Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Tokyo Disney 'Popcorn Bucket Roundup!'

Yeah the buckets are a boring, and the flavours, yuck! I really wish they could at least get the honey flavoured popcorn in fantasyland.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Munchings & Crunchings

I saw that same thing and was going to post about it. I think it's a start for the US parks. I wonder what their "plum" will taste like? I hope, like lots of flavors in the US, that it's not too over-the-top sweet. I like the Japanese candy flavors better for that reason...more understated and usually taste like what they represent. Have you tried anything "raspberry" flavored in America though? Totally fake flavors...

Anyway, yeah, the popcorn buckets here are all the same, and just the printed logo changes. It doesn't look like they did anything "out of the box" for World of Color, just lots of flashy-lighty thingies. I can't wait to see the show though.

• Munchings & Crunchings

As for other TDR popcorn buckets, I'll try to dig up some pictures. TDLFAN, I found some of your past photos of some of them, do you mind if I post them?

Spring Carnival:

Chip 'n' Dale:

TDL Halloween:

Buzz Lightyear Astro-Blaster:

Find Stitch!:

Tower of Terror:

Rock Around the Mouse:

Harborside Christmas 2008:

Mickey Easter Wonderland:

TDL Halloween 2005:

TDL 25th Anniversary:

TDL Christmas Fantasy 2005:

Winnie the Pooh:

Duffy:

Year of the Tiger:

Spring Carnival 2010:

Another Spring Carnival...maybe 2007?

Harborside Christmas 2009:

Harborside Christmas 2007:

TDL 25th Tinker bell:

TDL 20th Anniversary:

Christmas Fantasy 2002:

Disney Princess Days:

TDS 5th Anniversary:

New Year?

Wow, these popcorn buckets are a lot more elaborate than I imagined!

More buckets!

Kawaiiiii! These buckets are all sooo cute. I wish the US parks had them, although I can imagine how they would be difficult to store as souvenirs!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I can't wait to see the show though.
    The show looks amazing I have to admit. And I will be traveling out to California within the next year to check it out in person. So has any of the Disneyland Members tried the popcorn yet. And is it as disgusting as what it looks.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Disneyland Paris has gotten in on the popcorn buckets too. Or I think it has as while this picture has no discription, it resembles a popcorn bucket to me.
    Disneyland® Paris's Photos - Disney new generation festival merchandise | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The show looks amazing I have to admit. And I will be traveling out to California within the next year to check it out in person. So has any of the Disneyland Members tried the popcorn yet. And is it as disgusting as what it looks.
    That's the funny thing—at Disneyland/WDW we've never even tried the popcorn! It smells good, but you just know it's going to be dry and super-salty.

But at TDS, they totally got us with the buckets and different flavors. I ate more pocorn in 4 days than I've eaten in the last 4 YEARS!

More buckets!

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Re: More buckets!

Cool! Thanks!
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• You have much to learn...

I only started buying the buckets within the past 2 years- I'm sorry now that I missed out on some of the earlier ones- but they do take up a lot of space at home if you try to display them & will all of my collections thru the years my house is jam packed as it is.

Thanks to all who've dug up the pictures & posted them for us to see. The one's I have are already pictured.

Thanks for posting these buckets. I am going to be the stupid American here and ask about how they exactly work. It looks like a bucket on a lanyard. Do people wear them around their necks or on their shoulders? Do they offer refills on the popcorn if you bring back an old bucket? It looks like a lot of fun!

I have a popcorn bucket I saved from DLP. It isn't nearly as neat as these.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting these buckets. I am going to be the stupid American here and ask about how they exactly work. It looks like a bucket on a lanyard. Do people wear them around their necks or on their shoulders? Do they offer refills on the popcorn if you bring back an old bucket? It looks like a lot of fun!
    The buckets are sold at all the popcorn stands around the parks. They have different flavors and are usually themed around the area they are found and are also themed with whatever the park is themed at the time. They are around $15-$20 and are filled with popcorn when you purchase them and you can refill for about $5 or $6. And yes you can refill an old bucket......Many people bring their old buckets to use... I saw many this time.
    People wear them around their necks on shoulders, hang from strollers, attach to backpack..... This trip we brought home 7...... they are very durable and strong that my kids have used them as lunch boxes for school since the very first ones we brought back 9 years ago. Easy to wash and no worries bout bacteria growing ....... We bought the one in HK and they weren't as great quality as the ones in japan. I didn't see any in Anaheim... do they have popcorn buckets there?... hmm...

The pop corn buckets are in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I joked around with my group on my last trip that I was going to get one and tell everyone it came from Japan.

The pop corn is alright but good if your in a long line. Just something to snack on.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast