Partially-Used Ticket

I ended up not using the last day of a four-day passport due to last week's typhoon. There is some general language on the ticket about exchanges, but it doesn't make clear if unused days have any value (or if there might be a special exception, due to the difficulty of getting to TDR on Thursday). Has anyone had success in similar circumstances in obtaining a credit towards a future ticket?

• Minion

Re: Partially-Used Ticket

Why not try and sell it to a friend?

Only if that "friend" is a sucker.

The tickets are (unfortunately) to be used on consecutive days or not at all.

I'm not sure if there's any way to redeem them for a refund due to inclement weather such as a typhoon, but I tend to think not.

Sorry to hear you had such bad weather on your last day! (that's the exact reason why I wish they had a more reasonable, at least SOMEWHAT flexible passport system!).

Quote Originally Posted by Himorogi View Post
    Sorry to hear you had such bad weather on your last day!
    Fortunately, the soggy pre-typhoon weather Mon.-Wed. meant that the crowds at TDR were quite low - although many outdoor shows and parades (i.e., Mysterious Masquerade, Minnie Oh! Minnie) were cancelled.

Given that advance tickets for Sat.-Sun. were sold out, I take it that the post-typhoon crowds over the three-day weekend were quite different...

Yes, 3 day weekends are generally madhouses at TDR.

• You have much to learn...

I don't have my ticket stub with me, but when we were there 2 weeks ago, my friend was reading the back of the stub & I believe you can apply it towards the purchase of a future pass, but it states that there would be a surcharge or additional fee. It's still better than losing the day entirely.

I don't believe they would offer a refund at all, but who knows due to the circumstances of they typhoon.

I believe trying to sell it would be illegal in Japan, but it still wouldn't matter since the ticket would be void after the fourth day.

The reason we read it, was that if you look at the front of the ticket, it states the expiration date is one year from the date of purchase on the front, but they do have the dates stamped on it for which days are TDL & TDS and the other two are the park hopper days- but still need to be used consecutively.

You can always bring it in and ask at guest services on your next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    The reason we read it, was that if you look at the front of the ticket, it states the expiration date is one year from the date of purchase on the front, but they do have the dates stamped on it for which days are TDL & TDS and the other two are the park hopper days- but still need to be used consecutively.
    My understanding is that what that means is that you have a date-certain ticket for the days printed on the face, but if you for some reason didn't use it on the first day, it becomes an undated 4-day ticket valid for up to one year from the date of purchase. Then, when you eventually decided to use it, you'd have to trade it in for another date-certain 4-day ticket and choose the parks for the first two days at that time. But in any event, once the first day is used, the other three days are locked in as the next 3 consecutive days.