Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• You have much to learn...

Re: Duffy & Shellie May's new "Hello from Cape Cod" costumes

I'm wondering too why they don't always just order more of certain outfits- It seems like the basic ones are still available. I can understand them not having Holiday related ones all year long- but it would make it easier for those who don't visit the parks as often.

Being that a lot of things seem to sell out so quickly- I'm surprised that they don't order larger quantities of them-if they did re-order larger stock- it would benefit them in the long run, unless they actually do order only a certain supply to create a demand for Duffy.

Believe me- I've been there and have seen the frenzy when they have new releases and know just how quickly things can sell out in TDR.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    It looks like the new merchandise is out- Pics posted at DeepDisney. I wonder now how long it will last.
    I think it will last a while this time. There is not as many people buying as usual and really no need for the third store at this point. The first day I went to go buy some things for DuffyDad and the mini's for myself and thought the lines were so short because of the rain even though it was the first day for new merchandise. But I went today which was sunny and a holiday and the line at Aunt Peg's was so short I jumped in to get a ticket which took like 3 minutes and I could use it to go in at noon 2 hours later. We were there an hour after opening so we did not get to TDS early or anything.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Do you think it has anything to do with the new ticket system? Maybe the lines aren't as crazy because they give you a return time like a fastpass?

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Do you think it has anything to do with the new ticket system? Maybe the lines aren't as crazy because they give you a return time like a fastpass?
    Definitely not, if it was popular the tickets would have run out or been for much later in the evening. It's the second day of release and the first day of low turn out could be because of the awful weather but not today. It might be because of the My Friend Duffy show maybe. That's another thing they don't need to waste cast on because there is not really demand.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Maybe Duffy's reached his peak at last and the novelty has started to settle down. The new show may of been for many the final straw. Duffy talking, Shellie May and a new walk around character costume might be for some, too many changes at once, this was certainly DuffyDad's recent frustration. I certainly think he should of never been given a voice, and in a way its taken away quite a lot of his innocence. But on the bright side if ichigopara's report from the park is anything to go by, looks like we got the quiet Cape Cod back.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Maybe Duffy's reached his peak at last and the novelty has started to settle down. The new show may of been for many the final straw. Duffy talking, Shellie May and a new walk around character costume might be for some, too many changes at once, this was certainly DuffyDad's recent frustration. I certainly think he should of never been given a voice, and in a way its taken away quite a lot of his innocence. But on the bright side if ichigopara's report from the park is anything to go by, looks like we got the quiet Cape Cod back.
    I suppose this could be true. Ichigopara, what are your friends saying about the changes? Do you think the Japanese fans are "over" Duffy, or at least less likely to buy every single thing like they used to? Could it be the insanity over Shellie May that turned on the light bulb for many people? I just find it interesting that the Shellie insanity was a few months ago, and now we have a new costume series that includes her, and the crowds are light. It's a sign of something, but I don't know what.

• Loves Mickey!

You know I haven't really discussed it with my Japanese friends because my feelings have become apathetic to the whole thing. Today there was no line or tickets for Duffy it seems and McDucks was filled with merchandise. I can't describe the feeling well but I still like Duffy and May-chan and would buy the products if they are nice but what they did with the show and the new character design is unappealing to me so it's not worth it to put so much effort into shopping for the goods. The people who are crazy about it are so aggressive when they shop that it's also a big turn off.

Obviously there are more crowds and lines on the weekends and holiday periods- On slower days I can see there not really being a mad rush for Duffy merchandise.

I recall last year meeting DuffyDad at about 8am at the gates of TDS- he was second on line, so he was already there for a few hours as it was- We were actually there since they were releasing the Halloween outfits and mini plush that had sold out a few weeks earlier & we wanted to get them before they sold out again.

It also happened to be the same day that Talk Turtle with Crush was opening- DuffyDad told us he would run straight to Aunt Pegs & we would go to see if fastpass was avail for Crush- but there weren't any- we didn't know that at the time.

When the park opened, the madness begun. I couldn't run since I was having a problem with my ankle & knew if I did run, I would most likely not even make it past McDucks without passing out. So we took our time getting there- When we met DuffyDad at Aunt Pegs- I think it was him and about 4 other people in the shop. This was a surprise since he thought the line would be out the door. So we were done in a few minutes. But you never know what to expect.

So it can really be a hit or miss with Duffy releases- but those who visit more frequently, do really line up at the gates several hours before park opening on any new releases.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

What is Duffy and Shellie Mae? A bear? I don't get it.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Yes, they are Bears- just look at Gurgi's avatar photo in earlier posts.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

What is the appeal here? Why are people runnning out in droves to buy Teddy Bears... there must be some gimmick to them. Are they part of an attraction? What's the deal.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The sailor outfits look really cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the outfits in person and picking up Shellie May. I kinda wish I could exchange the extra Duffy Bear I bought since I don't need two of the same. My OCDness tells me I need 2 Shellie Mays to balance out 2 Duffys. xD

Hi!

I'm new to the Boards, but I'm a big Duffy fan. I finally had a chance to pick him up myself when we went to Tokyo this last March, and the Cape Cod outfit is the one I was able to get.

Sadly, at the time, no other outfits were available (except the skirt, of course).

I found this forum when I googled Duffy, and had to wonder...does anyone know of a good Duffy fan site, or other location where Duffy fans might hang out? I'm finding it difficult to find information on his retired outfits.

Also, I'm looking for someone who lives in or visits Japan more frequently than we do that might be interested in setting up a trade relationship. I'd love to have some other costumes for Duffy. I'm WDW based, so maybe that could factor in...

Thanks for any info, and thanks for the thread...this stuff is interesting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12