Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Tokyo Disney 'Popcorn Bucket Roundup!'

• Munchings & Crunchings

Those new ones are cute! I like the designs on the Alice & Summer Splash buckets.

I wish we could know beforehand which buckets are sold where.

I'd definitely get an Alice one!
    Girls' trip to TDR!!!! 9/23/10 - 9/26/10!!!!!

• Lost Boy

Ahh! Awesome thread! I have been collecting popcorn buckets from the US parks for years and recently have started going to DLP so have a bunch from there too! I have space above the cabinets in the kitchen so I line them up there which has been a good out of the way place to show them off that otherwise would be wasted space. We will be in Tokyo in a little over two weeks and I plan to get as many different ones there as I can How many different ones do they normally have at a time?
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• You have much to learn...

I never really shopped that much for the popcorn buckets- but there may be up to 4 or more different ones at each park at any given time. It also depends on the time of year you go too since each event- Spring, Summer, Halloween, Christmas, etc- has it's own bucket at each park as well. Sometimes they may swap out one that they sell during the year, for the event one- but someone who visits the parks more often may be of more help.

I actually collect the cups & plates that come with the desserts- they are smaller & cheaper and take up much less space than the popcorn buckets- but that may not be another collection you would want to get into- I have dozens of them already & I've only been visiting each year for the past 5 years now.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    Ahh! Awesome thread! I have been collecting popcorn buckets from the US parks for years and recently have started going to DLP so have a bunch from there too! I have space above the cabinets in the kitchen so I line them up there which has been a good out of the way place to show them off that otherwise would be wasted space. We will be in Tokyo in a little over two weeks and I plan to get as many different ones there as I can How many different ones do they normally have at a time?
    I too collect the Tokyo popcorn buckets simply because they are so unique and their graphic arts and straps and such are of such high quality. Just got the Summer Splash bucket yesterday, along with the souvenir cups and saucers... of which I also have a collection that spans several years of history in the parks.
    As for the popcorn buckets... I only collect the special event or ocasion ones, simply because there are so many of them. Each park may be selling somewhere from 5 to 8 different buckets *on the same day* of your visit, and they may have just as many popcorn flavors on sale as well. But if you plan to collect popcorns buckets on your upcomng visit, be prepared to spend mucho $$$. These buckets cost as little as US$15 and as much as US$28, it depends on the design, theme, or character. You will NOT find the same bucket sold at both TDS or TDL, so be prepared to find a lot of designs between the two parks. It's simply insane. And since you mentioned you collect the USA buckets, you will immediately see the difference in quality and craftmanship here. The US bucket's graphics appear to be xeroxed in, as opposed to the clear and HD-like graphics in the TDR buckets.
    me thinks you will be pleasantly surprised but highly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of designs available. Bring cash. Credit Cards are not accepted for popcorn sales.

Some of those look like there are 3 compartments. Does each one get filled with popcorn? Is the flavor the same in each section? Can you break them apart and are there lids? These popcorn buckets are fascinating!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by HebeJebe View Post
    Some of those look like there are 3 compartments. Does each one get filled with popcorn? Is the flavor the same in each section? Can you break them apart and are there lids? These popcorn buckets are fascinating!
    Those buckets are actually collapsible. There are not separate compartments really, it's just that when you are finished with your popcorn, or just for easier storage, you can shrink it down to a smaller size.

I see! Thanks!

• Disney Fan & Musician

can someone tell me how the popcorn tastes compared to the American type? I know that they have all of the flavors, but is the popcorn itself different?
    Last edited by MatterhornJ; 08-21-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

It pretty much tasted the same to me, except for the flavors. And no matter how fresh it was, it always tasted slightly stale... but hey! The flavors were nice!

• Disneymom

yes, Anahiem has popcorn buckets. They are all the same style just different pictures depending on where you are in the park or what the park is themed. Kinda boring and all the popcorn is the same.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast