Will there be a Christmas Celebration in TDL/TDS in 2010?

Aloha again from Hawaii,
    I have been planning to bring my family to Tokyo for Christmas and ideally be in the parks on Christmas day! I looked at the schedule for 2010 and it mentions the halloween festivities, but no mention of Christmas in December!? Any info?

• Banned User

Re: Will there be a Christmas Celebration in TDL/TDS in 2010?

Yes, there is definitely going to be a massive Christmas event. They do not release details this early because Tokyo Disneyland will be getting a new parade (like they do every year) and Tokyo DisneySea is getting a new show in water front park. I am sure neither of the park's details are finalized but there will indeed by a very large Christmas event in Tokyo Disney Resort come November-December 2010.

Now I just heard that they are closing Braviseamo In November. So will there be a nighttime water show in TDS during the christmas celebration? I am not sure if I should come in Halloween time to see braviseamo before it is gone. This will be my 1st ever visit to a non US disney park.
    Last edited by bespinally; 02-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

• Banned User

I do not think there will be a lagoon nighttime show during Christmas, however, there will be a MASSIVE stage show in water front park. It is a matter of which season do you prefer. No BraviSEAmo is not worth completely rescheduling your trip, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Yes, there is definitely going to be a massive Christmas event. They do not release details this early because Tokyo Disneyland will be getting a new parade (like they do every year) and Tokyo DisneySea is getting a new show in water front park. I am sure neither of the park's details are finalized but there will indeed by a very large Christmas event in Tokyo Disney Resort come November-December 2010.
    Actually they skipped out on a Christmas parade during the 25th Anniversary.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    ya all they did was a teeny tiny itty bitty castle show :P

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    They just did one of the most insanely large non-Anniversary Castle shows I have EVER seen.

Wasn't saying anything badly about the castle show. Just pointing out that they did not do a new Christmas parade for the 08/09 season.

Can I just tell you how cute the merchandise is during Christmas at the TDR? I go ape shi* when I see how insanely cute it all is. YOU WILL TOO! Plan on buying an extra suitcase for all of your Disney souvenirs at Comme ca ism.

Thanks for all the replies. I think it would be cool to go for the time when the Christmas stage show is going as well as Braviseamo. But well see how everything works out.
    thanks again
    Aloha
    Cedar

So Im doing some serious planning in terms of Vacation dates for work and plane tickets. I plan to come to Tokyo approximately November 8-24 give or take a few days on one end. I intend to spend 4 days at TDR with a 3 night stay at Hotel Miracosta. Ive heard that the Braviseamo will be closing November 13th so I was hoping to come before that. I have 2 more questions.

1. Is there a date for the beginning of Christmas season at TDL/TDS? I do not want to come too early and miss that.

2. Will Braviseamo be showing on november 13th or is this the date it will actually stop running?

Thanks again for all the help. Especially TDLfan.

thanks
    Cedar

• You have much to learn...

The Christmas events used to start on 11/7, but last year, it began on 11/10- most likely due to the 7th being on a weekend. This year the 7th is once again on a weekend, so I assume it will start roughly around the 10th as well- but no dates have been confirmed by the main site yet www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp

You may be safer going to the resort after the 10th- but don't rely on my word since things can always change till they make an announcement on the official site.

Now Braviseamo ending on the 13th I'm wondering if they are going to wait a little longer to start the Christmas programs. There was a mention of the Christmas show this year in the American waterfront- now I assume there will be one since no lagoon show has been mentioned, possibly due to whatever work they need to do to prep for Fantasmic, that is probably why they are ending Braviseamo to carry the show till the Christmas stuff is in full swing.

TDR always has something planned in advance. The one thing I have noticed in past years- with all the funding going to the newer rides like Buzz, Tower of Terror, Monsters Inc and now Toy Story Mania- TDR cuts back a little on seasonal entertainment offerings when they have big projects being built.

• Banned User

This is just a totally random guess by I think that the Christmas Celebration will actually start the day after BraviSEAmo disappears. I just don't see why they would run BraviSEAmo for 4 days of the Christmas Season then stop it.

• You have much to learn...

I hope they don't wait that long, but we'll have to wait and see. I hope they don't start that late since it may screw up the usual times I visit the resort- but I always wait till the dates are set before booking anything.

OLC knew that Halloween was already BIG and decided to take advantage of the holiday weekend in early November 2009. The original release schedule did have an Oct 31st finale. Once the final day was moved to 11/3, the Christmas season followed exactly seven days after that, like it usually does, and opened on 11/10.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!