• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Future of Bonfire Dance

I've just been viewing this week's MiceChat Weekend Update that has some beautiful pictures by ichigopara from this years Bonfire Dance at Tokyo DisneySea. Check them out here http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/wee...comic-con.html

Interesting to read that ichigopara says so many people believe this may be the last year for Bonfire Dance. This has me thinking are we ready to say goodbye to this show or would you like to see it return next year. With 2011 being the park's 10th Anniversary the timing seems a bit odd. Any possible replacement would certainly clash with the new Fantasmic show out in the Med Harbour.

Than they is the talk that the Spring Carnival will not be returning next year. And we shouldn't forget that September the 8th is the last day for Over the Waves and that no replacement is planned. Also we must not forget this year Halloween event will be bigger than last years. Lots of changes coming it seems.

Something tells me the 10th Anniversary at Tokyo DisneySea is going to be an interesting one to follow. What do you think?

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Future of Bonfire Dance

If it's anything like their 5th, I better start saving my pennies for some soundtrack imports.

That said, the only soundtrack I don't have from TDS is, strangely enough, Bonfire Dance. I should be looking at past productions, however, because the soundtrack for this year's version feels shorter.

Back to the topic at hand, knowing that TDS's Fantasmic! will have WoC tech for their fountains and mist screen does make me curious as to what kind of changes they will bring to the show outside of the obvious set dressing. It will be very interesting to see and compare the show as to how OLC pulls it off.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Tomorrow's Child

On the soundtrack front, Bonfire is at the top of my list - even more so if it might be ending.

As for the show itself, it always seems popular so maybe its just going on a hiatus for the Tenth and will resume once the hoo-ha has died down?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    As for the show itself, it always seems popular so maybe its just going on a hiatus for the Tenth and will resume once the hoo-ha has died down?
    Has there been a TDR show that has done that in the past? I was under the impression that if it wasn't a holiday overlay (like Over The Waves Christmas), that once it's over, it's gone for good.

• Resident of the Caldera

The Columbia (Disneyland version) and Mark Twain are such important parts of Fantasmic, and we're not going to see either one in DisneySea, so that's going to be strange right away.

• The Darkness to Light

Ah, but you forget that they have a bank of barges backstage that they could easily retrofit with a Steamboat Willie "costume" a la WDW's version.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Something tells me the 10th Anniversary at Tokyo DisneySea is going to be an interesting one to follow. What do you think?
    I have no opinion on this right now. maybe once the anniversary event begins, then I will offer my opinions.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-01-2010 at 11:55 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The Columbia (Disneyland version) and Mark Twain are such important parts of Fantasmic, and we're not going to see either one in DisneySea, so that's going to be strange right away.
    The new version is said to be quite different from what we have in DL and FL. They may be cooking up a totally new ending that does not involve those vessels. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekslider
    Has there been a TDR show that has done that in the past? I was under the impression that if it wasn't a holiday overlay (like Over The Waves Christmas), that once it's over, it's gone for good.
    Except when a show is on hiatus due to maintenance. But in regards to Bonfire.. it's not being advertized as "Final", so my guess would be it will be back yet again next year.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, usually if a show is going away, they will announce that it's the final version. They did it with Spring Carnival, Braviseamo, MSEP, Fantillusion, etc. They tend to let the fans know that "this is it, no more!". So, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bonfire Dance back for at least one more season. Maybe they'll tie it (and everything else) into the 10th Anniversary?