Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Tokyo Disney 'Popcorn Bucket Roundup!'

Hey folks,
    If you've ever been to Tokyo Disney, it's not hard to say that the Japanese are very fond of their popcorn buckets. Yes, we all know the ones. Those buckets that contain that melt-in-your-mouth popcorn. No wonder that they are so popular! But enough of that already. We all know that there are a vast array of flavours... many of which I'm sure you could list. So no, not the flavours. But the buckets. Those buckets are extremely popular too. Everywhere you look: "Oooooh wow, another popcorn bucket just like the one... wait a minute. Its completely different. And that one. And that." So you get my drift? THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENT BUCKETS!! And as of yet, there is no single site that I know of that showcases all or most of these buckets (please enlighten me if there are!) So... get your cameras ready folks, and bring out your albums. It's time to collect as many pictures of these different buckets on this single thread. Good luck!
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disney 'Popcorn Bucket Roundup!'

Well... i could take pictures of ALL my 100+ buckets but it would take me a couple of days to accomplish that...

• You have much to learn...

I'd love for you TDLFAN to post those pics as well & am even more interested in the many years of collectible mugs & dishes. I've only gotten a few popcorn buckets recently since I am beyond having any space left at home- but still buy too much as well.

I know you're busy with your travels & many of us are envious of all the time you can visit TDR & would love to see a new thread of your own with many of your collectibles from TDR through the years you have visited.

I've accumulated quite a bit of merchandise in the past 6 years & can only imagine what you have had since the early days of the resort.

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well... i could take pictures of ALL my 100+ buckets but it would take me a couple of days to accomplish that...
    Was that an offer?
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

Monster, Inc. bucket

OK, here's my first contribution. I tried to shoot as many different buckets as I could when we were there in March, so I'll have a ton more as I go through my 5,000+ images from the trip.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Re: Monster, Inc. bucket

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    OK, here's my first contribution. I tried to shoot as many different buckets as I could when we were there in March, so I'll have a ton more as I go through my 5,000+ images from the trip.

Awesome, Lurkyloo!

Timekeeper

• Resident of the Caldera

The major problem with collecting popcorn buckets is that they take up a huge amount of room in your home. They don't stack, so each must stand freely on a shelf or something.

On the plus side, they are excellent for transporting delicate items back in your luggage when you fill them with dirty laundry and put the delicate collectible in the middle!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The major problem with collecting popcorn buckets is that they take up a huge amount of room in your home. They don't stack, so each must stand freely on a shelf or something.

On the plus side, they are excellent for transporting delicate items back in your luggage when you fill them with dirty laundry and put the delicate collectible in the middle!
    You have just given me a great idea on how to get Sake home!! Not sure my husband would want me using the dirty laundy though!!!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I could certainly see this being a problem for people in Japan who all live in tiny apartments. Where does this sort of stuff end up going once it gets home?

• Banned User

Lucky for me, I live in a mansion. But even mansions have small rooms (just ask the Ghost host) and trust me, there is a way to stack up the popcorn busckets and make them fit in small areas. You have not tried hard enough Fukai.

• Resident of the Caldera

I would be very grateful for any help with the geometry of stacking popcorn buckets without the threat of an avalance in my future.

Does anybody know if the lids to popcorn buckets fit all. I lost the lid to my popcorn bucket and i was wondering if anybody has an extra one or do i have to buy a new one when i go next year
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Banned User

No they don't. There are some that fot most but some other are of different size and circumferences.. like the Duffy bucket being oval, some lids being "snap-on" and others being of the "clip on and twist to lock" type.

That is exactly what we have done on both of our trips to TDR One thing I didn't pack like that got broken when I was unpacking Yep, survived the trip home, then when I was unpacking this morning, I pulled out a shirt, forgetting it had my Queen of Hearts collectable teacup in it and *SMASH* Should have bought more popcorn buckets....
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm looking at the latest World of Colour merchandise offerings that will debut at DCA over the Weekend and have come across this rather interesting line. World of Colour popcorn buckets with cherry, blueberry and plum flavoured popcorn. So if your visiting the park over the next few months make sure you pick them up. If the sales are good enough who knows Disney may introduce other popcorn buckets and flavours to the US parks. ‘World of Color’ With Flair Disney Parks Blog

I should point out the design of the buckets do look poor compared to TDR designs. And the flavours do seem less inviting than TDR flavours. But hey its a start.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast