Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Curious about "Encore!" show?

www.jtcent.com has posted 26 still photos from this TDS show. Enjoy.

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/shows/shoenc/index.html

• Membre

Re: Curious about "Encore!" show?

Thanks for the link TDLFAN...
    Yet, where are Mickey and the gang ???

• Minion FOREVER!

Hey, Oliver!
    This is a TDS show, not TDL! An in the American Waterfront area no less. And TDS (and OLC) still work under the premise of creating a "sensory immersion" (paraphrasing
    the great Imagineer, John Hench).
    Would be completely awkward to have Mickey & the gang here.

TDLFAN: thanks for the link. Looks like a nice show. And a whole lot of my favorite
    musical music as well! Do they just play excerpts from the songs or the entire song? Some of these are pretty long.

PS. Oliver: Yup, I want to go to TLP and play, too! (But I want to go to TDR first!)

• Established 2005

Yes, sensory immersion would be good term. Too bad the show is completely wrong for it's surroundings. It is so painful to watch numbers from such shows as A Chorus Line, West Side Story, Pajama Game, Oklahoma and Gypsy when they spend so much time setting up the time period as turn-of-the-century. It is quite jarring to me. I've always felt that a Ziegfeld type show would work much better in the space, although the Follies didn't start until a bit later than turn-of-the-century. Think of Minnie and Daisy in Erte-esque gowns and a chorus of girls on a giant rotating staircase. Could be very interesting and glamourous.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    Mickey and Minnie were never a part of "Encore!" as it was intended to play as a Broadway show, and not Disney (maybe the reason why a lot of japanese guests fall asleep in this show? Rude!)
    However, Mickey and Minnie are featured quite prominently in the Xmas finale version of "Encore!" which will start playing on Nov. 7th at TDSea, as part of their "Harborside Christmas" holiday event. I can't wait to go check it out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    Do they just play excerpts from the songs or the entire song? Some of these are pretty long.
    I reckon you have not been to TDR? I thought you had...
    Mostly portions of songs...the show moves rather quickly featuring the many Broadway shows they feature. Hello Dolly, Chorus Line, and Band Leader are the highlights to me.
    want to go to TLP and play, too!
    Tokyo Land Paris??

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in the City
    It is so painful to watch numbers from such shows as A Chorus Line, West Side Story, Pajama Game, Oklahoma and Gypsy when they spend so much time setting up the time period as turn-of-the-century. It is quite jarring to me. I've always felt that a Ziegfeld type show would work much better in the space
    I agree, even if I was never bothered by the era difference.. Good observation here Erik.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-27-2005 at 12:47 PM.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    Oh no. They wouldn't do that. I really think Encore is the real deal. The theater that it is presented in is absolutely amazing! Rich theming all around; it looks like a real theater you would see a broadway show in. Just compare this theater with some of the stages you might find in California Adventure This show is an example of what makes TDS such an amazing park. No money was sparred in the making of this theater. I think the songs are very well sung, and yes I have heard many of the originals. The show benefits from a few cast members that are in quite a few of the numbers with strong voices, and there are also some great dance numbers as well. Many of the young, Japanese girls do fall asleep in the comfortable chairs because they are not interested, but the older folks go crazy with applause. This is the closest they've ever been to seeing a broadway play and they love it. I think it's a must see.

Olivier, Mystic Rhythms is another TDS show that doesn't feature Disney characters.

• Banned User

..and That one is a stunning presentation!

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLurker
    Olivier, Mystic Rhythms is another TDS show that doesn't feature Disney characters.
    Yet another show that I could rave about, but I will just say, it's brilliant. It was also changed a little while ago that gave it an even more spectacular ending.

• Sea Creature

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/american_w...core/index.htm
    Forgot about this. Read this as well. I totally agree with the guy except that he says you need to wait in line for a long time to get in, I have never had to wait in line.

• Banned User

Only in the first couple of years and during crowded days... you had to arrive there about 45 mins before showtime. Now a days... no. You can walk in 5 mins before showtime and get a seat.

• Main Street Maniac

Encore! was one of the best show I have ever seen in a disney theme park!

And the most amazing thing was that I usually skip shows as I find most of them quite lame and uninspiring (especially the ones with characters) and I decided to visit it because I was waiting to use my fastpass on another attraction and there were cast members kindly inviting guests. So I thought: "At least some air conditioning!"...

Well, as the rest of the park, Encore! was simply amazing: the theatre itself is wonderful, no cheap structures but real architecture and the show was true good ol' days broadway musical folies: smoke effects, sparkling lights, mirrors, curved stairs... I felt I was watching a show in "real" 30's New York

... ...I miss TDS so much
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

• meganmegaphone

That is so cool! It even looks like a "broadway" type production should! It kinda makes me want to break out into song & dance lol

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Only in the first couple of years and during crowded days... you had to arrive there about 45 mins before showtime. Now a days... no. You can walk in 5 mins before showtime and get a seat.
    However.... "Encore" shows this past week were at near capacity due to the special "Xmas in New York" finale, which plays during the "Harborside Christmas" event...so for anyone going to TDS... arrive early for "Encore!", no later than 45 mins before showtime.

• Sea Creature

.... and what would you say about the special Harborside Christmas version? Good, Bad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast