• Loves Mickey!

Duffy FP testing

They are testing a kind of FP for the Duffy character greeting right now. It's been going on for at least a couple of weeks but yesterday was the first time we actually got a chance to use it! We got to TDS at about 10:30 and the line was of course huge because it was a national holiday and the CM was saying it may take until 5pm to see Duffy. But it was our last chance to take a Santa picture because I would need my husbands help to wait that long with our son. We waited about 40 minutes or so and the line was getting very long but the CM had started explaining that there was a return pass they were testing to the people in line. Then they started handing out the passes asking how many people per party. Our return time was 16:00-16:15 s we could leave the areaand return at that time. It made everything so much easier!! We are so happy with this new pass system as my husband has been saying forever that they should implement something like it! Very nce OLC!!

back

Even more than that it is really nice that they are doing more so that people with small chldren have a better experience. Before this we were lucky enough to run into Mickey and Minnie in the babycare center on one busy day and the lottery is also very good for this. We were chosen to fill out a survey on the lottery system the other day and recieved a postcard present but the photo's of the survey are on my video camera so I will upload it later.

Babycare center video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qaOlz1S5k"]YouTube - Minnie and Mickey atTDS Babycare Center[/ame]
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 12-23-2009 at 08:51 PM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Duffy FP testing

It does seem like a good idea for something so popular. At least it gives people a chance to see a character without spending all day waiting for them. How do they manage the line for the return times though?

• Loves Mickey!

For the return time you come and show your pass and make a queue which took us about 20 minutes to get through. It was very easy!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy FP testing

I might actually do that character greeting again sometime now. As it was, it was totally not worth it to me. Thanks for the tip and pics!^^

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

He is the cutest!! Is he a TDS exclusive?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy FP testing

Quote Originally Posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
    He is the cutest!! Is he a TDS exclusive?
    Yes, Duffy is. "The Disney Bear," though, according to gurgi, started as a promotional item at WDW in 2002. This generic version is still available in the US, though everything about Duffy is pretty different, from characterization to promotion to materials and proportions in construction.

The Disney Bear didn't come to TDS until Christmas 2004, and wasn't truly "reborn" as the Duffy we know and love today until 2005.^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

You know, I've noticed lately that the US Disney parks management has decided to start selling costumes for their version of the Disney Bear now. Even those are kind of generic though, like a firefighter or something else you can get a version of at Build-a-Bear. At least Duffy's costumes are unique.