• You have much to learn...

Summer & Christmas events

I don't recall if this may have been posted in another thread, but I was fooling around with the official site and they have dates and names now of a few of the upcoming events.

7/8-8/31 in TDL is something called "Midsummer Nights Panic"

The other summer events are the same as last year Cool Service, Bon Fire Dance, Cool the Heat, etc

9/9-10/31 is "Disney's Halloween" at both parks

11/8-12/25 TDL has the usual "Christmas Fantasy", but TDS now has a new promotion called "Christmas Wishes"

So I guess Harborside Christmas is gone along with Candlelight Reflections

I don't know when the site was updated, but I just found out about it today.

I can't wait to hear more about them.

Re: Summer & Christmas events

This is just another random thought- since many of the promotions seem to run a few months- I'm surprised the Christmas events only run a little short of two months- they seem to be popular enough as it is- I'm surprised they don't run a few more weeks into at least mid- January, then lead into the next promotion.

I know by extending it a bit, it may cause big problems with the New Years event, which I know is very popular- but I think by extending Christmas a few weeks would give a boost for the first few weeks of January & still run the New Years events the week following Christmas anyway. But, it's just a thought and don't think they would actually do it.

• Banned User

It won't work, because in japan, the new year's holiday is a big deal culturally. OLC would never ditch their own japanese cultural holiday for some Xmas celebration that is adopted from the western hemisphere, me thinks.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing very interested by what Midsummer Nights Panic is all about?

Also good to see Halloween starts on the 9th, as it means I won't miss a second of the action when I visit the following week.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Thanks for sharing very interested by what Midsummer Nights Panic is all about?

Also good to see Halloween starts on the 9th, as it means I won't miss a second of the action when I visit the following week.

Midsummer Nights Panic is a Stitch event. I don't think they will extend Christmas either because it wouldn't make sense to do it here.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Midsummer Nights Panic is a Stitch event.
    Interesting, as only last month I was asking myself what had happen to Stitch, as his presence was much more low key than I had seen it in the past, although he was still out in the park and represented in Jubilation and that terrible Tiki Room show. But since than he's been featured in the Easter Parade and now this upcoming Summer Show, so its good to see him being featured more in the Parks seasonal entertainment. Midsummer Nights Panic sounds a bit like a follow up to the popular Lilo's & Stitch's Big Panic: Find Stitch! event from a few years back.

I sort of doubted they would ever extend the Christmas season as well, even though I was hoping- I was just figuring since they are currently running Easter thru the end of June- which makes no sense to many of us here, but may make some sense out in Japan-that they may consider running the Christmas events longer since the first few weeks of January are usually slower than the rest of the year & extending by a few weeks, would boost attendance figures.

I know that even though Christmas isn't a real big celebration for the Japanese, the Christmas events at the parks look very well received and popular all the times I've been there.

If figured if they somehow ever did try to extend the event by a few weeks, I really don't see it interfering with the New Year festivities, they could always just overlap the two- but I know that is just my wishful thinking.