Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Loves Mickey!

NEW! Jasmine's Magic Carpets coming to TDS

In Arabian Coast a new ride is announced called Jasmine's Flying carpets.

Asahi article and picture

Re: Stupid new ride

its a spinner, used to fill in gaps for dead areas of a park. Not meant to be a huge addition but they are usually quite popular with families. as long as they theme it nice its not the end of everything

Yes! We shall defeat those evil "imagination" bastards! Onwards with derivity and cloning!
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• Hello Dolly.

The fountain in the middle of the spinner is looks very nice.
    As long as its somewhere to the side and not distracting to the beautiful Arabian Coast theme, it looks good.

Looks a lot like the Magic Carpets from WDW and Paris. My kids would enjoy it.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

• Banned User

OLC is making me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Yes! We shall defeat those evil "imagination" bastards! Onwards with derivity and cloning!
    I know when you first came everyone was acting sarcastic and what not, but seriously, enough is enough. You do not need to be sarcastic ALL the time.

• Loves Mickey!

The best thing that land ever had was the bonfire dance. Now there will never be any more shows there with this attraction in the middle of everything. We were just saying the other day how they need something in the back side of the park because all the shows and big attractions are towards the front and middle so we rarely go back there but this will not do it. It just will mean we don't need to go to that land so much because there is no show to draw people.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    The best thing that land ever had was the bonfire dance. Now there will never be any more shows there with this attraction in the middle of everything. We were just saying the other day how they need something in the back side of the park because all the shows and big attractions are towards the front and middle so we rarely go back there but this will not do it. It just will mean we don't need to go to that land so much because there is no show to draw people.
    I agree, that was my 2nd thought. First was "Oh crap, is OLC turning into WDC." Then I came to my senses. My 2nd thought was "No more Bonfire Dance!?!?!?" Very saddening news. Definitely a huge blow to the land. Atleast it looks very well detailed but this is NOT what is needed to attract more people to the back of the park.

• Loves Mickey!

Look at American waterfront now which has ToT, Broadway Music theater, Soon Midway Mania, the area to set of the stage for the big stage shows like Halloween and Christmas, Turtle Talk. Restaurants including Sakura, the buffet, Teddy Roosevelt lounge, S.S. Columbia restaurant. Then Cape cod is also part of it with Duffy merchandise insanity and character greeting, another restaurant and soon the My Friend Duffy show. At Christmas you can meet Santa and Mrs. Clause in American waterfront. It's just really unbalanced right now!

Here is where it is going:

The materials/craftsmanship will be key. This artwork isn't that promising. Hope it is up to Arabian Coast standards, not plasticy/cheap-looking like parts of MK's version.

Not sure if it's worth losing one of these detailed hidden corners for a spinner:

above pics by Marc Borelli via Laughingplace.com Tokyo DisneySea Tour - Part 10, Arabian Coast, - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More

• Loves Mickey!

Oh! that is not so bad then... but I still wished they would put something better in the space!

Thanks RandySavage!

Edit: Actually it's kind of smart because it will bring attention to Sindbad. Sorry the the thread title! I guess it can always be replace with something better later.

i am sure they had that area already planned for something small. That space does not seem large enough for anything else.

Hopefully the detail will amazing and the landscaping top notch.

At OLC's Press Release, I also see that they named the new Cinderella walk through "Cinderella's Royal Hall".

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20100317_01e.pdf

• Loves Mickey!

If it brings people to the Sindbad attraction it will have been a really good move because there is almost never a line even after they redid it and it's such a nice attraction. The only time we saw the line go to 15-20 minutes was during Halloween when it was super crowded in the park.

• Minion

This may be just a spinner but like everything else at DisneySea, it looks beautifully detailed, and is thematically very appropriate.

Contrast to the Carpets spinner at the Magic Kingdom, which I detest.

Am sad it won't be complete by next spirng...which is when I am hoping to visit.
    Down with the Hat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast