TDS Day-Of Anniversary?

Can anyone share w/me the perks (if any) of visiting TDS on 09/04--its actual anniversary date? I've seen pictures online of buttons w/the date on it. Trying to weigh the pros/cons of visiting on an anniversary vs. waiting for Harborside Christmas to start... thoughts? Thank you!

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Re: TDS Day-Of Anniversary?

I don't think there are any free perks for visiting TDS on the day of it's anniversary. In the past, they would assign "present" days throughout for TDS and TDL. The anniversary dates always had a special pin, fastener top, medal, or ornament to commemorate the day. During the 25th Anniversary, they stopped doing this promotion so this year there was no such present. There may have been a pin given to guests for staying at the Miracosta on the anniversary date, but I can't confirm this. I'm fairly certain the Ambassador Hotel gives a pin for staying at the hotel on the anniversary date.

TDL and TDS have released merchandise to commemorate every anniversary. This may be the buttons and pins that you have seen. They usually also have a T-shirt, cellphone strap, watch, souvenir plate, small drawstring bag (kinchyaku), cookie tin, memo pads, and few other things. If you plan to go to TDS for it's anniversary, you'll be very close to both the Halloween events at TDS and TDL.

Good luck with your decision

• Munchings & Crunchings

Didn't they release a "gift" fastener a month during the 25th Anniversary? They were square pictures with a character in it, and a small "Dream Key" dangling from the bottom? They did used to give away a lot more for every special event and attraction opening. I guess they've cut back on the free stuff.

• You have much to learn...

They seem to do the gate promotions from time to time- but I always seem to miss out on them- I think I did get a zipper pull a few years ago. I don't know if they follow any real format.

There's usually a Christmas promotion, but it always seems to happen a week after I'm back home again.

• Loves Mickey!

There will be a gift on Mickey's birthday at TDS!

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Didn't they release a "gift" fastener a month during the 25th Anniversary? They were square pictures with a character in it, and a small "Dream Key" dangling from the bottom? They did used to give away a lot more for every special event and attraction opening. I guess they've cut back on the free stuff.
    For the 25th Anniversary, present/gift was a pin of a disney character. It was usually a squarish shape with a small key dangle. On that present/gift day, there was also a matching character sketch series pin. The pin was a similar character pin with a paintbrush. The cardback had the black and white picture with the present pin.

In the past, TDL and TDS switched up the present/gift. From memory, I remember a lot of pins and fastener tops. There was also a few keychains, ornament tags, these heaver metal coins in plastic mickey ears, and metal clips.

During the 25th Anniversary, there was rumors that those presents were going to reach to 25, but they stopped around 20. After that, there wasn't an entrance present/gift promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    They seem to do the gate promotions from time to time- but I always seem to miss out on them- I think I did get a zipper pull a few years ago. I don't know if they follow any real format.

There's usually a Christmas promotion, but it always seems to happen a week after I'm back home again.
    I remember those gift promotions, too. You spend like 3,000 Yen, and you get a peel away sticker or trading card with the chance to win something. Perhaps, there will be more information in the Disney Fan or on the TDR website.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    There will be a gift on Mickey's birthday at TDS!
    This was wonderful news! I looked through the TDR website, and I didn't see anything about it. Then, I got my Disney Fan today, and there was a little excerpt about it. I'm glad TDS is doing something like this for the Candelight Reflections Finale!

• You have much to learn...

Duh, I never made the correllation between the gift at TDS and Mickey's birthday- since I usually visit the week before & it figures, I'll miss it by 2 days again this year.

I'm still waiting to get my Disney Fan in the mail, I used to be able to pick it up at a local Japanese bookstore, but it's closing in 2 days- so they are shipping the rest of the issues to me from California- or at least I hope they are.

I was checking out the official site to see all the neat stuff coming out this year & am looking forward to continuing my Mickey/Minnie snowman collections.

I can't really tell, but one of the pictures on the official site looks like a peel off card for Candlelight Reflections, but I can't read it- Unless it's the givaway promotion you had mentioned honoraryhatter- I hope I get my Disney Fan in the next day or two.

Thanks everybody for the info!!