Good One-Day Plan of Attack for Tokyo Disney Sea?

Hey, all! I've been casually researching Tokyo Disneyland for a few months now. My family's hoping to travel to Japan in the next few years. My dad's going to Tokyo in a few weeks, though, and he's going to go to Tokyo Disney Sea for a day. He'll have been on business for two weeks at this point, though, so he doesn't want to go commando. He wants to see the highlights, but he mostly wants to wander around, enjoying the theming and the like.

He's planning on visiting the 22nd, a Saturday. I know, I know, not good that it's the weekend, but that's the only day that'll work. I know it will be immensely more crowded, but I'm hoping he can still have a good time.
    So, can anyone tell me some good guidelines? Maybe a 'plan-of-attack'? From my minimal research, I think he'll want to go on Journey to the Center of the Earth, Indiana Jones, and Raging Spirits. What other big attractions should he try to get on? He's fine with playing the FastPass game, but he doesn't want his entire visit to be about riding the rides, since he'll be physically tired by this point in his trip; he wants to just enjoy.

( Also, he's six-foot-four. Will he fit okay on all of the rides? )

Thanks so much, guys. I think he's really looking forward to the trip.
    Last edited by fayt19; 05-06-2010 at 09:22 PM.

• World Traveler

Re: Good One-Day Plan of Attack for Tokyo Disney Sea?

I'm sure others will be able to give more tips, but mine is for him to arrive as early as possible in the day to get the most benefit.

• Banned User

Saturday is usually more crowded at the TDR parks.. especially TDL. With Spring Carnival event going on at this time at TDS, weekend crowds are heavier than usual.
    As Mikelan6 suggested, you have to arrive early... and by early, I mean one hour or so before park opening. Grab a place in line to enter, and as soon as you are in the park..start playing the "fastpass game". While everyone will be running to TOT, my suggestion would be to go straight to 20K, get a fastpass for that ride, then immediately walk next door to JTTCOTE and ride on "standby". After riding JTTCOTE, check to see if you are now able to get a new fastpass.. and if that is the case, then head to Indy. get a Fastpass for Indy, and then return to ride 20k because your time window for riding should be opened by now. After that, keeping track of your times, get a Faspass for TOT. Ride Indy, Later, get a fastpass for Stormrider... etc etc. After the initial rush of walking all over the place to get fastpasses for the premiere rides, it will later afford you the time to take in the lagoon shows, stage shows, other rides and simply absorb the superb theming of the park at will and at a more leisurely pace.

THAT is my advise. Tell dad to make time for Mythica, Big band beat shows, and if he is a romantic, to catch BraviSEAmo, especially since it comes to an end in november.

But remember, the trick to get the most of your time is to get there EARLY.

• You have much to learn...

You had mentioned your dad is 6'4"- I don't know if they will not allow him on some rides, but many of the rides are Japanese sized- so he may be a little cramped.

The two things he should worry about is Journey and possibly Raging Spirits. He should go on 20,000 Leagues, but warn him that he will have to bend down really low to see anything.

My friend is like 5'10" and just about clears the top of his head while riding on Journey.

If he's thin, then he may not have trouble- but if he's overweight, there may be a problem- my friend almost wasn't allowed to ride Raging Spirits since their safety standards are much higher than ours here- he's a little overweight and although he had no trouble getting into the vehicle and was able to pull the safety harness over him and it clicked several times- there was some rule that the bottom of the safety restraint had to be pushed down to a few inches from the bottom of the ride car- and having a big belly- it just wasn't making it- but they did let him ride. I still don't understand it- there was no way he would ever fall out.

Take the advise of TDLFAN for a game plan- I can't suggest much more than that- other than I hope he has a great time while there.

• TDR and Japan fan

I would suggest doing the single rider thing, i think indy and raging spirits has it u pass in a heartbeat
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Resident of the Caldera

The single-rider line at Indy is not reliable in the sense that you never know when it's going to be functioning. I've ridden it on very busy days and then seen it closed on equally busy days. Can't figure out their policy.

There is also single-rider for 20,000 Leagues when it's very busy.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    You had mentioned your dad is 6'4"- I don't know if they will not allow him on some rides, but many of the rides are Japanese sized- so he may be a little cramped.

The two things he should worry about is Journey and possibly Raging Spirits. He should go on 20,000 Leagues, but warn him that he will have to bend down really low to see anything.

My friend is like 5'10" and just about clears the top of his head while riding on Journey.

If he's thin, then he may not have trouble- but if he's overweight, there may be a problem- my friend almost wasn't allowed to ride Raging Spirits since their safety standards are much higher than ours here- he's a little overweight and although he had no trouble getting into the vehicle and was able to pull the safety harness over him and it clicked several times- there was some rule that the bottom of the safety restraint had to be pushed down to a few inches from the bottom of the ride car- and having a big belly- it just wasn't making it- but they did let him ride. I still don't understand it- there was no way he would ever fall out.

Take the advise of TDLFAN for a game plan- I can't suggest much more than that- other than I hope he has a great time while there.
    i am 6ft 3 250 plus and had no problem with Journey, or 20,000 leagues , raging they took me to the back and then allowed me to ride.

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate them.

I'm trying to give him a little "cheat sheet" of the order he should try to get Fastpasses and ride rides. Are there any attractions that DON'T get too crowded? Like I've heard Sinbad usually doesn't have a bad line. Are there any other good middle-of-the-day rides? I understand that there might not be, though, since he's going on a super-crowded Saturday.

The boats that go around the park? they may not be too busy during the day. but i don't know for sure.

I'd also recommend the Little Mermaid show in the area where you go in Triton's Castle.
    Sleeping on Disney sheets...zzz

http://imagineartony.blogspot.com/

Oh, and according to the English website, Journey to the Center of the Earth is closed while my dad's there. Bummer! But I know he'll have a ton of other stuff to enjoy.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I would advise him not to bother with Raging Spirits, its really just a RollerCoaster with some nice theming attached. Certainly not something I would consider taking a FastPass out for or waiting in line for. Remember Fast Passes go quickly and the longer you wait to get one, will be the longer you have to wait until your next one is available.

Unfortunately Journey is out the question,but Tower of Terror should be high on his list, and I would give Sinbad a chance too.

• You have much to learn...

Unless it's not a big line, I really wouldn't recommend Raging Spirits either. I know it's basically the same ride as DLP with different themeing- but after waiting about 30 min- then being pulled off line to be brought back around to the testing area, where it was like watching a circus where 2 little Japanese girls were trying to push the shoulder restraints as far as humanly possible down on my friend.

After that, they said they didn't know if we could ride- then led us back to the attraction-right to the front of the line-placed us in the front car- I had no problem, yet now 4 cast members were seeing how far down they could place the restraints on my friend- I still don't think they were too happy- but they let us go.

Basically- it wasn't worth all the effort. I was never too crazy about the one in DLP and this wasn't any different & I love coasters.

Your dad should ask a cast member to be checked before he gets on line, just to avoid what we had to go thru.

Too bad he's going to miss Journey while he's there- but still the Tower, Indiana Jones, 20,000 leagues, Stormrider & Sinbad shouldn't be missed. Be sure to see Mythica if he's there early enough & Braviseamo at night and the Spring Carnival shows.

He'll enjoy it no matter what though.