Sad Passing of Roy E. Disney

I guess most people here have heard about the recent passing of Roy E. Disney on December 16. Many of you frequent other sections of MiceChat and other sites where I'm sure this has been news. I haven't seen anything posted here, though, and thought it was something we ought to note. I know very little about the detailed history or personal lives of Roy, his father, his uncle, nor any of the Disneys. Still, what little I do know leaves me with a deep sense of respect, and honestly some real trepidation about what a difference the loss of this voice makes. His was a life truly lived, to say the least, and he will be missed by many.

Obituary in LA Times

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Passing of Roy E. Disney

He truly will be missed. I maybe wrong, but I think he is one of the last Disney's with the company. I know one of Walt's daughters Diane(Ron Millers Wife) still has some things to do with the Disney Co. But not on a day by day way. She has a bigger hand in other things, like the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco Ca.

I hope Im am wrong and there are Disney family members who are in the day to day Disney Co. Because it will help preserve Walt's dream.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I guess most people here have heard about the recent passing of Roy E. Disney on December 16. Many of you frequent other sections of MiceChat and other sites where I'm sure this has been news. I haven't seen anything posted here, though, and thought it was something we ought to note. I know very little about the detailed history or personal lives of Roy, his father, his uncle, nor any of the Disneys. Still, what little I do know leaves me with a deep sense of respect, and honestly some real trepidation about what a difference the loss of this voice makes. His was a life truly lived, to say the least, and he will be missed by many.

Obituary in LA Times
    There has been a lot of discussion here, just not in the TDR forum. Since Roy's passing is not specifically related to TDR or any one park for that matter, discussions have been going on in the Disney "News" forum.

http://micechat.com/forums/news/1288...-has-died.html

On my site, I have a video (available for download) of Roy Disney's visit to Tokyo DisneySea for its Grand Opening. Welcome to Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!