Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Sharing Duffy Photos and Stories

Happy Valentine's Day from Duffy!

Duffy brings love

Happy Valentine's day from the whole Duffy family!

• Adventures with Duffy

Too cute gurgi! Thanks for sharing. I love your heart tree very cute!

Happy Valentines Day to Duffy, Shelli May and all the Mice Chatters. I hope you all have a great day and those in Japan (who I think your rolling into Monday morning) I hope you had a great Valentines Day.

• M's mommy

So I FINALLY.....will be receiving a DUFFY BEAR!!! I am so excited!! I "supposedly" bought it for my little baby girl......but since she is 7 months, and she loves the little Duffy Bear with the outfit thats holding the heart.....I think she will let her mommy have the big duffy!

I am so excited to see what the Japanese Mickey bear is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by littlepixie View Post
    So I FINALLY.....will be receiving a DUFFY BEAR!!! I am so excited!! I "supposedly" bought it for my little baby girl......but since she is 7 months, and she loves the little Duffy Bear with the outfit thats holding the heart.....I think she will let her mommy have the big duffy!

I am so excited to see what the Japanese Mickey bear is all about!
    May i ask where you got duffy bear from? Really hope to get one myself =(

• You have much to learn...

I've been testing out different outfits on my Duffy as well- but many of them have been from Build a Bear. So far I've dressed him in as a NY Yankees player in pinstripes, Peter Pan for St Patricks Day, An easter egg for Easter & currently he's dressed as Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Clone Wars- I also have the Jedi robes for him as well. I may pick up the Nascar outfit for him next.

So much for my original plan of just dressing him up for Halloween & Christmas. I said I wouldn't get too hooked on the bear, but now I am & am looking forward to getting Shellie May this year too.

• Banned User

You are not the only one testing new costumes on Duffy. Many Duffy fans show up at TDR with Duffy's in many different non-Disney outfits and many, with very elaborate home made reproductions of Disney costumes. This week, two guys (??) had an entire family of Duffys dressed in Mythica costumes sitting by a wall in Ponte Becchio. Needless to say, the display stopped traffic. I even took a photo of it. Weird!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post

So much for my original plan of just dressing him up for Halloween & Christmas. I said I wouldn't get too hooked on the bear, but now I am & am looking forward to getting Shellie May this year too.
    Sounds cool you should upload some pictures

• Banned User

Look what I saw at WDW's Downtown Disney's World of Disney Store today....

Difference is... WDW's bear does not have a name, just "Disney bear" (original, eh?) and comes with a totally different storyline to explain it's being there... the story goes that Mickey was sitting in the Magic Kingdom all alone and brought his favorite bear (who did not have Mickey's face on it) and with for someone to be there with him. Out of the blue, Tinkerbelle showed up and sprinkleed the bear with pixie dust, bringing to life. Mickey was so happy that hugged the bear so hard, his face magically imprinted on the bear's face.. Hence, the Duffy impostor.

You can also see that the craftmanship of these bears is not as polished as the ones sold at TDS. Then again, nothing much sold at WDW compares in quality to the merchandise in TDR. No surprises there.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-14-2010 at 07:10 PM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Not to mention those WDW bears are almost half the size of the TDS Duffy. They just can't compare. The thing is, the original Disney Bears could...the quality was good. It's just over the years it continues to get smaller, and poorer quality. Oh well...

I have also taken to dressing my Duffy and Shellie in holiday outfits...or at least seasonal. I'm waiting for the Easter costume to show up, so I missed that one by a few weeks, but next year, he'll be dressed for the occasion. Meanwhile, they are wearing spring themed outfits. Next I'll move on to summer stuff.

My friend picked me up the Hong Kong Disneyland verison of the Disney Bear & he really looks posessed. So if you think the new Florida ones aren't as nice- you should see the Hong Kong version- There used to be one on ebay-If I come across a picture I'll post it.

My problem with posting pictures of my own is that I still have dial up at home & it takes forever to load a photo- but I'll post them someday. I don't bother with the iphone, blackberry or any of that other crap- Yes, I'm still living in the somewhat dark ages!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Ok, I know this is a little late, but hey, if Tokyo Disneyland can celebrate Easter until June, then I can post some Easter pictures in here! Besides, I just got the costume, so I have an excuse...

Anyway, here are some pictures of Duffy and Shellie May frolicking with some spring animals.

Here is the entire scene. A spring bunny patch with ducks & lambs too!

See any famous Disney bunnies?

Duffy & Shellie visit with the animals.

Hey, down in front, get out of the way!

Duffy looking sweet.

Shellie May looking elegant.

Duffy & Shellie May.

Spring Mickey & Minnie.
    Last edited by gurgi; 04-20-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Trying to resolve picture issues

• Banned User

I see a lovely Oswald the rabbit from Japan..

I don't know if it's my computer at work- or some other problem Gurgi, but the photos don't show at all for me- I don't even see that little box with the X that didn't load, unless you removed them for some reason.

I see TDLFAN's photos, but not your current ones on this page- I can still see the photos on page 1 of the post though - Is anyone else having this trouble?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I see a lovely Oswald the rabbit from Japan..
    Yes, you do! He couldn't resist hanging out with the other bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I don't know if it's my computer at work- or some other problem Gurgi, but the photos don't show at all for me- I don't even see that little box with the X that didn't load, unless you removed them for some reason.

I see TDLFAN's photos, but not your current ones on this page- I can still see the photos on page 1 of the post though - Is anyone else having this trouble?
    Hmm...I don't know. I'm on my work computer and they show up. They are in the same album as the Valentines pictures above, and the ones on the first page...very weird. Can anybody else not see them either?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Unfortunately I'm also having trouble with viewing them too and I've tried using two different computers
    Last edited by Malin; 04-20-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast