Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Booked trip for July 31st- August 9th!

does anyone generally know how busy it will be during this time? =O

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Booked trip for July 31st- August 9th!

Quote Originally Posted by glenbot View Post
    does anyone generally know how busy it will be during this time? =O
    Yes generally Summer Months are pretty busy at the resort. They dont have early entry or late nights like disneyworld or disneyland do year round. If you have any other questions ask, the board has some pretty knowledgeable people on here.

• Banned User

It will be very, very, very crowded. Imagine 4th of July but for everyday you are there.

But on a lighter note, please do enjoy Bonfire Dance.

• Resident of the Caldera

It's extremely hot and horribly humid. Make sure you drink lots of water.

• Banned User

It's very crowded and it will be miserable, weather wise. It's like Florida in July. You will start your visit at the tail end of "tsuyu" season, which is lots of rain. I don't know that the rains will keep people away in TDR during this time. Also, I could be wrong, but isn't Japan's summer break for kids in August? They don't get 3 months like we do here.

this doesnt sound very exciting

• Disney Fan & Musician

this doesnt sound very exciting
    Don't let it ruin your trip! It will still be amazing! Just play the fastpass game and make good use of time. Drink lots of water.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

thanks lol. but yeah i just dont know if i enjoy waiting 20 minutes just to get my fastpass lol =P

but oh well i'll deal! is disneysea actually noticeably less busy most days?

• Banned User

Sorry but you chose the worst time to visit. I avoid going to TDR in august at all cost. Very crowded, hot and humid... and 2 hrs plus lines for everything. Not the best of times to visit.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

thanks lol. but yeah i just dont know if i enjoy waiting 20 minutes just to get my fastpass lol =P

I think people have already put the fear into you enough, yeah it will be busy, as its Summer vacation, but I have known days though out the year that can be just as bad and these do not full on a Holiday or Weekend. Providing you stick to the key rules when visiting the Resort, arriving up to an hour before opening, and taking full advantage of your Fast Pass option, you should still get a good amount of attractions and shows done. Keep in mind its Summer so make sure your fully protected from the sun, with the essential's like suntan, water and head gear. Tokyo Disneyland will likely be the busiest park, so arrive with a plan in place, DisneySea crowds will be much more manageable, but I would still stick to the same rules as above.

Now lets looks at some of the positives, looking at the park schedule all rides and attractions will be open with the exception of Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Because its Summer some of the parks most popular shows will be returning like Cool the Heat and Bon Fire Dance. So yeah it will be busy and hot but with the right amount of planning ahead, your time should be very awarding indeed.

Cool Re: Booked trip for July 31st- August 9th!

Disney Sea is noticeably less busy.

thanks! i've came to the realization that i dont mind if i only get a few rides done this trip. as long as they are the ones that are different or not present in the usa parks.

other that i feel i can skip everything else if i have to.

thanks for all the info/help!

• Banned User

glenbot, may I suggest that you arrive at the parks about one hour before opening times. Then, as soon as you enter.. *run* to get fastpass for "Mosters Hide and Go seek". Then do some of the rides in fantasyland during the first hour after the park has opened. then, as soon as your fastpass window opens, get a fp for "Hunny Hunt"... Continue to get fastpasses throughout the day for all the major rides.. Like Splash Mountain (best version of the three in the World), or Big Thunder Mt. Make a point of watching the parades at TDL, as they are very unique to that park and lavish. If you want to maximaze your day at TDL in the horrible days of summer, you can't be the usual lazy WDW tousist and move slowly. You gotta move and make the best use of your time in the park.. Be knowledgeable about Fastpass and be awared of show/parade times.. this strategy will help you navigate the park better, even with crowds.

Thanks alot TDLFAN. all the help is wonderful.

the main thing for me is explore TDS. rides are kind of the after thought.

ahhhh i have a question. from the time you land how long does it take about to get to the bus ticket desk? cuz our flight arrives at 3:55 pm which is really tight to the last shuttle of 5:05 pm

any insight would be INSANELY helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast