Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• This $pace for $ale

You Can or Can't Bye Tickets fot TDS in the US before you go?

I thought i read you could purchase your tix before you travel there? Also can one make priority dining reservations from the US? If so, how? and how far in advance? I will be there end of August.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: You Can or Can't Bye Tickets fot TDS in the US before you go?

You can purchase your park tickets in advance from the Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Maker website. Tokyo Disney Resort Bare in mind you still have to pick them up upon arrival at the Resort. You will not be sent them in the post.

Priority Dining Reservations are only open to Resort Hotel Guest's unfortunately. You can make Reservations or Priority Seating at any park by visiting before the day. But since your in the States this really can't be done. You may get lucky and be able to book on the day by visiting early. Or I believe the Restaurants have a stand by queue in case someone no show's. But you would need to join this early taking you away from the park and its unlimited attractions and shows.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    You can purchase your park tickets in advance from the Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Maker website. Tokyo Disney Resort Bare in mind you still have to pick them up upon arrival at the Resort. You will not be sent them in the post.

Priority Dining Reservations are only open to Resort Hotel Guest's unfortunately. You can make Reservations or Priority Seating at any park by visiting before the day. But since your in the States this really can't be done. You may get lucky and be able to book on the day by visiting early. Or I believe the Restaurants have a stand by queue in case someone no show's. But you would need to join this early taking you away from the park and its unlimited attractions and shows.
    It's a bit confusing on their website, but you don't have to be a Disney Hotel guest to make a PS in advance. Not sure what Malin's experience was, but I have managed it a couple of times in the past (when I wasn't staying onsite) I was able to book a month ahead. You can't make reservations for the show dinners inside Tokyo Disneyland over the phone, though.

I got the impression that you pick them up at the TDR ticket center. Tokyo Disney Resort: Tokyo Disney Resort Ticket Center

We considered buying (really reserving) from the US with our US credit card and picking them up (or perhaps having FIL on the ground pick them up) but you have to present the credit card you reserved with with at the time of pick-up. We aren't staying at a resort so would potentially have to make separate trip out from city center just to get tix. In the end we did buy ahead but had them sent to FIL's house COD.

Link to some (limited) explanation about buying from outside Japan:
    Tokyo Disney Resort: Vacation Maker: Requirements & Important Information : About Park Tickets

• Minion

It's a bit confusing on their website, but you don't have to be a Disney Hotel guest to make a PS in advance. Not sure what Malin's experience was, but I have managed it a couple of times in the past (when I wasn't staying onsite) I was able to book a month ahead. You can't make reservations for the show dinners inside Tokyo Disneyland over the phone, though.
    I was only going by the information provided though the TDR website. I had no idea you could reserve a priority seating by phone without having a hotel Reservation. But your right the website isn't really clear on this. I'm glad to see that it is possible, and I thank you ReggieB on clearing this one up.

Is there any real advantage to buying tickets ahead of time online? It looks like you still have to get in line at the ticket window and pull out your credit card anyway? Or would the line to pick up tickets be shorter than the regular line? We'll be arriving at TDS around 9:30 am on Wednesday July 21, would like to be there earlier but are staying with Japanese friends in Kokubunji and have to adjust schedules to theirs.
    Last edited by gk90; 06-12-2010 at 08:24 AM.

• Minion

Your best bet is to do what I did before visiting the Resort on my last trip and find a Disney Store in Japan that has a TDR counter. You can buy dated tickets from this location. If your unable to do so than I recomend arriving an hour and a half early and wait outside the ticket booths for them to open. Than once you have your ticket head straight over to the gates.

No real advantage to buying them online that I can see.

Here's another vote for waiting til you get there—for one thing, if you are staying at a Disney hotel, they have been offering different kinds of tickets than are available to the general public. We were offered a 4-day pass that lets you hop between both parks EVERY day, not just on the last 2 days.

Lurky or anybody else - did they offer these tickets at the Good Neighbor Hotels? or just the 3 Disney hotels?

We only stayed at Disney hotels, so, unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that one...

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    Here's another vote for waiting til you get there—for one thing, if you are staying at a Disney hotel, they have been offering different kinds of tickets than are available to the general public. We were offered a 4-day pass that lets you hop between both parks EVERY day, not just on the last 2 days.
    Based on this thread, unless it's being extended, the offer ends at the end of this month, so that won't be a viable option come August.

True, but who's to say they won't start a new offer?

I still say the best bet is to wait to buy your tickets til you get there, unless you're not staying at a Disney resort and it's Top season.

Well, the offer is actually on the website under guest benefits. XD So anyone interested can check to see if there's a new ticket offer available after June 30. This offer looks like it's only good for the 3 Disney hotels.

I actually bought my tickets at the Disney Store in Shibuya (to see the castle entrance while I was at it) and at the welcome center. Both times were easy and the line was short, so I recommend just waiting if you can.

Oh, I didn't know you could get tix at the Shibuya store...that is very good to know!!! Thank you for mentioning.

Nearly all the Disney Stores have a ticket counter, except Ikispiari and I think the store in the Fukuoka Parco.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast