Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: TDR Summer 2010 Update Report

I only just noticed this, what a great TR, thanks for posting!

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

After playing around with Bing Maps, I really cannot wait to see these parks in person! Oh my gosh, even TDL- which I mistakenly thought of as a combo of the first two Magic Kingdoms- looks incredible.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Wow very beautiful pics,i never see before that kind of Disney pics.really Walt Disney is only one place where any one can enjoyed and imagine a new world of happiness.

• Banned User

Thank you^^
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    After playing around with Bing Maps, I really cannot wait to see these parks in person! Oh my gosh, even TDL- which I mistakenly thought of as a combo of the first two Magic Kingdoms- looks incredible.
    This is the most common misconception about TDL. Yes, it is a combination of the best features from both the MK and DL parks, but there are some unique enviroments also and most everything that has been added to TDL does have an unique feel or look, giving the park a very nice atmosphere. Even in area where it reproduces the MK or DL, it usually exceeds the look with better greenery or maintenance. Not to mention that TDl's rides benefit from more updated technology than those found at the MK.
    If that is not enough reason to go there, then go just to see TDS. Simply the very best and most elaborate 2nd gate ever built by Disney. Makes EPCOT feel like the 19th century.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The photos aren't working right now. It says "bandwidth exceeded".

• Resident of the Caldera

I believe your photo of the Castle had the caption "North," which would mean that it's mislabelled, and this led to my question.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The photos aren't working right now. It says "bandwidth exceeded".
    That is correct and I apologize. Photobucket says this problem should be fixed by august 15th. I guess I had too many photos in my account and exceeded the space avail. The fact that I have deleted files from my account does not remedy the situation right away.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

No biggie. I can wait. This is why I have 2 Photobucket accounts... one for me and one for Wonderpup (except I goofed and put my latest Wonderpup photos in my account instead of his. Whoopsie!).

Same as Aimster the pictures doesnt appear on my computer !!!!
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Banned User

Hi again... just to let you know the photos accompanying this report are once again available for viewing, so I apologize for the inconvenience if you tried to see the photos and were not there for viewing. Thank Photobucket for that...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Great photos.

*sigh* Even Tokyo's Captain Eo sign has light up Neon.

Amazing how Captain Eo now seems more "TOMORROWLAND" than HISTA ever did no?

• Vehicle rotating backward

I wish there was a way to go back. My one trip there was company funded. I remember a few years ago it seemed like going to TDR would only cost a little more than WDW if I would deal with a partner hotel out by Bayview Station. Now it costs almost as much as a week in WDW just to fly there.

On the other hand, looking at the attraction lines there makes me feel like OLC would make so much money and alleviate a lot of the crowding if they simply brought back ticket books. A cost associated with riding things = less people in line to ride things, and more than any other complex TDR provides ample atmosphere and entertainment that the base admission with a certain number of tickets included would still be good value.

Rare visitors like myself would pay more money for more tickets and to cut down the wait times a little. People who wouldn't pay more for a bunch of tickets will probably be the ones who go more often as a result. I would gladly lay out an extra 20,000 yen in books of tickets order to do the things I want on my vacation while not have lines exceeding 90 minutes.

• Banned User

Well! Look what the cat dragged in!! Mr. Vegas himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    I wish there was a way to go back.
    As far as I know, airline service to Japan is still available...

My one trip there was company funded.
    Mine too! Who knew?

I remember a few years ago it seemed like going to TDR would only cost a little more than WDW if I would deal with a partner hotel out by Bayview Station. Now it costs almost as much as a week in WDW just to fly there.
    Really?!?!? Is that how deeply discounted WDW is now a days?

On the other hand, looking at the attraction lines there makes me feel like OLC would make so much money and alleviate a lot of the crowding if they simply brought back ticket books. A cost associated with riding things = less people in line to ride things, and more than any other complex TDR provides ample atmosphere and entertainment that the base admission with a certain number of tickets included would still be good value.
    Actually, there would be a lot less crowding in TDR's popular rides if it wasn't because of fastpass and THAT is what needs to go. I would not want to see the ticket books make a return because they would make TDR more expensive to experience. Keep in mind that both parks in Japan remain one of "Disney's" most affordable park experiences.. since they offer much much more entertainment overall than the US/Paris/HK parks.
    Then there is the devoted fan base.. I don't think that crowding will ever be alliviated at TDR, simply because they are revered in Japan and they continue to commit themselves to offer the very best entertainment and special events possible to garranty the crowds are there. They for one have me in their pocket.

Rare visitors like myself would pay more money for more tickets and to cut down the wait times a little. People who wouldn't pay more for a bunch of tickets will probably be the ones who go more often as a result. I would gladly lay out an extra 20,000 yen in books of tickets order to do the things I want on my vacation while not have lines exceeding 90 minutes.
    OLC does not cater much to rare/infrequent visitors. They don't need your business, really. The local fanbase keeps the place busy throughout the year as you know. Reason why OLC rarely advertises outside Japan. Only in Taipei have I seen advertizement for TDR, and only because HKDL advertises aggressively there as well.

BUT!... if you are willing to pay more money (quoteing you here) to cut down the wait times a little.. then what they should do at TDR and in every Disney park on Earth is what I have been saying all along: CHARGE FOR FASTPASS SERVICE!!!

You heard it here first folks!!! People *are willing* to pay more for less waiting in line. Universal got it right and are reaping the rewards, and it has NOT cut into their business in USJ in Osaka, or even in the US properties. Plus I gladly bought the Express book for Universal Singapore.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    BUT!... if you are willing to pay more money (quoteing you here) to cut down the wait times a little.. then what they should do at TDR and in every Disney park on Earth is what I have been saying all along: CHARGE FOR FASTPASS SERVICE!!!
    Such an obvious and excellent solution. Even would be a new source of revenue which is never a bad thing. Price it properly, and the wait times would be no worse than they are with FP system.

Hardly a negative can be found with the idea. So it probably won't be done.

• Banned User

No it won't because people have the perception that it is something that only affluent people can buy into, but that's not the case. If you can afford to go to any single Disney park in the World, you can surely afford a few extra bucks for line cutting priviledges. Just check how negative the WDW fans feel when this idea turns up on those boards. But I honestly see improved (reduced) stand by wait times when less people bite into it. Of course, in Tokyo, I can also see the opposite happening... since they never follow the same behavior patterns I see from guests at the US/Paris parks. The japanese fans are so conditioned to get FP, I can see them buying up the entire daily quota of FPs available for sale. Which is the case with the Universal Japan Express booklets on crowded/holiday periods.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast