Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Wink Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

It was actually quite a lot of work to photograph, edit and create these images, not to mention the translation itself. I'd appreciate these not being redistributed online or anywhere else. Enjoy!^^

Minnie's message says:
    DEAR MICKEY,
    THIS BEAR IS MEANT TO BRING YOU LOTS OF HAPPINESS AND LUCK.
    LOVE,
    Minnie

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    ^^^^
    Very cool DuffyDad!!
    Thanks.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-21-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: JUST saw Ichigo's sweet comment.

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

gurgi, thank you for the info on the NY bears. Funny how Duffy seems to work there but not at the parks? The lavender duffy is cute. I too love lavender. Im amazed at how pricey some of these items are on the second market. I guess its supply and demand. You think Disney would jump in somewhere. lol

Sweet Duffy is adorable! TDS could totally do a Duffy Sweet Shop in Cape Cod. I bet it would go over well. A little off topic, I was at Disney Hollywood Soda Shop last night which is popular with some yummy peppermint milk shakes(good way to start the season lol) Anyhow, I was so disappointed, they were selling the same stuff they sell in the parks. They could have total had some cool stuff, but didn't Anyhow, it TDS has something like this, it would be cute. Oh and maybe have Duffy Waffles. I love Mickey ones, but Duffy would be cute too. I could go on and on. Not sure where they would have room for it or even if they do have room for it. But its a cute idea.

Thanks DuffyDad for sharing the story with the english translation. Both very cute stories. I gather that Duffy is all about love and bring people together. I think he does do that and that is why he is love so much.

My Duffy sits with me at the computer and today he has his (build a bear) Happy Turkey Day t-shirt on with a pair of jeans. Very styling for the holidays.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Wow, they did a lot of CM costumes for Duffy.
    You know what's sad? Duffy wore those costumes much better than the current WDW cast.

• i heart plunging v-necks

My Duffy is spoiled and refuses to wear Build A Bear "rags". He actually commanded me to swipe the sold-out Kitty costume off other Duffys he encountered at TDS.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    My Duffy is spoiled and refuses to wear Build A Bear "rags". He actually commanded me to swipe the sold-out Kitty costume off other Duffys he encountered at TDS.
    I'm actually very happy that Duffy can wear Build-A-Bear and other clothes. Shoes are much sturdier and more detailed and there are more options for outfits that OLC doesn't make. For people wanting to take themed photos, especially in non-Disney locations, the compatibility is great. Not to mention the substantial difference in cost. Without Build-A-Bear I wouldn't have Buzz and Woody costumes for Tomorrowland and Westernland. Some of my "original" outfits like his school uniform and "Aunt Peg's Coddage B&B," too, are altered from Build-A-Bear. Build-A-Bear offers a lot more variety in non-cutesy designs as well. I love OLC's designs, but I appreciate Build-A-Bear, too. I really am gonna post photos someday.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I'm actually very happy that Duffy can wear Build-A-Bear and other clothes. Shoes are much sturdier and more detailed and there are more options for outfits that OLC doesn't make. For people wanting to take themed photos, especially in non-Disney locations, the compatibility is great. Not to mention the substantial difference in cost. Without Build-A-Bear I wouldn't have Buzz and Woody costumes for Tomorrowland and Westernland. Some of my "original" outfits like his school uniform and "Aunt Peg's Coddage B&B," too, are altered from Build-A-Bear. Build-A-Bear offers a lot more variety in non-cutesy designs as well. I love OLC's designs, but I appreciate Build-A-Bear, too. I really am gonna post photos someday.
    I too am glad for the cheaper build a bear clothes. My Duffy mixes and matches with designer(TDS) clothing and discount(BaB) clothing just like I mix my price clothes with more cheaper clothing.

DuffyDad, do you and your Duffy have a favorite Disney character? Or do does Duffy dress for the land he is? My Duffy has a cute Buzz t-shirt he likes to ware. He likes Buzz Lightyear the ride and Toy Story Mania.

Does anyone else dress up their Duffys as characters or have Disney t-shirts?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I too am glad for the cheaper build a bear clothes. My Duffy mixes and matches with designer(TDS) clothing and discount(BaB) clothing just like I mix my price clothes with more cheaper clothing.

DuffyDad, do you and your Duffy have a favorite Disney character? Or do does Duffy dress for the land he is? My Duffy has a cute Buzz t-shirt he likes to ware. He likes Buzz Lightyear the ride and Toy Story Mania.

Does anyone else dress up their Duffys as characters or have Disney t-shirts?
    I've just now got the poseability and all the outfits I need to do photos of Duffy in matching outfits for each Land and Port. Now it's just a matter of taking the photos before my AP expires in less than a month!^^

As far as mix and match clothing, yeah, my Duffy, too, is a fashionista, but with a strong sense of practicality. And GREEDY! If he only got new clothes as OLC releases them, he'd beat me up! (those little plush paws pack a punch when he's angry)^^

• Adventures with Duffy

I've just now got the poseability and all the outfits I need to do photos of Duffy in matching outfits for each Land and Port. Now it's just a matter of taking the photos before my AP expires in less than a month!^^

As far as mix and match clothing, yeah, my Duffy, too, is a fashionista, but with a strong sense of practicality. And GREEDY! If he only got new clothes as OLC releases them, he'd beat me up! (those little plush paws pack a punch when he's angry)^^
    ROFL, those little plush paws pack a punch ROFL. to funny.

That is very cool that you have an outfit for each land and port. I guess if you could take a day in each park, you might get all the photos done. If that is all you did, I wonder if you could get it done in a day? You both may get really tired.

My Duffy has from TDL, a pluto and a donald that have a sting/rope or something on them that allow you to attach them to a bag and have a zipper in the bag. Duffy has taken them as his friends. More his size and they can wrap around his arm. Its cute. So he likes donald and pluto.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Duffydad, thank you for posting both the Valentines and White Day stories! I had no idea they actually did both, but it's so cute, with the role reversal and different artwork. I wish I had gotten on the Duffy bandwagon for Sweet Duffy. I missed out on all of it, oh well.

I think a permanent Duffy Cafe would be a great idea, and they could even put it where they had the temporary one during "Sweet Duffy". Maybe they could do Duffy waffles, or pastries, etc.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Duffydad, thank you for posting both the Valentines and White Day stories! I had no idea they actually did both, but it's so cute, with the role reversal and different artwork. I wish I had gotten on the Duffy bandwagon for Sweet Duffy. I missed out on all of it, oh well.

I think a permanent Duffy Cafe would be a great idea, and they could even put it where they had the temporary one during "Sweet Duffy". Maybe they could do Duffy waffles, or pastries, etc.
    If they were gonna make any further permanent expansions to the character, that's what I'd really like to see. Sweet Duffy was just so in tune with the character, and respected his independence. Plus, it is my favorite of the OLC Costumes to date. I think a permanent Sweet Duffy Cafe could really work.

Also, Ichigo had an interesting idea today... She suggested putting a Duffy show in place of Donald's Boat Builders. That would be great with the Sweet Duffy Cafe! I wonder how much opposition there would be to switching out Boat Builders, though? My suggestion for the replacement show was Duffy's storybook origin tale, THE BEAR OF HAPPINESS AND LUCK. It couldn't run all the time like Boat Builders, since I heard they have rules about characters appearing in two places at the same time. Mickey and Minnie would have to be in it, and of course Duffy is sometimes busy doing photo greetings. Logistics would need some working out. Still, I think this is an interesting idea.

PS - When the heck are they gonna give Duffy a popcorn bucket at that stand in Cape Cod. It's already caramel - it's just begging for a Duffy bucket!

• Munchings & Crunchings

If they were gonna make any further permanent expansions to the character, that's what I'd really like to see. Sweet Duffy was just so in tune with the character, and respected his independence. Plus, it is my favorite of the OLC Costumes to date. I think a permanent Sweet Duffy Cafe could really work.

Also, Ichigo had an interesting idea today... She suggested putting a Duffy show in place of Donald's Boat Builders. That would be great with the Sweet Duffy Cafe! I wonder how much opposition there would be to switching out Boat Builders, though? My suggestion for the replacement show was Duffy's storybook origin tale, THE BEAR OF HAPPINESS AND LUCK. It couldn't run all the time like Boat Builders, since I heard they have rules about characters appearing in two places at the same time. Mickey and Minnie would have to be in it, and of course Duffy is sometimes busy doing photo greetings. Logistics would need some working out. Still, I think this is an interesting idea.

PS - When the heck are they gonna give Duffy a popcorn bucket at that stand in Cape Cod. It's already caramel - it's just begging for a Duffy bucket!
    Is Boat Builders really that popular that fans would be upset? It's been runing since opening day, it could use a change. A Duffy show would be cute...although it would be hard if he couldn't speak. He would have to pantomime any actions. I'm sure it could be done, just have score playing when he's moving around...like a silent movie.

I really do wish I had gotten that Sweet Duffy costume, I missed it by a few months. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days and find one on ebay or I'll break down and try to work out a Yahoo auction.

• You have much to learn...

My Duffy is now dressed in the NY Yankees pinstripes, complete with glove and bat. Too bad you had to go so quickly DuffyDad, or I would have shown you the pictures. If I ever download them, I'll try to post.

I didn't get the regular sized Christmas Duffy for myself this year- I did get the smaller one with the towel and the pin on since I had to get something dressed for Christmas-even though it almost cost me about the same price.

I even passed on this years sweater (gasp!!) I needed to save up to get some clothes for myself.

I did manage to bring back a few Duffy items for some of my friends- you know who you are.

I have to check out Build A Bear for the new Jedi outfits, since I'm sure they are available at stores this week.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    My Duffy is now dressed in the NY Yankees pinstripes, complete with glove and bat. Too bad you had to go so quickly DuffyDad, or I would have shown you the pictures. If I ever download them, I'll try to post.

I didn't get the regular sized Christmas Duffy for myself this year- I did get the smaller one with the towel and the pin on since I had to get something dressed for Christmas-even though it almost cost me about the same price.

I even passed on this years sweater (gasp!!) I needed to save up to get some clothes for myself.

I did manage to bring back a few Duffy items for some of my friends- you know who you are.

I have to check out Build A Bear for the new Jedi outfits, since I'm sure they are available at stores this week.
    I was laughing when I read that you skipped the sweater so you could save up for clothes for yourself. To cute.

I saw the Jedi outfits at DLR Build a Bear store. They are very nice and I think well done. I think there were like 5 or 6 different ones, it would be hard to choose unless you have a fav.

NY Yankee Pin Strips is a cute costume. I think Duffy looks cute in baseball outfits. I know I shouldn't say the Dodgers, but my good friend who I bought a Duffy for when I was there. I got her a Dodgers costume and he looks so cute in it.

Did you get the WS Yankee t-shirt?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, that many different Jedi costumes? Do they have little light sabers that go with them too? Oh yeah, Jedimaster, the small Duffy you bought might actually be musical too. I saw a picture of one on Yahoo auctions, and he had a wind-up key on his back...not sure if that's the same one, but it looked like the one that came in the box.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Wow, that many different Jedi costumes? Do they have little light sabers that go with them too? Oh yeah, Jedimaster, the small Duffy you bought might actually be musical too. I saw a picture of one on Yahoo auctions, and he had a wind-up key on his back...not sure if that's the same one, but it looked like the one that came in the box.
    Yeah they do. Heres a link to Build a Bear
    Build-A-Bear Workshop-United States: Browse Category

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast