Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Sharing Duffy Photos and Stories

I though of starting a thread where we could share Duffy stories and photos. Feel free to add your stories and photos if you want to.

Last night, we went to Disney Grand California Hotel for dinner at Storytellers. And of course Duffy came with us.

Here is a photo of him at Storytellers.

After dinner we were off to Build a Bear in Down Town Disney. I had Duffy head sticking out of by back pack so he could see what was going on. While in Build a Bear, a guest was wanting to know where I got Duffy, because they didn't see him to build. (they thought he was a BaB). I said he comes from a far, with an 11.5 hour flight from Tokyo Disney Seas. The guest was sad that Duffy wasn't offered anywhere in DLR. I said I understood, that Duffy is really cool bear, very soft and cuddly. We talked a little about TDS, maybe that guest will make it there someday.
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 02-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: Sharing Duffy Photos and Stories

I'm so glad you started this thread! My Duffy hasn't braved the parks (DL/DCA) yet, but here is what he is sporting while he's patiently waiting for his package of a pair o' Cape Cod branded outfits:

Also a fun fact, there is a Duffy Bear sitting in the Darling Nursery window on the Peter Pan's Flight facade at Disneyland.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, great idea! My Duffy has also not been to the parks yet (that will change this June). I did take pictures last month of Duffy playing in the snow, so here are a couple of those.

Here he is next to some real deer tracks...he seemed fascinated.

• Aristocat~!

Such a cute thread! I'd love to own a Duffy one day~

• Banned User

I want a Duffy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I want a Duffy!!!
    me too! I have a Duffy X-mas ornament, but I don't think that really counts.

• A Little Rabid

I want one too!

Actually, I did see a Duffy (or perhaps, a Duffy lookalike) being sold at World Of Disney late last year. I was tempted to buy him but decided it was probably not the genuine thing.
    I lurk.

• Disney Fan & Musician

I want a Duffy! Anyone that thinks they can get me one, contact me!
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Adventures with Duffy

Malice, your Duffy is very cute in his outfit. I will have to look for the Duffy in Darling Nursery window on the Peter Pan's Flight facade. I didn't know he was there. Thanks for the tip.

gurgi, Duffy in his Christmas outfit is so cute in the snow. Checking out the deer tracks.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer View Post
    I want one too!

Actually, I did see a Duffy (or perhaps, a Duffy lookalike) being sold at World Of Disney late last year. I was tempted to buy him but decided it was probably not the genuine thing.
    Not sure if you are talking about WDW WoD or DLRs? DLR has brought back The Disney Bear(or what ever they are calling him). They still have My First Disney Bear that wares PJ's and they have another one that is sold like Duffy with no clothes and they sell t-shirt and other clothing items I believe. I think they are testing the market. But they aren't marketing him very well, so I don't think he will do very well. But we will see.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    I want a Duffy! Anyone that thinks they can get me one, contact me!
    I bought a Duffy bear on eBay....you might want to check it out there. You can also call or find that WDW mail ordering and from what I have heard WDW does offer Duffy the Bear.....at least I bought one and thats what I am supposed to be getting....I hope someone can answer this? Do they sell Duffy at WDW? I know they sell Duffy bears at the Disney store in NYC. You might be able to try them too.

• A Little Rabid

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Not sure if you are talking about WDW WoD or DLRs? DLR has brought back The Disney Bear(or what ever they are calling him). They still have My First Disney Bear that wares PJ's and they have another one that is sold like Duffy with no clothes and they sell t-shirt and other clothing items I believe. I think they are testing the market. But they aren't marketing him very well, so I don't think he will do very well. But we will see.
    Yes, this was at Disneyland! But that's pretty interesting. I really doubt he'll do well here in Anaheim. United States consumers aren't as attached to characters as they are in japan, I've noticed.
    I lurk.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The NYC World of Disney store has closed for good. It's last day was December 31st 2009, so it's no longer an option for shopping. Disney is opening a Disney Store over in Times Square in the fall, but it's not run by the parks anymore, so I have no idea if they will bother with the Disney Bear.

Also, the one for sale at WDW and DLR is not actually Duffy. The design is different, and he's smaller, and is only called "Disney Bear". If you want the REAL thing, LOL, you need to get one from Japan...or as a close substitute, one of the original Disney Bears.

• M's mommy

awwww....man.....I hope I did get a real Duffy then.

In any case add me to the please notify me if someone can get us some Duffy bears.

Now I am sad.

• Banned User

This is officially the cutest thread on Micechat!!! Thank you Janell! More people need to post pictures of their Duffies!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast