Any recent review of the Happy Magic Room at Hilton?

I was able to get a screamin deal for this room but couldn't find a recent review on it on tripadvisor.
    Was wondering if any of you stayed there recently and what do you think?

I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to stay at one of the TDR hotels but this deal made me feel TONS better
    Now I'm hoping to hear some reviews on this room type if you have any.
    Thank you!

• You have much to learn...

Re: Any recent review of the Happy Magic Room at Hilton?

I've never actually stayed in one of the rooms, but have seen the floor they were on- basically the rooms have the walls painted with trees, owls, birds and other magical creatures. The rooms are basically similar to other rooms, but are painted more specifically for kids. I'm sure they just look much nicer than the regular rooms due to the decor- but basically the rooms are the same.

Thanks Jedimaster!
    I am happy to see according to the website that they'll have 4 beds in the room...
    That means my baby will have 2 beds all for herself. With the way she sleeps she needs the space... haha.

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if there are certain room number better than another. The pictures on tripadvisor look cute. But I was hoping to hear from someone on this board.

How do you find screamin deal for TDL area hotels?? I am planning my january trip and if anyone know and good deals please let me know thank!

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    How do you find screamin deal for TDL area hotels?? I am planning my january trip and if anyone know and good deals please let me know thank!
    Honestly I have no secret other than book early and them keep monitoring the price.

I booked with a AAA rate first about 4 months before the trip and then I just keep checking on the rates online. I do check combinations or rates as well. For example, if you go for a total of 5 nights for example Jan 1 to 6
    I'd check for rates for the whole stay Jan 1 -6
    Then for Jan 1-3, 3-6
    Then Jan 1-4, 4-6

somehow their prices changes by the combination dates. At least for Hilton Tokyo Bay. And I don't book advance prepay until I get closer to the date (like a month before). I figure if in that month the price changes, it won't be too far lower than I've prepaid for.

If you want to stay at Sheraton, I suggest booking early since their non-smoking rooms go really fast. I couldn't find any NS room available 4 months before our trip.

For some reason the Happy Magic Room rate was really really high in the beginning. But the last time I checked I was able to get it for 16000y/night prepaid. A little bit lower than my AAA rate for twin room.
    Although now I see some King room for even lower rate (15200y/night). But for the extra 800y/night I want to see if this HMR is all that it's cracked up to be

Good luck doing your research!

Oh, one more tip: Use Yapta.
    It tracks your hotel/flights rate for the dates you're looking for. In my experience sometimes it works (for flights), sometimes it doesn't (the hotel tracker is a bit iffy for me).

As for TDR owned hotels, I have no tip whatsoever. I've posted the question and it's seems unanimous that they don't need to lower price because the hotels are booked regardless.
    So the only way to get a screamin deal would be to wait until currency rate drops... not a good planning strategy I know

• Resident of the Caldera

I have a room for six nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in October, $200 a night. And I'm glad I made the reservation months ago, because the prices have gone up dramatically for most of those nights in the past few weeks.

I hope you'll post pix of the Happy Magic room when you get back—I'd love to see what a real one looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I have a room for six nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in October, $200 a night. And I'm glad I made the reservation months ago, because the prices have gone up dramatically for most of those nights in the past few weeks.
    I know it's crazy... I'm glad I booked earlier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    I hope you'll post pix of the Happy Magic room when you get back—I'd love to see what a real one looks like!
    Will do!
    I definitely won't be able to do a crazy wonderful TR like yours but I think I should be able to manage to post some hotel pics.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by irvinelmo View Post
    Hi,
    Hilton Oakland-Waterfront has 132 guestrooms.Televisions are equipped with satellite channels and pay movies.Guestrooms provide complimentary wireless Internet access,multi-line phones, complimentary weekday newspapers,and voice mail.Beds have pillowtop mattresses,down blankets, and premium bedding.All guestrooms provide sofa beds and desks.It is a good hotel to stay.
    Sorry, wrong country there.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~