Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

re: Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks’ Notice: Bonus Day @ Disney + Trip Finally Ends!!!

Great report so far! Add me to the list of people that like the small details. It's making me wish we had more of a chance to spend time in non-Disney Japan on our upcoming trip.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

Great read... to me foreign Airlines are way better. All I have to say is you need to experience Singapore Airlines.... I was in economy, but felt like I was in first class.

I would definitely pay more if I have too...first time I have ever felt excited for a plane ride home

btw McDonalds in Japan is way better than in America... it just seems fresher.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    Great read... to me foreign Airlines are way better. All I have to say is you need to experience Singapore Airlines.... I was in economy, but felt like I was in first class.
    Obviously you need to get out more often. Singapore Air is a decent airline with a young fleet of state of the art planes like the A380, but the service I received from them some time ago on a flight from Frankfurt to JFK was not all that great, and neither were their meals. If you want to have a superb Economy Class service that rivals what our US carriers offer in international business class cabins, then look no further than Emirates Air. In regards to this trip report, I have to say that I was taken aback by how bad that economy class meal tray looks on that photo the poster showed. Its Way below what I would expect from Japan Airlines, and more in tune with the crappy meals the US carriers serve on those routes. Then again, JAL is operating under chapter 11, and they are hooked with those loosers at AA in their One World alliance.. so I should not be surprised.

• We Go On.

If this TR doesn't make the round-up, I don't know what will. Awesome report so far, and there hasn't even been any Disney yet!

• Pilot EdForceOne

When given the chance to fly a United operated flight or Lufthansa.. I take Lufthansa whenever possible United has the nice upgraded 767s now - but unless you're paying for business, they're tough to get. I think those planes alone are why United changed their upgrade policies last summer. The foreign carriers are just so much nicer on the International legs then even their US partners flying the same routes.

That said.. I'll be in Economy Plus for about 10hrs on saturday :/
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Try flying on Lufthansa's A340-600's next time. Their 767 will feel as special as flying an old DC9 on Delta's fleet.

• The Darkness to Light

The picture of the airport terminal upon your arrival scared me a bit. Not enough to reconsider making the trip out there, but it still intimidated me.

Can't wait to see the rest!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    The picture of the airport terminal upon your arrival scared me a bit. Not enough to reconsider making the trip out there, but it still intimidated me.

You'll be fine! It's not nearly as complicated as it looks - and might not even be that busy. When we arrived in 2006 it was pretty empty. You'll also find it easy to figure out where you need to go. We found so many people willing to help us on our way
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mellywil View Post
    You'll be fine! It's not nearly as complicated as it looks - and might not even be that busy. When we arrived in 2006 it was pretty empty. You'll also find it easy to figure out where you need to go. We found so many people willing to help us on our way
    That is so true about the airport in Narita and also about Japan in general. Plus, the folks in japanese customs and immigration are much more pleasant and polite to deal with than the white trash that got hired from unemployment pools byt the fed goverment to staff the US' TSA and Custom/Immigration depts.

So Zeek, stop being silly and get those unfounded fears out of your head. That is an order young man!!!

• The Darkness to Light

Don't worry. My growing number of friends in Japan is helping me with that in ways you would never know.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post

It did the opposite for me. Considering my 3 airports are JFK, Laguardia, and Newark, Narita looks pretty easy, in my opinion. I guess I'm already used to insane crowds and confusing terminals...especially at JFK.

• Banned User

I feel bad for you Gurgi. The 3 NYC area airports are the absolute worst airports ever built and operated. Reason why they are constantly in the bottom of many travelers' satisfaction surveys. NYC should be ashamed of having such bad airports in relation to other landmark cities in the World. Bad bad bad.

• You have much to learn...

I agree with you there about NYC airports- I almost always fly out of Newark since I got fed up with La Guardia & it's just as bad.

• The Darkness to Light

On my flight home from Italy several years back, I had to go through Customs at JFK. Talk about a frustrating and messed up terminal! Let's just say I now understand how the terrorists were able to get on those planes, and I'll just leave it at that.

• Loves Mickey!

What a fun trip report! I love that you cover everything and with lots of photo's looking forward to seeing more!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast