Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
  1. #1

    • North American Duffeteer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Redlands, CA.
    Posts
    471

    Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    What are some of the best outfits for Duffy?

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    That is hard. All of it's outfits have been of great quality, but I have to admit, the rain poncho for this past summer season and the new kitty outfit for halloween are favorites of mine.

  3. #3

    • North American Duffeteer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Redlands, CA.
    Posts
    471

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    All of them are great, but I'm going to settle it on the "Rainy Day Fun" outfit.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    I don't think it is available anymore... I do not remember seeing it on the shelves on my last visit. Someone correct me.

  5. #5

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    They didn't have anything in stock when I visited last year, I guess his outfits are very popular!

  6. #6

    • You have much to learn...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    932

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    I was there a few days ago, they only had in the new cat costume & got back in the pumpkin costume. They did have 2 other outfits, but the rainy day outfit wasn't one of them. I don't recall what the other outfits were.

    I did break down and bought a Duffy and the pumpkin costume last week- I may pick up a Christmas one as well if it's nice- but that will probably be it for me. I plan to use him along with my holiday decorating- but don't think I'm going to buy him a mat for him to watch the parade!!

  7. #7

    • Adventures with Duffy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too far from TDR :(
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I was there a few days ago, they only had in the new cat costume & got back in the pumpkin costume. They did have 2 other outfits, but the rainy day outfit wasn't one of them. I don't recall what the other outfits were.

    I did break down and bought a Duffy and the pumpkin costume last week- I may pick up a Christmas one as well if it's nice- but that will probably be it for me. I plan to use him along with my holiday decorating- but don't think I'm going to buy him a mat for him to watch the parade!!
    They have a mat for Duffy to watch the parade? Oh that is too cute and smart of them. I wonder how well they sell? TDR knows how to make things that sell. lol WDW and DLR listen up. ROFL

  8. #8

    • You have much to learn...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    932

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    They have a mat for Duffy to watch the parade? Oh that is too cute and smart of them. I wonder how well they sell? TDR knows how to make things that sell. lol WDW and DLR listen up. ROFL
    No, they don't actually sell a mat for him that I know of. I was just making fun of the Duffy fans who seem to get the best spots for the parades or shows so their Duffy can watch it.

    But I'm sure that if they do actually make one- it will sell like crazy.

    DuffyDad was nice enough to hold a spot in line for us on the day they were re-releasing some of the pumpkin Duffy stuff so I could get one of the mini-plush for my collection.

    On last Saturday night I noticed a line going from Aunt Pegs shop out to the walkway coming from Port Discovery & thought there was some sort of new release, but it was just crowd control for the shop- there was absolutely nothing new in there that evening.

  9. #9

    • Adventures with Duffy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too far from TDR :(
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    No, they don't actually sell a mat for him that I know of. I was just making fun of the Duffy fans who seem to get the best spots for the parades or shows so their Duffy can watch it.

    But I'm sure that if they do actually make one- it will sell like crazy.

    DuffyDad was nice enough to hold a spot in line for us on the day they were re-releasing some of the pumpkin Duffy stuff so I could get one of the mini-plush for my collection.

    On last Saturday night I noticed a line going from Aunt Pegs shop out to the walkway coming from Port Discovery & thought there was some sort of new release, but it was just crowd control for the shop- there was absolutely nothing new in there that evening.
    Sorry I miss understood you. I agree if they made it, it would sell.

    Maybe Im weird but I think its cool that guest dress up their Duffy's and show them off. I was quite impressed and underdressed when I was there. The Japanese really dress nicely for the parks and that is cool. There is something to be said for the comfy clothes we ware in the states to the parks, but its nice to see people dress up too.

    Wow, that is a long line for no new releases. From what I remember its not a huge store, but its not the smallest either. It can hold a lot of people. Its a cute store.

  10. #10

    • North American Duffeteer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Redlands, CA.
    Posts
    471

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Hope by this Christmas season, the outfits for Duffy will be much cuter.

  11. #11

    • i heart plunging v-necks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Obake Street, We Ho
    Posts
    484

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Is the cat costume still available? I'll be at the resort from the 28th and fear that there will be little merchandise left.

    last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

  12. #12

    • North American Duffeteer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Redlands, CA.
    Posts
    471

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Since it's halloween, I guess the kitty outfit will be available until the 31st.

  13. #13

    • You have much to learn...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    932

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    You never know- they sold out of the pumpkin costume within the first two weeks & got an additional shipment in the week I was there- but supposedly that was going to be their last shipment of pumpkin outfits.

    There were tons of cat costumes, but that was two weeks ago now- maybe DuffyDad can keep everyone updated in the coming weeks.

  14. #14

    • Dolcetto o scherzetto?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,172

    Thumbs up Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    Is the cat costume still available? I'll be at the resort from the 28th and fear that there will be little merchandise left.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    Since it's halloween, I guess the kitty outfit will be available until the 31st.
    Dangerous assumption. It's very popular and likely to sell out soon. If you're going to be in Tokyo for a few days and will be easy to get in touch with, I could try and pick it up for you, malice.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    Hope by this Christmas season, the outfits for Duffy will be much cuter.
    You don't think they're cute now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I don't think it is available anymore... I do not remember seeing it on the shelves on my last visit. Someone correct me.
    The Rainy Day costume was still there - even at McDuck's - when I went last Friday. You can always tell when stock of Duffy items is running low. Before it sells out completely, they move all remaining stock to Aunt Peg's. They do the same thing with limited edition releases. It's always a good idea to check Aunt Peg's first if you're looking specifically for Duffy.

    I'm very surprised that Rainy Day is one of your favorites, TDLFAN, since when I started a thread for its release, you took an opportunity to pan it and take an indirect jab at Duffy fans as well:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Yes, saw the raingear on sale yesterday. Nothing special, but like anything Duffy, it will sell well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That is hard. All of it's outfits have been of great quality, but I have to admit, the rain poncho for this past summer season and the new kitty outfit for halloween are favorites of mine.
    Your change of heart makes me so happy! I'm sure you remember how excited I was about that costume, and how special I thought it was. In fact, the two you mentioned are precisely the two that I've thought showed the most impressive, creative design in the past year. But I Sweet Duffy most because it was tied to a whole Duffy event with tons of merchandise, new art/backstory and Duffy running his own sweets cafe! So..."Duffy!" It was wonderful!

    I'll eventually be posting photos here and really answer the question about my favorite outfits...as TDLFAN says, that's a very tough choice. My Duffy is temporarily unavailable, though, so I can't do it now. malice, PM me if you want me to pick up the Cat Costume. I suspect you're right that many things will be sold out by the 28.

  15. #15

    • You have much to learn...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    932

    Re: Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear

    Thanks DuffyDad, I must have just missed seeing the rainy day outfit- I don't want to be posting the wrong info here.

    I may have to pick up the basic Duffy kit next month with the suitcase and Minnie's message to Mickey in the bottle.

    I meant to ask as well- were the Duffy photo albums new?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] The story of Duffy the Disney Bear, with pictures.
    By gurgi in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM
  2. [Question] Disney Bear?
    By DreamSweetsLove in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:10 AM
  3. Should Disney Buy Build-A-Bear Workshop?
    By disneytim in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 02:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •