored to each park's unique approach and theme. Reason why I have spend my life savings there this week. ouch!
    I will try to submit photos to this coming weekend update on Micechat... if not, then next week. Watch for that.

• Resident of the Caldera

Doubling the amount of merchandise might also be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Once people sense that they can't buy everything because now there's twice as much to buy, they may just give up and buy very little. One possible scenario. Or they might sell twice as much stuff, which is what they're obviously hoping for. In one sense I'm glad to see that DisneySea is doing Halloween, but in another sense I'm not: it's always been a great place to go to when Disneyland gets too busy.

• You have much to learn...

I love the merchandise there to begin with so I know I'll probably be buying more than I could possibly need anyway.

I hope there's enough left for me as well in less than 2 weeks.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Doubling the amount of merchandise might also be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Once people sense that they can't buy everything because now there's twice as much to buy, they may just give up and buy very little. One possible scenario. Or they might sell twice as much stuff, which is what they're obviously hoping for.
    If the Japanese Disney Otakus are anything like the American Disney Collectors, the doubling of event merch isn't going to cause them to buy less. The only thing that would kill this business move is if they keep the event merch after the event is over, which they have NEVER done since I first found out about TDR.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Not that I am expecting much since the pyro at TDL of late is weak, but really! Do they have to cancel when the winds are lite and a slight rainshower comes down?
    Oh well...
    I've seen Night High Halloween twice now and I love this fireworks show! It's really short, but what it does in five minutes is great for me. Like TDLFAN, I am generally unimpressed with TDR fireworks, so I'm really enjoying this one. Honestly, I don't really care that much about nightly fireworks, as it would be impossibly difficult for TDR to compete on a nightly basis with the incredible fireworks spectacles we enjoy all over Japan all summer. I'd rather they continue budgeting for shows, merchandising and park events. Night High Halloween is just right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Glad to hear that the first TDS Halloween might be a success based on the crowds! I do see your point about double the merchandise though. Now with both parks in on the events, it's double the expense! But TDS's merchandise looks really really nice.
    The crowds definitely seem to be there, and yes we're spending money. Fortunately, I'm not as thrilled by TDL's Halloween, so I'm not spending so much there. I want that Dream Key, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    In one sense I'm glad to see that DisneySea is doing Halloween, but in another sense I'm not: it's always been a great place to go to when Disneyland gets too busy.
    Yeah, those days may be over. But it's nice to have the whole resort partying together, like at Christmas. There are, of course, plenty of folks wearing TDL character caps and such in TDS, as always. Recently, though, it seems like there are more Duffys and TDS masks in TDL, too. I this!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    If the Japanese Disney Otakus are anything like the American Disney Collectors, the doubling of event merch isn't going to cause them to buy less. The only thing that would kill this business move is if they keep the event merch after the event is over, which they have NEVER done since I first found out about TDR.
    I agree, and I'm very confident that will NEVER happen!

Night High Halloween features 300 shells in 300 seconds. Just like the regular nightly fireworks show.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Talking Re: Quick Halloween TR

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Night High Halloween features 300 shells in 300 seconds. Just like the regular nightly fireworks show.
    Ok, Mr. Technical^^, but the music makes it! I know you enjoyed it - I saw you!

• You have much to learn...

I've just seen the youtube clip- but I mainly just listened more to the music since I want to be surprised by most of the stuff when I arrive. It's so much better experiencing things in person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast