Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• You have much to learn...

Re: 「My Friend Duffy」 SHOW coming March 2010!!!

I didn't go back to re-read the whole post- Has it been said if the new show will be like the older one, where you have to order your food- then sit and watch the show- or are they changing it somehow as a straight show where you can fit more people in and cycle them through easier?

I assume it's the same as Boat Builders, but lines will be longer & I'm sure some Duffy groupies will be trying to stay there for several shows if it's the same way as the older one.

I saw some pretty long lines back this last December for the restaurant in general on a Sunday afternoon & didn't wait back then.

If you do have to wait to get food first, then wait on another to get in for a place to sit- I can see a lot of food getting cold.

• Munchings & Crunchings

For the old show, did they have a time limit? Meaning, could a guest potentially sit there all day, or were they filtered out by CM's if they seemed to be finished eating and the show was between cycles? I just wonder how they will prevent people from sitting at a table all day long seeing multiple shows?

They never seemed to ask anyone to leave while I was there- I recall staying for a few show cycles in the past myself & that was even like 20 minutes after eating- but the restaurant was never that full the times I was there to begin with-

I can only assume they would cycle people thru quicker on busy times & I know this show will be popular- that's why I was wondering if they would just set up seating just to watch the show. I'm also wondering if they are going to do the same as character dining- where they charge a premium price for food just to see the show.

I guess all will be revealed the end of next week

Even in the last day of Donald's Boat Builders on Monday. Guest could arrive at any time, wait for a seating, and stay as long as they wished. On this day, many people kept some food items un-eaten visible on their tables in case the CM came to clear the trays/trash.

Speaking of the old show, I have uploaded the final performance to YouTube.

First part of the show:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSR-EpDbyFA"]YouTube - TDS: Donald's Boat Builders (Final) (1/2)[/ame]

Second part:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIGSKQ-dEU"]YouTube - TDS: Donald's Boat Builders (Final) (2/2)[/ame]
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Loves Mickey!

Thank you for upping the videos Joe! My son is so happy to watch it! It was so fun hanging out with you that day!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, thanks for filming the last shows for us. It was cute, although I like the first part, with Mickey, Donald, & Goofy better. Although, really it doesn't matter which one you watch first, I guess. The Chip & Dale one is a little more boring to me. Hopefully the Duffy show will at least match it in length and cuteness.

• Loves Mickey!

Here is some more details on My Friend Duffy

The first story will be about how mickey meets duffy, then the second part is about how mickey prepare his long ship journey with duffy.

主役はダッフィー TDS新ショー - MSN産経ニュース

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Here is some more details on My Friend Duffy

The first story will be about how mickey meets duffy, then the second part is about how mickey prepare his long ship journey with duffy.

主役はダッフィー TDS新ショー - MSN産経ニュース
    I wonder if that means they will keep the boat set. It would seem like that would be a cheaper solution, rather than building a brand new boat prop.

If it is a 2 part show, similar to boatbuilders, then I guess they will use the same format that you watch as you dine- which I hope doesn't cause too much of a line waiting for those who choose to sip their tea for hours so they can stay for several shows.

I guess DuffyDad will be camping out at the front gates at 3am from now on!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Red Face Re: 「My Friend Duffy」 SHOW coming March 2010!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I guess DuffyDad will be camping out at the front gates at 3am from now on!!
    Nope. After finally watching Pocahontas and also seeing The Princess & the Frog, both of which...let's just say I was disappointed...

I'm pretty unhappy with Disney...and OLC, too, I guess. Duffy having a "girlfriend" fundamentally changes the character for me, and that was my only remaining hook. He was the one major character that didn't hit me over the head with straight couple marketing, and I'm pretty sure that's about to change dramatically. I'll still go for Sweet Duffy, just to see, and because I've wanted that costume since last year. And I'll still want that snazzy popcorn bucket, sure. I'll still go see the show once, too, come March. I am happy that so many more people are likely to get to know and love Duffy this year. But I'm pretty sure this new character is gonna turn me WAY off.

Oh well. I still love the classic films, and my image of "Classic Duffy." It was only ever supposed to be a year anyway, I guess. I need to stop wasting money and time. It is kind of a bummer, though, for my favorite character to finally be pushed into mainstream consciousness but become a very different character in the process. When it was, "What's up with that one weirdly popular bear in TDS?" it was interesting, an anomaly. Now, though, with two, it'll be a franchise and start to be much more typical Disney. I guess there's still Emperor's New Groove for quirkiness.^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

I hope your opinion changes, Duffydad, at least about Duffy. Although I could be disappointed as well, with the new character reveal, and the direction. I'm going to withhold my judgement though. I swear, I thought you had seen Pocahontas before...I remember talking to you about it. It's too bad you saw that and PatF right near each other though...two films that have incorrect history woven throughout. Now go watch Mulan, and then ask your students how they feel about that one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345