Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: TDR Summer 2010 Update Report

Thanks for the photos, TDLFAN.

It's funny, for the thousands of photos I have seen of both TDL and TDS, I really cannot get a handle on the layout and feel. Maybe one day, I will get there!
    Last edited by mark; 07-29-2010 at 08:50 AM.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Resident of the Caldera

Thanks for the photos. Can't wait for my own trip in October.

I hesitate to say this, since you've been to the parks more than most of us, but I think you've labeled the East and West photos in World Bazaar backward. East is always to the right of North, and the photo you have labeled East shows the Confectionary on the near left. I believe that should be West.

• Just another Disney fan..

His N/E/W/S looks right to me. East is towards Adventureland with World Bazaar Confectionery, Club 33, Eastside Cafe, POC, etc all in that direction. West is towards Tomorrowland with the Grand Emporium, Center Street Coffee House, Monsters Inc. etc in that direction.

Thanks for the great update.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The Philharmagic redo continues...
    This caught my attention. I've been hoping against hope that with the Philharmagic addition OLC would begin to change the plastic Tournament Tent-style of the FL facades to the fairytale architecture of DLP or DL. It looks like they actually might be doing that here. Or are they just slapping "Philharmagic" on the Tournament Tent like they did in MK?

Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    It's funny, for the thousands of photos I have seen of both TDL and TDS, I really cannot get a handle on the layout and feel.
    You can use ms livemaps to get a rotatable low helicopter photographic view of both parks with pretty decent resolution. Go here and then select, "bird-eye view" to the lower right of the word 3-D.

Bing Maps

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai
    I hesitate to say this, since you've been to the parks more than most of us, but I think you've labeled the East and West photos in World Bazaar backward. East is always to the right of North, and the photo you have labeled East shows the Confectionary on the near left. I believe that should be West.
    I know my Disney parks better than the back of my hand. I believe my compass labeling is correct. Also, be reminded that TDL is slightly tilted towards the northwest, with the main TDL entrance being on the north end. So my labels are approximations to the actual geographical location. Likewise, I can say HKDL's castle faces east, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage
    This caught my attention. I've been hoping against hope that with the Philharmagic addition OLC would begin to change the plastic Tournament Tent-style of the FL facades to the fairytale architecture of DLP or DL. It looks like they actually might be doing that here. Or are they just slapping "Philharmagic" on the Tournament Tent like they did in MK?
    By the looks of it so far.. it appears to be the same situation as that of the MK.. however, when the castle's look was changed a few years ago, OLC neglected to change the rest of the castle "walls" that frame the back side of the Fantasyland attracrtions, and I believe those walls are getting the same color and feel of the castle's current paint job. However, we'll know for sure once those tarps come off.. but it would thrill me if TDL got the same treatment HKDL got at their Philharmagic, which I showed in my HKDL summer pictorial as well.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

WOW- Thanks, Randy!
    (And I really like the brown color of the castle in your photos, TDLFAN.)
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Not sure how I feel about vending machines. I guess since it's Japan and they are ubiquitous everywhere else, I don't mind as much. Here in the US, vending machines are only in places where there's no food, and they are usually cheap, unhealthy snacks or drinks.
    I can respect some of the guys around here are going to be against this idea. I'm not so against the vending machines. With child cup sizes served in the Resturants and the Resort's often humid weather it can be hard to quench your thirst in this kind of envioment. Tokyo Disneyland appears from my experience to have much less drink carts around the park compared with Tokyo DisneySea. So I first welcome the addition more options to purchase drinks. Vending machines are a great way to get rid of any unwanted change that builds up in your pocket without having to go to the embarasment of counting it all out at a shop. The other reason I'm in favour of the vending machine is that I can purchase a drink without having to wait in line. Giving me more time to spend inside the park on attractions. Win win situation.

• Minion

Wonderful pics! I always love to see the merch too!
    I want my cake back!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    WOW- Thanks, Randy!
    (And I really like the brown color of the castle in your photos, TDLFAN.)
    It is rather classy, isn't it? Every time I go back to the MK and see how bland their castle looks over there, I cringe.

As for the vending machines.. if they have to be in the parks, then so be it, but hide them away in corners *inside* restaurants. Plus, who carries pocket change in Japan anymore? We all use Pasmo or Suica to pay for everything, including vending machine purchases. And keep in mind.. OLC is charging more for those soda bottles than what you normally would pay at the convenience stores.

• Banned User

TDLFAN also LOVES talking in 3rd person. Love all the pictures. Do you, by chance, have any pictures of Snow White?

• Pongo is my hero.

Great photos

I especially love the CBJ th.! IDK why but it really screams quality to me.

If only they'd get rid of that awful Main Street cover ):

one hundred and one

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

As for the vending machines.. if they have to be in the parks, then so be it, but hide them away in corners *inside* restaurants.
    I agree that more could be done to hide the vending machines. Although I would much prefer to just see more locations at TDL selling bottled drinks rather than needing the vending machines in the first place.

And keep in mind.. OLC is charging more for those soda bottles than what you normally would pay at the convenience stores.
    You can make that claim with any Disney park. Disney or OLC will always charge you more. Whats the difference in price between the bottled drinks and the cups used in Restaurants. I'd be interested to know which one was better vaule?

• Munchings & Crunchings

I absolutely LOVE the color scheme for TDL's castle. It really does make WDW's look bland by comparison. Not that I don't like WDW's, but after the cosmetic change, it's just a lot more noticeable. I actually prefer HKDL's paint job on their castle to the one at DL too, because it's a bit classier looking.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    You can make that claim with any Disney park. Disney or OLC will always charge you more. Whats the difference in price between the bottled drinks and the cups used in Restaurants. I'd be interested to know which one was better vaule?
    I agree, A Nestea drink at HKDL will cost 3x the price of the same product at 7-11...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast