Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Tom Staggs visits Tokyo Disney Resort

The Disney Parks Blog has posted some pictures up from Parks Chairman Tom Staggs recent around the world trip. He even managed to make a stop in Tokyo and he can be seen with a group of Disney execs visiting the Mediterranean Harbour. The Blog also states that apparently Tom had the time to try all eight different popcorn flavours.

New Chairman Visits Disney Parks Around the World Disney Parks Blog

I would love to know what Tom was thinking when he visited DisneySea after or before witnessing the construction of Toy Story Playland. Anyone care to speculate what was being discussed in that Mediterranean Harbour picture, the new Fantasmic perhaps.

• World Traveler

Re: Tom Staggs visits Tokyo Disney Resort

Lucky guy!

• Established 2005

Gonna try my hand at telepathy:

. . .bring. . .flavored. . .popcorn. . .over. . .here. . .

• Loves Mickey!

It said he tried all the popcorn! Maybe he will!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Gonna try my hand at telepathy:

. . .bring. . .flavored. . .popcorn. . .over. . .here. . .
    to heck with the popcorn (you ain't dreaming big enough! )

Bring TDS and a castle as unique as the one in DLP to Anaheim!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    to heck with the popcorn (you ain't dreaming big enough! )

Bring TDS and a castle as unique as the one in DLP to Anaheim!
    Are you saying to rip the Sleeping Beauty Castle out and replace it. I can see the reaction from the Disneyland board now, website banners will quickly spring up with Save the Castle campaign, after the huge suscess of the Save the Rainforest

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, the castle thing would be a big problem. It's an icon. The only thing they could to would be to make that same castle bigger, by using more forced perspective and using the exact same design. Besides, the footprint couldn't really be expanded to the scope of WDW, TDL, or DLP, because it's just too small. Fantasyland is right up against it, and the moat is pretty small...there just isn't the land available to make a much bigger castle. Malin is right though, you think the fans were upset at the Small World changes??

• Established 2005

I said telepathy. . .not blue sky dreaming!

Popcorn = attainable. TDS = a dream is a wish. . .

• Banned User

Tom Staggs is in the position to makes the changes we desparently would like to see. I think wanting DisneySea and Disneyland Paris style castles is unlikely to happen as Jay Rasulo agreed all upcoming attractions for the next 2-4 years before swapping jobs with Tom. If Tom wants to leave his mark on the Disney Parks he needs to start improving the overall Guest experience, taking a few ideas from the Tokyo Disney Resort wouldn't hurt, and I like how his recent promotional photo shoots have centered on meeting Cast Members who are the heart and soul of the parks. New attractions and shows are great and all that, but its the small details that matter more, and I hope Tom can work on improving this, especially at WDW, adding more flavours of popcorn would be a good start though.

Just bring the flavored popcorn to DCA... it's a great way to separate itself from Disneyland... and simple plus cheap

• Established 2005

Curry! Curry! Curry!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Are you saying to rip the Sleeping Beauty Castle out and replace it. I can see the reaction from the Disneyland board now, website banners will quickly spring up with Save the Castle campaign, after the huge suscess of the Save the Rainforest
    NO! not at all! I'm saying for a 3rd park in the DLR, (I'm thinking BIG, again!) either that OR make a new castle part of DCA in one form or another. DCA needs all the help it can get. And there's not a heck of a lot that I'm THAT attached to in DCA.

DL castle is something that should just about be a national historic landmark (except that then DL would need too much approval, to do anything with it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Tom Staggs is in the position to makes the changes we desparently would like to see. I think wanting DisneySea and Disneyland Paris style castles is unlikely to happen as Jay Rasulo agreed all upcoming attractions for the next 2-4 years before swapping jobs with Tom. If Tom wants to leave his mark on the Disney Parks he needs to start improving the overall Guest experience, taking a few ideas from the Tokyo Disney Resort wouldn't hurt, and I like how his recent promotional photo shoots have centered on meeting Cast Members who are the heart and soul of the parks. New attractions and shows are great and all that, but its the small details that matter more, and I hope Tom can work on improving this, especially at WDW, adding more flavours of popcorn would be a good start though.
    Well, it's not like Jay Rasulo didn't mess up on some of the stuff he did. (like no DL parade, and no DL 55th celebration!!!! and having to push the nonsensical celebrations, especially immediately after the 50th! ) Nor should we be stuck with his bad decisions he made for the next 4 years.

In fact, it might be good for Tom to make sure some some of that crap doesn't continue. And certainly Tom would be responsible to make some long term goals for the resort, and that could very include plans for a 3rd theme park in Anaheim.

To not make long term plans is irresponsible, and to say otherwise, is irresponsible as well.

Yes, if there are some small things that can be done to improve things on the short term (like the popcorn thing) that would be worth considering. And things like supporting cast member loyalty is Always (with a capital "A") Important, glad that Tom did that.

But LONG Term goals are just as important. Some previous Disney management didn't consider All that's important in achieving long term goals. That's just one of the things that should be learned from the eisner regime.

• Banned User

DCA needs all the help it can get. And there's not a heck of a lot that I'm THAT attached to in DCA.
    I agree a bit with what your saying, but I feel the upcoming changes for DCA look really good, and most of it will meet the standard found over in Tokyo. In fact we must not forget that World of Colour is considered for DisneySea not to long a go.

Well, it's not like Jay Rasulo didn't mess up on some of the stuff he did. (like no DL parade, and no DL 55th celebration!!!! and having to push the nonsensical celebrations, especially immediately after the 50th! ) Nor should we be stuck with his bad decisions he made for the next 4 years.
    Can you really put the blame on no 55th Anniversary down to Jay, after all does he really have that much involvement in the day to day running. I had always thought that was the job of the Disneyland President, who at the time was Ed Gier or something like that.

• Banned User

What I think is funny is very few ideas of TDR is rubbing off the American parks, but apparently the American parks, especially DCA is rubbing off on the Tokyo parks.

In the future, TDS will get:

-Crush

-TSM

-Fantasmic (and as someone said, ALMOST got WOC anyway)

-Mickey's Philharmagic

-Alladin spinner thingy

Nearly half of those came from DCA alone. I dont know if this is a good or bad sign for TDR. Obviously they have transplanted many rides from the other parks, especially TDL. But TDS started off with nearly every ride and show completely original and now it has fallen to getting DLR scrapsf for the most part.

Hell Tom Staggs might be there not to get new ideas from them, but to push the next version of Magical on them instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast