Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tokyo Disney auditions question

I hear during the audition (if you get past the dancing) they have you do character improv. If I go in and act like Peter Pan (even though I'm in the prince height range) will it ruin my chances? I just think acting like him would give me more of a chance to be wild and colorful in my performance and show them how well I can get into character. Should I just do it as a prince to play it safe?

• De la Terre la Luke

Re: Tokyo Disney auditions question

I say go for it, if you feel like you could do a good job as Peter Pan, and give it your all then they'll enjoy it.

I went to the Tokyo Disneyland auditions in London last week, however I didn't get through to the 3rd stage so I can't tell you what to expect!
    Good Luck, and let us know how you get on

• Banned User

No one taller than 5' 5" will be hired to play Peter Pan. I would not bother doing something that would not get me hired. bank on your capabilities and what you can offer the resort's entertainment division and quality, as opposed to what you think you can do "for whim". And remember.. TDLFAN will be rating your performance on stage if you get hired.

Are any of the villains face characters at TDR? The only ones I can think of are some of the females, unfortunately. If there is a male one that might be a good showcase for you.

Thanks for the tips. I think I'm just going to stick with auditioning as a prince. Going to watch Sleeping Beauty tomorrow

Hey Luke would you be able to supply a rundown of the stages you went through? Just so I'm extra prepared?

• De la Terre la Luke

Sure

Basically at the audition there were just under 300 people. We were separated into groups of 60 by our audition numbers.

When it was time for my batch of 60 to audition, we were taught a routine to some parade music, it was fairly easy to pick up. Once we'd gone over that a few time the group was separated into 2. Now each group would perform the dance whilst the other watched, this happened about 3 times. Then in groups of 4, we had to dance in front of the judging table. After everyone had danced, the judges called the numbers of the people they wanted to stay, which led into the second round...

In the second round we had to learn the second part of the dance and combine it with the original routine we had learnt. For this, the room was separated into boys and girls, with a female choreographer teaching the girls, and a male teaching the boys. The boys were separated in 2 and each of those groups would have to perform the routine either as Peter Pan, or a Prince. The girls had the choice of either Alice/Wendy or a Princess. We were told what to do in order to make ourselves appear as the different characters, e.g. hand movements, posture etc.

After practicing the routine some more, groups of 4 would then perform the routine for the judges once again. After everyone had danced the numbers were called of the people they wanted to take through to the next round. Unfortunately I wasn't put through to the next stage, so I can't tell you what happens there I'm afraid!

The most important advise I would give you, is have fun! They really want to see your personality, if you mess up a dance step, don't worry, just smile through it and carry on! Good luck

well that sounds easy enough. who did you want to audition for?

• De la Terre la Luke

I would have preferred to audition as a Prince in the second round, but was put on the Peter Pan side. Even though I didn't get through, it was really valuable experience and made me more confident about the audition process. I went along to a Disneyland Paris audition the following day, and got through! I'm now on their waiting list for the next 6 months, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed I'll get a call soon!

Wow thats awesome good luck on that!

Final question: I know theres a Luke Skywalker character at Disneyworld and they have an Indiana Jones at Tokyo so is there Luke Skywalker in Tokyo as well? If so I think I'd have that role in the bag

• Banned User

There are no Star Wars live characters at TDR anywhere, except for those AA's you see in the queue for Star Tours and the ride's film. The only time we saw Luke at TDL was during the opening ceremonies for the ride back in 1989 and on the special event castle show that played that summer "Space Fantasy", and that was it! I don't think George Lucas' company has licenced the Star War characters to OLC, except for those seen in the ride's experience and Indy Jones. However, there has been several CMs (very good looking may I add..) who play Indiana Jones' meet and greet in Lost River Delta from time to time.

do they usually pick older guys to play indy? Even though I don't look all too much like him I think it would be really awesome

what would be a good thing to wear to a dance and face character audition. i've gotten some mixed advice. im a ballerina so im used to tights and a leotard and am not familiar with any commercial auditions. im auditioning this monday and wensday in L.A. also i heard you couldn't do two auditions, like what im doing, is that true??? and im totally lost on who to be for a face character, im 5'3''. opinions??

Does anyone have any information on the singing auditions? I was wondering if we were allowed to bring Fake book accompaniments.

Hi

I auditioned for a character role in Melbourne about a month ago. I got through all the stages and was measured for costumes and also taken through where we would live, tavel, pay etc. They told us they'd let us know if our audition was successful in late April/Early May... I still haven't heard anything. Do they let you know if you weren't successful? How long did you guys have to wait?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast