• TDR... It gets the love!!

BraviSEAmo to close sooner?

Hi everyone- it is very likely that we will be going to Tokyo Disney Sea in late September, and really want to see BraviSEAmo. I know that it is being closed on November 13th to make way for Fantasmic... but on the official site it says "This show will not be presented FROM September 3rd"- I'm confused because it then says the show will stop November 13... can anyone confirm if BraviSEAmo will be operating around 23-28 of September? Thanks!
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

Re: BraviSEAmo to close sooner?

I posted the following on a different thread:

It's another mistake on the English site. It should read ON September 3rd, not FROM September 3rd.

On September 3rd, the park closes at 6:30pm. It's not dark enough to do the show. So, they may be having a CM/VIP preview of the "Finale" version to be publicly performed from the next day (TDS's 9th Anniversary) to November 13th.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Wait a minute how did this news escape me, the park is hosting a finale version of BraviSEAmo in September.

In regards to Anniversary's has anyone heard when TDS plans to kick off its 10th, seeing that for the 5th, it started around Summer time?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Wait a minute how did this news escape me, the park is hosting a finale version of BraviSEAmo in September.
    It's the current rumor floating around.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

I hope they do a Sayonara BraviSEAmo blu-ray!!!

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Thanks for everyones help! But in late September does that mean they will have a new "Finale" version of the show playing? It wouldn't be just the end part of what is playing at the moment though...
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• Resident of the Caldera

They will have the entire show. "Finale version" does not mean that they are just performing the finale of the show, but that a new version of the show will be performed because this is the finale SEASON for the show before it closes.

• Membre

How sad. BraviSEAmo was such a fantastic show.

• Banned User

Olivier dear.. problem is that not everyone is as sophisticated (and in your case, gorgeous) as most french folks are, and they do not appreciate nor understand this type of abstract and nouveau art type of spectacle. Reason why BraviSEAmo! has not resonated as strongly as OLC had hoped, opting for the more subdued and less sophisticated form of entertainment that simple American minds can appreciate, because it's all presented at face value, rather than making you think. Comprendez-moi?

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Olivier dear.. problem is that not everyone is as sophisticated (and in your case, gorgeous) as most french folks are, and they do not appreciate nor understand this type of abstract and nouveau art type of spectacle. Reason why BraviSEAmo! has not resonated as strongly as OLC had hoped, opting for the more subdued and less sophisticated form of entertainment that simple American minds can appreciate, because it's all presented at face value, rather than making you think. Comprendez-moi?
    !!!
    When I saw the show it was very crowded around the Mediterranean Harbor, and the show was very much applaused. I didn't feel any disappointment among japanese people around (considering the major audience in TDR is japanese).
    Anyway I feel sad.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    !!!
    When I saw the show it was very crowded around the Mediterranean Harbor, and the show was very much applaused. I didn't feel any disappointment among japanese people around (considering the major audience in TDR is japanese).
    Anyway I feel sad.
    Well.. if you need comforting, just come to papa.

• Membre

D'accord.

I guess I'll never have the chance to see this wonferful show again.

• Resident of the Caldera

I'm glad they're dumping it. Just a lot of abstract weirdness masquerading as sophistication. All surface, no depth. It's fun to watch once or twice just for the jaw-dropping aspect: my friends who've seen it all have the same reaction ... "Did I just see fire and water do a mating dance and then screw?"

Unfortunately, yes.

Bring on Fantasmic!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

While I'll be sad to see the show go, I do feel its had its time. Tokyo DisneySea has opened two regular night time shows since its opening back in Sept 01. Both have recieved mix responses. Fantasmic has always been the show the park should of gone with, but the OLC were too stubborn and wanted something more unique. Both attempts have failed, so its finally giving in and giving us a show that will rival TDL's Dreamlights.

BraviSEAmo has a beautiful score but the execution of the show was way too long-winded in my opinion. BraviSEAmo was a good show despite its flaws, but it was also not the sort of show, people would visit the park to see. If you were visiting for the day, yeah you would wait around to catch the show, but how many people purchased after 6 passports, or visited the park after work especially to see this show. Fantasmic on the other hand has the popularity and draw to acheive this, if its done right.