Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• This $pace for $ale

Is the popcorn really that good?

I have seen threads about all the various types of popcorn that they have at TDS. Does anyone know what flavors they have....and more importantly, how do they justify selling it in a souvenier bucket for over $35 us?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• Banned User

Re: Is the popcorn really that good?

First up, you got the wrong info. Popcorn buckets are on average 1,200-1,500 yen, which translate into about $13-16. The only bucket that sells for more than that is the current Duffy "wicker basket" which is very ornated. That one sells for about $25. You can always bring back the buckets on future visits and have them refilled to the top unlimited times by a fraction of the price, and I believe the refill cost is about $8. Currently, there are about 8-10 different styles of popcorn buckets featuring events, characters, attractions, etc.

Some of the popcorn flavors now on sale at Tokyo Disney Resort are (but not limited to) capuccino, honey, strawberry, black pepper, coconut, milk tea, curry, caramel, sea salt...etc. And YES, they are very tasty and worth every penny/yen.

It must be good, the lines for popcorn are as huge as the ride lines!! Which is why I didn't partake, but next time....

Honestly, I don't know that the popcorn is really that good. But, it's just part of the whole Tokyo Disney experience. The way they theme the popcorn to the area of the park + the unique flavors + the cool souvenir buckets. Nobody but Disney!

• You have much to learn...

I've tried many of the flavors & all are pretty good- the buckets are very nice and ornate as well. I was disappointed my last trip that they didn't seem to have the coconut popcorn any more- unless they just moved it to another location.

The one gripe I have about the popcorn though- I'm not a really big popcorn fan, but somehow I've notice that the popcorn I get in the Japan parks has much more of the skins from the corn kernals that get stuck on the back of your tongue that you can't get off- This pretty much drives me crazy- but the flavors are still great.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    First up, you got the wrong info. Popcorn buckets are on average 1,200-1,500 yen, which translate into about $13-16. The only bucket that sells for more than that is the current Duffy "wicker basket" which is very ornated. That one sells for about $25. You can always bring back the buckets on future visits and have them refilled to the top unlimited times by a fraction of the price, and I believe the refill cost is about $8. Currently, there are about 8-10 different styles of popcorn buckets featuring events, characters, attractions, etc.

Some of the popcorn flavors now on sale at Tokyo Disney Resort are (but not limited to) capuccino, honey, strawberry, black pepper, coconut, milk tea, curry, caramel, sea salt...etc. And YES, they are very tasty and worth every penny/yen.
    Wow! All of these popcorn flavors sound so yummy!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Too bad DL in Anaheim doesn't offer a wider variety of popcorn flavors. A couple Christmases ago, they did have chocolate flavored popcorn that was terrific! Some of the other flavors in TDL sound great!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

It was alright, although I am not so fond of popcorn already, and when you mix sweet and salty together, it is just, ewww

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

You dont always have to buy the popcorn bucket you can just buy the popcorn in a regular basket... for somewhere around 400yen ,TDLfan probably knows the exact amount.
    My personal favorites are Strawberry , Honey and Chocalate the sea salt is pretty good 2

• Established 2005

Curry popcorn!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    You dont always have to buy the popcorn bucket you can just buy the popcorn in a regular basket... for somewhere around 400yen ,TDLfan probably knows the exact amount.
    380 yen if I recall.

• Loves Mickey!

380 yen if I recall.
    300 yen

Cappuccino popcorn is sadly gone and so is coconut. The milk tea is really good though especially the smell!!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    300 yen

Cappuccino popcorn is sadly gone and so is coconut. The milk tea is really good though especially the smell!!
    thats right , it was strange Universal osaka was 400 yen for bad popcorn and it was 300 yen at TDR for great popcorn

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The honey, black pepper and tea milk flavors sound awesome.

And I want to try that sea salt ice cream if I ever get my butt out to TDS.

Talking Re: Is the popcorn really that good?

When I went to TDS I got my niece a Marie/Aristocats one with Strawberry flavor. She loved it and still uses the bucket for various things.

On the other hand I did get a lot of strange looks on the train coming back carrying it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast