• Banned User

Preview Xmas events on Disney Fan Magazine

The Disney Fan magazine issue releasing today contains an indepth look at the upcoming Xmas events, merchandise, menus, decors, etc.. coming to TDR on November 10th. As always, seems like a lot of fun. There are artcles about the entertainment (appears the parade will do 3 show modes along the route). TDS' merchandise will feature Candlelight Reflections FINAL logo and artwork and looks to be very classy and has collector value on it, at least for me.
    Anyways, I can't wait for Xmas to arrive at TDR.

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Preview Xmas events on Disney Fan Magazine

Is it 3 show modes or are they pulling another 3 different show modes thing?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

I do not know since the magazine is all in japanese, but my gut feeling is that it will be the same show mode repeated three times along the parade route.

• You have much to learn...

Not a good time for my Japanese bookstore to be closing- I have 6 issues left on my subscription that they will be mailing me from their Los Angeles store- so I'll probably be getting mine a week or two later than usual now.

I can't wait for Christmas to start up either- I'll be back in TDR and ready for Christmas on 11/9- Just have to wait the extra day for all the good stuff to start- At least I can see all the merchandise the day I arrive.

TDLFAN, I know you can't read the magazine- neither can I- but can you tell if there may be the same promotion running at TDS this year- where you spend about 1500 yen and get a card with the possibility of winning a pin or something? Also is there mention of a date that you can get a gift upon entering the park? I always seem to be leaving just before the free giveaway day at the park.

• Disney fan from Thailand

I will go to japan next week and intend to visite both event of TDR (Halloween and Christmas). It's very exciting to back to TDR again.
    Can't wait to see Candlelight Reflection Final.

• Resident of the Caldera

I subscribed to Disney Fan through Fujisan.com. It costs about double because of the postage, but it comes in the mail like clockwork every month.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind when my subscription expires since it may actually come out cheaper than renewing thru Asahiya since they charge more to begin with, then I don't know how much extra they'll charge for shipping each month. Right now they are going to be shipping them to me for free since it's in the middle of my subscription plan, but may wind up charging me for shipping once I have to renew.

It was so much easier just picking it up once a month- now I have to wonder when it will arrive.

Fukai, I checked out fujisan.com & have a quick question that I couldn't figure out on the site- for the shipping, do they charge the 6.95 per issue, or is it the cheaper rate if you order a subscription?
    Last edited by jedimaster7313; 10-23-2009 at 05:34 AM. Reason: I checked out fujisan.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    TDLFAN, I know you can't read the magazine- neither can I- but can you tell if there may be the same promotion running at TDS this year- where you spend about 1500 yen and get a card with the possibility of winning a pin or something? Also is there mention of a date that you can get a gift upon entering the park? I always seem to be leaving just before the free giveaway day at the park.
    I have no answers to those questions. Sorry

• Banned User

One more thing.. don't run to TDR in hopes of getting your special Halloween issue of Disney Fan that released a couple of weeks ago. TDR is totally sold out of them. Ikspiari's Disney Store and Maruzen were also sold out. I even looked for in at several bookstores in Nishi-Funabashi and Narita... and *nothing*. The sucker has sold like hot cakes.. Finally, found 3 copies left at a Maruzen bookstore next to JR Funabashi station.... But man, I can't believe how difficult it was to get this particular issue!!!

I picked up the Special issue the day it was released while I was in Japan- I guess I luck out once in a while. It's going to be hard in the future to get them, unless this fujisan.com carries the special issues as well.

Hi all!
    I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

• Banned User

The lastest issue of DFM released this past features some nice photography of TDR's Xmas events, previews new year's merchandise and has some coffee table quality shots of the cast from cirque's ZED show. get your copy today.

• Just another Disney fan..

Old news. Got mine a week ago when it came out!