Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Meet the World - Layout Question

I have been trying to figure this one out for awhile. Since the show was a Carousel-theater type ride, How do you enter the rotating inner core to sit let alone exit? I am truly confused on this. Does anybody have a map/blueprint of it? I never have been to TDL, but I watched the video of the ride online and I tried drawing how it works, but can anybody explain it?

By the way does anybody know what the plans are for the space? It has been closed almost 4 years.

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Meet the World - Layout Question

Edit: Well, I stand corrected.... IMHO TDLFAN is truly an expert on matters TDR.
    I defer to his expertise since I KNOW he's been there.
    Last edited by nish221; 10-12-2005 at 02:13 PM.

• Banned User

Edit: NO Nish221.. you were correct. I WAS WRONG all these years and I have just been corrected myself by the most knowledgeable person I know in regards to TDL. I guess I never paid attention to the floor designs in the building and I saw MTW several times!!! I apologized for my mistake on this topic.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    There have been rumors about a possible Monsters Inc and even Mission Space going into that building but nothing has been formally announced. Seems to me most of the budgeting is going into expanding TDS at this point in time. But something may be announced in time for TDL's 25th anniversary.
    Read the explanation here:
    http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/tomorrow/tommtw.html
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-13-2005 at 10:24 AM.

• Minion

So .. let me see if I understand this correctly. It was the same set-up as WDW's and DL's carousel revolving theaters .. the only difference ... is that there was an "extra" layer (squared off) outer wall. The outer "3rd" section was queue and "preshow" area.

In WDW/DL fashion ... it's the 3rd "layer" stripped away ... so we can see the rotating section from outside.

• Minion FOREVER!

BTW. TDLFAN, what did you think of MtW? From the descriptions, it sounds pretty neat.
    Why was it closed? It should have been good enough to soak up some people on really busy days.

• Banned User

Not sure why it closed other than it being very outdated in terms of look. As for show content.. seems to me that it was a condesending view of Japanese attitudes in regards to their being accepting of other cultures...so it was not really a very popular show towards the end. Last times I rode it, there were fewer than 20 guests in the theater. It was time to close it.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-13-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Ok, So I think from all the information given on this page, other pages, pictures, a video from it. Is this how it works. (Sorry, I only have MSPaint and I'm not very good)

• Banned User

The only thing that is incorrect about the blueprint above is the foyer and exit area. You never exited the theater thru the foyer (or main entry area). The exit occured in theater 4, left back side, to the far front left of the building. The entrance was located to the front right side of the building.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-13-2005 at 10:28 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Now I understand the whole not rotating building (and I am suprised by it having just four acts) but if you came in on the right side (if facing the building's exterior or facing away from the castle)...how did you rotate clockwise and come out by Star Tours, did you take a small hallway or did the theater just dump?
    Secondly, did the whole ride load and unload in the one spot?

Essentially, you entered the first room with the first stage to your right. Watched the show in that room, then moved counter-clockwise to the second and third rooms. After the end of the show in the fourth room, you exited with the last stage on your left. The entrance to the first room and exit from the last room are actually next to each other, just separated by a wall.

• Banned User

I STAND CORRECTED! (I have deleted my previous posts in order NOT to confuse others with my errors) Obviously I was fooled by the way the floors were designed! My friend in Japan who is a very credible and knowledgeable source about TDL has this to say:

From the lobby, you enter the FIRST ROOM. If you look at the floor, you can see the area where the (rotating) audience section section separates from the (permanent) stage/entrance doors section. Guests are seated in about 1 minute but NOT more than 2 minutes. The stage is to the Guests' right. The movie and slide projectors are behind the Guests.

You watch the first segment (with the kids at the beach and up to where the boat crosses from right to left) for about 4 minutes or so. (Ocean waves are projected on the walls as audience section rotates COUNTER CLOCKWISE.)

The next segment (SECOND ROOM)with the visit to China until the Nagasaki Port scene. It lasts 6 minutes. (Willow and cherry blossom trees projected on the walls as audience section rotates.)

Next segment (THIRD ROOM) includes a pair of Japanese animated characters to the start of the Meiji Period. Also 6 minutes. (Images of western influence in Japan followed by animated battle scenes are projected.)

Last segment (FOURTH ROOM) has the kids back on the beach and ends with the AA figures on the hot air balloon. Lasts about 4 minutes.

Guests leave with through doors on the left, opposite the side where they came in. They must exit within 2 minutes before the doors close and the floor begins to move again.

Think of a large octagonal room with long walls (for SECOND and THIRD ROOMS) and short walls (for FIRST and FOURTH ROOMS). The other 4 walls are shortest. These all have emergency doors. One of them has the Guest doors to enter and exit the attraction. See the image I included here.

1 = FIRST ROOM , 2 = SECOND ROOM and so on.
    Blue = permanent stage areas
    Pink = rotating audience area
    (P) and Orange = film and slide projector rooms
    Red = entrance and lobby
    Green = exit hall

WWW.JTCENT.COM (thanks you!) has also provided this design of the MTW floorplan.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...416&p=72987842

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Ah hey that makes more sense...Clockwise with a set up like that made no sense...counter clockwise works great.
    Still odd to just have a few acts though...I mean wow especially since two are cut short for loading and unloading.

• Minion FOREVER!

Yes, That does make more sense.
    Thanks, TDLFAN for getting that clarification!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Still odd to just have a few acts though...I mean wow especially since two are cut short for loading and unloading.
    Trust me. The show was long enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    Thanks, TDLFAN for getting that clarification!
    You are welcomed. I feel so dumb after my initial posts...

Thank you for figuring the whole thing out. I understand how the theater and building works now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast