Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• TDR... It gets the love!!

The Journey to Disney Sea!

Hi everybody,
    I was just thinking, has anyone actually done the 'walk' from Maihama Station to Tokyo Disney Sea instead of catching the monorail? I'd like to try this, and i've heard it is possible (about 15 min walk). If anyone has, what is the best route to take and are there many roads etc? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if non-Disney hotel guests can use the Disney Express tram from the Ambassador Hotel, and would this affect the time/distance that much? I feel that the monorail ruins it for first timers (who i'd be travelling with), so I'm trying to not go for that option. It's also cheaper!
    Last edited by Exomonia; 05-13-2010 at 02:45 AM.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

Re: The Journey to Disney Sea!

You can take the most direct route, part of which CM's take on their way to work:

Exiting the Maihama Station gates, turn left, you'll see stairs going down towards the bus boarding area. Once on street level go to the nearest signal and cross the intersection.

Turn left and keep going straight past the OLC Main Entrance and under the DRL tracks. At the next intersection, turn right and follow the sidewalk (parallel to the DRL tracks) until you get to the next intersection. Cross the street to the TDS walkway/bicycle way near the taxi/bus boarding area.

For the "scenic" route (through Ikspiari after 10am):

Exiting the station gates, turn left and walk towards the Ikspiari main entrance past the DRL station. Stay on the same floor, keep left and enter the main walkway inside the shopping complex. Follow it all the way until you reach an outdoor plaza area where the Disney Store is located. Continue through the doors to the left of the story and walk past the various indoor shops, boutiques and cinema. It will turn left and you'll see stairs going down, follow them and keep walking until you see a courtyard outside on your right.

Exit to the courtyard and process to the Disney Ambassador Hotel on through an entrance on your left. Once inside, you'll see various restaurants but you want to go down the hall on your right. Continue until you see a merchandise store, to the right is the lobby, go there. Then, exit out the main entrance of the hotel. From there, use the sidewalk on the right and go towards the street. At the nearest crosswalk, move to the other side, where the OLC main entrance is located, and turn right. Then follow the directions in the second paragraph above. :-)
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    EDIT: Also, does anyone know if non-Disney hotel guests can use the Disney Express tram from the Ambassador Hotel, and would this affect the time/distance that much? I feel that the monorail ruins it for first timers (who i'd be travelling with), so I'm trying to not go for that option. It's also cheaper!
    Anyone can use the Disney Resort Cruiser (DRC) busses, just wait in line outside the front of the hotel to the left of the main entrance (when facing out from the lobby).
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I feel that the monorail ruins it for first timers (who i'd be travelling with), so I'm trying to not go for that option.
    Wow really?

This is only an opinion but riding the monorail is I feel a must for first timers. Stepping on the Monorail and seeing all the fun detail like the Mickey shaped windows and the Character statue's, while you ride pass the Resort with Disney music being piped though for me the best way to start the visit to Tokyo DisneySea. Not sure taking the journey on foot pass the service roads is the ideal build up to anyone's first TDS experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    You can take the most direct route, part of which CM's take on their way to work:

Exiting the Maihama Station gates, turn left, you'll see stairs going down towards the bus boarding area. Once on street level go to the nearest signal and cross the intersection.

Turn left and keep going straight past the OLC Main Entrance and under the DRL tracks. At the next intersection, turn right and follow the sidewalk (parallel to the DRL tracks) until you get to the next intersection. Cross the street to the TDS walkway/bicycle way near the taxi/bus boarding area.

For the "scenic" route (through Ikspiari after 10am):

Exiting the station gates, turn left and walk towards the Ikspiari main entrance past the DRL station. Stay on the same floor, keep left and enter the main walkway inside the shopping complex. Follow it all the way until you reach an outdoor plaza area where the Disney Store is located. Continue through the doors to the left of the story and walk past the various indoor shops, boutiques and cinema. It will turn left and you'll see stairs going down, follow them and keep walking until you see a courtyard outside on your right.

Exit to the courtyard and process to the Disney Ambassador Hotel on through an entrance on your left. Once inside, you'll see various restaurants but you want to go down the hall on your right. Continue until you see a merchandise store, to the right is the lobby, go there. Then, exit out the main entrance of the hotel. From there, use the sidewalk on the right and go towards the street. At the nearest crosswalk, move to the other side, where the OLC main entrance is located, and turn right. Then follow the directions in the second paragraph above. :-)
    How long will each of these route take??

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Wow really?

This is only an opinion but riding the monorail is I feel a must for first timers. Stepping on the Monorail and seeing all the fun detail like the Mickey shaped windows and the Character statue's, while you ride pass the Resort with Disney music being piped though for me the best way to start the visit to Tokyo DisneySea. Not sure taking the journey on foot pass the service roads is the ideal build up to anyone's first TDS experience.
    Agreed. stepping on this super monorail for the first time blew me away not to mention checking out all the sights, I rode it around twice just take in the scenery. heck even the parking cones were set up to look like mickey and minnie kissing

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Wow really?

This made me laugh!! I totally agree with you on that one, Malin. But another reason is that the group id be going as is a set tour, so it probably won't include monorail tickets. So I had to keep that in mind. And yeah, everything is nice about the monorail- agreed. But it also gives a backstage look of the park before you step in through the gates! And some people in the group are just expecting an unthemed amusement park, so I thought it could be better as well to step in through the tunnel to see the park spread before them, and then having no idea what the SS Columbia, Tower of Terror or Indiana Jones' backside ( ) looks like before entering the park.
    Last edited by Exomonia; 05-14-2010 at 04:54 AM.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

We did the walk on the first trip. Take my advice.... ride the monorail.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

And some people in the group are just expecting an unthemed amusement park
    Apparently none of them have even see PHOTOS of a Disney park.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Apparently none of them have even see PHOTOS of a Disney park.
    Haha I think that was sarcasm... but unfortunately, correct you are (We're down in isolated Australia )

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    We did the walk on the first trip. Take my advice.... ride the monorail.
    Ok- will take that into consideration thanks!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    How long will each of these route take??
    It will take about 15 minutes or so. But trust me.. take the monorail. However, just for fun, do take the walking route on another day.. It's not a "service road" as someone else suggested. This is a real 4-lane avenue that can be used by anyone driving into the Ambassador hotel, which is located along this road, and as you walk down the sideway, you can appreciate the interesting theming of the hotel and it's lovely gardens alongside the walkway. You can also enjoy the Aquatic park located by the TDS garage parking structure, plus seeing the real gated entrance into the Miracosta, and enjoying the cute TDS archway that sits over the pedetrian entrance... so the walk is not a total lost of time... and no one here will think you are being cheap by skipping the monorail fee...
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-14-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    It will take about 15 minutes or so. But trust me.. take the monorail. However, just for fun, do take the walking route on another day.. It's not a "service road" as someone else suggested. This is a real 4-lane avenue that can be used by anyone driving into the Ambassador hotel, which is located along this road, and as you walk down the sideway, you can appreciate the interesting theming of the hotel and it's lovely gardens alongside the walkway. You can also enjoy the Aquatic park located by the TDS garage parking structure, plus seeing the real gated entrance into the Miracosta, and enjoying the cute TDS archway that sits over the pedetrian entrance... so the walk is not a total lost of time... and no one here will think you are being cheap by skipping the monorail fee...
    Thanks TDLFAN! This is all very useful info- so thanks for everybody's help

• Established 2005

I agree with you on not wanting to spoil the park for yourself or your travel companions. When I would take visitors to the park for their first time, I would either make them walk or turn to face the water when passing TDS on the Resort Line.

Then again, I always make people face away from the monitor during a part of the Soarin' preshow video, as I feel showing what happens in the ride completely gives away the fun and excitement of a first ride.

I say walk it. It is completely doable, but will definitely add to the ticks on your pedometer for the day. Maybe another day, take the Resort Line around the park and try to figure out just how that expansive park fits into its small footprint! Good times.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    Haha I think that was sarcasm... but unfortunately, correct you are (We're down in isolated Australia )
    Wow. You should show them a few teaser photos to get them worked up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast