Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• North American Duffeteer

Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

I might do the same thing if I'm in Tokyo getting my own Duffy.

• Journey On!

Question Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

Quote Originally Posted by radaviga View Post
    Bikinis are best. I will prefer bikinis. I will suggest that before buying bikini first thing keep in mind that the bikini stuff should soft no punching, no cutting your skin. If you are a most like women and you have never really enjoyed shopping for bikini, and then don't feel worry just chooses from bikinis sale .
    What the HUH!?!?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh great, we're getting spam posts now...I hate those!

• Journey On!

Sad Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

FINALLY thought I was ready to post photos. Trying out Kodak Gallery, but it doesn't seem to allow embedding. Crap...
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-09-2009 at 09:30 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Aw, the images are "broken". I can't view them at all.

EDIT: Well, they're "broken" here in the post, but if I open the images up in a new tab/window, I can see them. Cute pictures! I like the "witch" by the door. The vampire teeth make Duffy look vicious! Oh, and is it just me, or do the pumpkin pants look like an orange diaper? They look like that on mine too, LOL!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Speaking of photos, I finally took my own. Yes, it's late, and not Halloween anymore, but here is Duffy among my own Halloween decorations this year.

Flickr: gurgi6176's Photostream

• North American Duffeteer

They all look great.

Thanks, Gurgi.

• Journey On!

Thumbs up Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

I that PUMPKIN!!! Did you carve it? Or is it a prop? It actually didn't occur to me until just now that it might be a lamp or something...

And Duffy has SO many friends! I bet they had fun Halloween parties when you weren't home!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I that PUMPKIN!!! Did you carve it? Or is it a prop? It actually didn't occur to me until just now that it might be a lamp or something...

And Duffy has SO many friends! I bet they had fun Halloween parties when you weren't home!
    You mean the "Mickey" faced one? Yeah, I carved that myself. I had fun doing it too, except for the mushy pumpkin innards...yuck! It's got old fashioned candles inside too. The only thing I would have liked to do is have some kind of "ears" on it, but that was too much. It is the only real pumpkin in the entire patch though.

Yeah, Duffy makes friends fast. Just wait until Christmas! His cousin comes for a visit too. I do wonder if they were the ones eating all the Halloween candy though...

• Banned User

I wish they created a "bad WDW tourist" outfit for Duffy. Bad shorts that ride in the backside's middle, flipflops, bad sport jersey shirts and silly hat. Add british accent for good measure.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I wish they created a "bad WDW tourist" outfit for Duffy. Bad shorts that ride in the backside's middle, flipflops, bad sport jersey shirts and silly hat. Add british accent for good measure.
    LOL, why subject poor Duffy to that? I bet you could find all of that at Build-a-Bear though! Duffy with a wedgie...great, now it's in my head...

• Journey On!

Talking Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Actually, you could get pretty close with the basic Duffy sets. One has a camera and another has a travel bag. No flip-flops, though. You'd have to go to Build-A-Bear for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Duffy with a wedgie...great, now it's in my head...
    Luckily, he doesn't really have "cheeks" so it's anatomically impossible...if that helps.

I'd really like some fashion forward Duffy outfits. Cute is great, but it's been a while since we've seen new releases of well-designed sweaters or coats. I hope the 11/27 release is along these lines.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I'd really like some fashion forward Duffy outfits. Cute is great, but it's been a while since we've seen new releases of well-designed sweaters or coats. I hope the 11/27 release is along these lines.
    Me too. I have to say that even though his costumes this year have been more intricate, and had more pieces than previous sets, they have been a bit "costumey". I was thinking though...I wonder since the release is on 11/27, if they will actually do a Thanksgiving themed costume? I mean, he is tied into Cape Cod, and it's heavily "American". Still, it's not like they actually celebrate that or possibly know what the meaning of that holiday is, unless they were told. I don't know...it was just a though. I would actually prefer a nice "fashionable" coat combo or something instead of, say, a pilgrim outfit though...

• Adventures with Duffy

I like a mix of costumes and fashion forward outfits. Since they seem to do two or more outfits for each holiday. I think it would be cool, to do one costume and out fashion forward. But maybe they think they are, like for the christmas set, the santa suite is a costume and then sweater set is more fashion. Not trendy, at least not trendy here. But then again I live in California where anything goes. lol

I am so looking forward to what they put out next. I have looked back at the years before and I agree, much better stuff is coming out now. I think they are finding out how popular the outfits are and they are a money maker for them. Plus I gather guest really enjoy bring Duffy with them to the parks. I do wonder, do guest take Duffy to just TDS or does he get to enjoy TDL too? :-) I think its wonderful how even adults love Duffy and enjoy him. Disney has always been a place where adults get to be kids, so its very fitting.

• Journey On!

He is getting more and more love at TDL these days, too, but definitely still has an overwhelmingly larger presence in TDS where I'd guess about 20% of Guests have him. Maybe that's high, though, cos I probably notice Duffy way more than other people do.^^ But it really does feel like at least one person in every fifth group has one. And, of course, there are groups where everyone has one. Most of these are not children, but high school or university-age girls. And, yes, lots of twenty-something and middle-aged women. Of course, Duffy is also VERY popular with actual children. I'd actually wager that among children in DisneySEA (who make up a much smaller proportion at TDS than at TDL) that goes up to 60 or even 80%. For kids, I really think it's most of them. And then there are the much rarer twenty-something and older guys like me who are not afraid to admit that we, too, have hearts unimmune to Duffy's irresistible charms. A lot of the guys you think are "carrying him for their girlfriends" are "closet" versions of us, I suspect.^^

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast