• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Priority Seating

Hey I'm considering trying one of the Table Service Restaurants inside either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea. Now unfortunately unless your a hotel Guest. It seems that your unable to get a Priority Seating with out visiting the park in advance or on the day of your visit. Since I was planning to try to eat somewhere on the day I visit. I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck in getting a Priority Seating before on the day of your visit. I'll be visiting the Resort between the 13th to the 18th of September. Is there a good chance I can just turn up on the day and get a Priority Seating. And what has been your experience when it comes to eating at Table Service Restaurants. I'm considering either a meal at the Blue Bayou or Magellan's. Any advice on what the best way to approach getting a Priority Seating would be and any recomendations for Restaurants?

Have tried sailing day buffet before but we were fortunate to be able to just walk in without a Priority Seating. But I'm guessing one of the actual table service Restaurants would be a bit more difficult to get into here.

• TDR and Japan fan

Re: Priority Seating

I LOVED Magellan's for us the food is somewhat a "priority", but whatever you choose it will be good, and well if the park is not very crowded i think there is no need on the prioirty reservation
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Now unfortunately unless your a hotel Guest. It seems that your unable to get a Priority Seating with out visiting the park in advance or on the day of your visit.
    Actually, anyone can make a priority seating at a park restaurant up to one month in advance by calling this number: +81-45-683-3333 (for calls from overseas). The only exceptions are hotel restaurants and reservations for dinner/lunch shows at Polynesian Terrace and the Golden Horseshoe—only Disney resort guests can make those over the phone.

Disney's English-language web site is kind of confusing on this point—they missed an article or a preposition or something in there. But I called and confirmed this with the Tokyo Disney Resort Reservations Center.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck in getting a Priority Seating before on the day of your visit. I'll be visiting the Resort between the 13th to the 18th of September.... I'm considering either a meal at the Blue Bayou or Magellan's. Any advice on what the best way to approach getting a Priority Seating would be and any recomendations for Restaurants?

We had great luck with walking up to both those restaurants during Top Season in March. Now someone (maybe it was you!) mentioned on my trip report that the clientele in the park at that time maybe isn't interested in table-service dining, so I don't know if this would hold true in September. But when we had to ditch all our carefully made priority seating reservations and just do walk-ups, we never had to wait more than 5 minutes at any of them except Restaurante di Canaletto (40 minutes).

• Banned User

I LOVED Magellan's for us the food is somewhat a "priority", but whatever you choose it will be good, and well if the park is not very crowded i think there is no need on the prioirty reservation
    Thanks for the recomendation for Magellan's. The food I have to admit from the pictures I've seen from various Trip Reports does look excellent. I suspect the 13th to the 18th of September will be packed at both parks. Halloween is always one of the busiest times of the years anyway.

Actually, anyone can make a priority seating at a park restaurant up to one month in advance by calling this number: +81-45-683-3333 (for calls from overseas).
    Your right this one is not really explained well on the website and allows you to believe its only opened to Hotel Guests. But thanks I'll give the number a go closer to leaving. I also need to start organising reservations for Disneyland Paris soon.

We had great luck with walking up to both those restaurants during Top Season in March. Now someone (maybe it was you!) mentioned on my trip report that the clientele in the park at that time maybe isn't interested in table-service dining, so I don't know if this would hold true in September.
    Thats my theory in regards to Priority Seating in March. September is an interesting one because the majority of Guests are adults. Mainly Ladies from my experience of visiting during this time of the year who visit the parks with Friends. And dining at Table Service Restaurants would possibly be more of an Priority to this crowd.

Hey I'm considering trying one of the Table Service Restaurants inside either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea. Now unfortunately unless your a hotel Guest. It seems that your unable to get a Priority Seating with out visiting the park in advance or on the day of your visit. Since I was planning to try to eat somewhere on the day I visit. I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck in getting a Priority Seating before on the day of your visit. I'll be visiting the Resort between the 13th to the 18th of September. Is there a good chance I can just turn up on the day and get a Priority Seating. And what has been your experience when it comes to eating at Table Service Restaurants. I'm considering either a meal at the Blue Bayou or Magellan's. Any advice on what the best way to approach getting a Priority Seating would be and any recomendations for Restaurants?

Have tried sailing day buffet before but we were fortunate to be able to just walk in without a Priority Seating. But I'm guessing one of the actual table service Restaurants would be a bit more difficult to get into here.
    I too like dining in the parks, and will be making my way out to TDR this September from the States, so am happy that you started this thread.

I have dined at both Magellan's and Blue Bayou, both were a lot of fun in terms of vibe and theming. My personal preference really leans towards Blue Bayou, only because it really seemed like a restaurant that could only exist at Disney. Magellan's was very nice, but for the money, and accounting for the fact that it is ultimately "park food" no matter how upscale, I didn't get the wow factor that I expected. I found BB to be a lot more immersive, unique and endearing to me. But both were totally worth the experience.

• Banned User

Interesting thanks for sharing. I really want to give Megellan's a try but I can understand where your coming from. Megellan's is more of a recreation of a classic Restaurant, while Blue Bayou is something only Disney can pull off.

At TDR last week. Have to say I didn't find any of the restaurants to be particularly busy. My family did eat early though, so maybe that was why it was still quiet. Also had no problem with walk ups at the hotel restaurants either (though I wouldn't try it for Chef Mickey's, that was super busy)

• Banned User

Interesting dining options below in COUNTER SERVICE restaurants at TDS. No Priority Seating needed in case anhyone needs a back up plan.

Casbah Cafe in Arabian Coast:

San Miguel's in Lost River Delta.

NY Deli in American Waterfront.

Zambini Bros in Mediterranean Harbor..

...And that's just to name a few of the high quality meals that anyone can have from a counter service restaurant at TDS. No WDW quality here folks. Real food in real plates. Counter service at TDR does not mean burgers and fries like it does at WDW. Best of all.. no priority reservations needed.

• Banned User

Thanks for the tips for how to visit DisneySea on a budget.

Now back to the Original topic.

How do the other Table Service Restaurants stack up against the Blue Bayou and Magellan's?

Tokyo Disneyland has Eastside Cafe, Centre Street Coffee House and Restaurant Hokusai.

Tokyo DisneySea has Ristorante di Canaletto, Magellan's Lounge, S.S Columbia Dining Room, Teddy Roosevelt Lounge and Restaurant Sakura.

My family did eat early though, so maybe that was why it was still quiet. Also had no problem with walk ups at the hotel restaurants either (though I wouldn't try it for Chef Mickey's, that was super busy)
    Character dining and buffet's are not really my thing. Much prefer to be waited on. Thanks for the tip about hotels by the way. How do the Hotel Resturants stack up against the park ones. Any that are worth checking out?

I've heard good things about Canna?
    Last edited by Malin; 06-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.

How do the other Table Service Restaurants stack up against the Blue Bayou and Magellan's?
    SS Columbia Dining Room is just as fine a dining experience as Magellan's, and I thought the menu was more interesting. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge felt like a hidden gem—reasonably priced, good food, great atmosphere, and table service all rolled into one!

Eastside Cafe felt more like a Magic Kingdom restaurant to me. The quality of the food wasn't that great for the price, and I've certainly had better Italian food at Tutto Italia in Epcot (granted, at a higher price point).

How do the Hotel Resturants stack up against the park ones. Any that are worth checking out?

I've heard good things about Canna?
    I think the swanky hotel restaurants are definitely swankier than the ones in the parks. Canna is very much haute cuisine—small, elaborately presented portions with cutting-edge flavor combinations. Sort of like a less pretentious version of Victoria & Albert's.

I only ate the buffet at Oceano, but they have an a la carte menu as well, and if you can time it to be there during one of the lagoon shows, so much the better!

Hanna at the Ambassador seemed like any other Japanese restaurant in Tokyo to me, but I think maybe that's the point.

• Banned User

Thanks for the tips for how to visit DisneySea on a budget.
    Oh I did not know eating counter service was a "budget" option, especially at TDR, when a single meal can set you back about $14 per person.

• TDR and Japan fan

I can post some pics of the magellans food
    I just have two pictures, but we will likely eat there in July so ill hurry with pics when I come back, also we might try canna or other nice one, last time we tried lunch and dinner of oceano and we loved the buffet, try it its worth it, they have nice selections. Also thanks TDLFAN for the pictures.

Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Banned User

Lurley,did you collect the tall glass from magellans' bar? I have all of them released so far!

• Banned User

Thanks for your views lurkyloo. May need to seriously consider visiting Canna for a meal.

luckyone thanks for posting the pictures. If your able to post more pictures when you get back it would be greatly apreciated.